Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halloween event failed

Laveillon

On the very first mission, i was not able to locate the last two caches with high range loot radar. I ignored the lantern and it broke, i was focusing on searching the last caches and there was no way to kill the infested anymore. This resulted in an automatic Mission Failed screen around the 10 minute mark, while i could have gone to the extraction. My question is... why?

Why on earth do we get the same mission treatment in an event like this? Once you are past mission completion and the caches are still not discovered, please let us collect them in peace, there is no life support or any other reason mentioned in the mission that would 'kill us to fail the mission'.

I'm not asking my stuff back, but i'd like this to be looked at. Thank you!

um....... the caches dont show up on loot radar an easily can be found by ear
they are also surrounded by a group of pumpkin containers

you were doing it solo while looking for caches which isnt advised as need atleast 1 person killing an another person looking for the cache. this is so dont fail the mission

The lantern break an having a time limit is part of whats keeping players from doing the time objective for each tier of event an then looking all over the map to find the caches.
its too kind an not much of a challenge, therfore once lantern breaks you are given a time limit after you let it die after your able to leave the mission

8 minutes ago, Katinka said:

The only time the mission failed for me the instant the lantern broke was when I hadn't reached the required time yet.  Any time it broke after that time I was given about 3 minutes to reach extraction.

In the first mission, the timer didn't show up, and the mission time was 10 minutes 14 seconds, i completed the lantern about 5:00 and it broke around that time. Don't know why i could linger more in the mission. The second attempt went so to say smoother, increased the loot radar range and i had better RNG on the cache locations. Also i noticed that time the 3 minute extraction time limit. My thought was the Anti-AFK system kicked in, as far as i know, if you didn't kill in the past 5 minutes, the mission will fail, regardless of completion state.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

they are also surrounded by a group of pumpkin containers

They do, and i know what to look for, i did all the Halloween events in the past. I intend to play everything solo first, to measure how rusty i become.

I agree, that i acted in haste and made this post, without further testing. Only my first mission was strange, and i also agree i became frustrated, that i explored the whole map and the caches were not found, only then be greeted by the Mission Failure screen.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

They showed up on radar for me. The pumpkin containers don't appear to leave a blip on the minimap, but I distinctly remember seeing an icon for each cache that I found.