Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames that need just few small changes to be great

TronionX

In other words, frames that are almost perfect but there are a few things about them that are either extremely annoying or just bad that prevent them from being considered great

Since i play Oberon almost exclusively i'm gonna talk about his 1 and 3

For his 1, just make the orb AI better so that if the enemy is knocked down, they won't just circle above him until he gets up

For his 3, first, make it follow Oberon instead of staying where you cast it as an invisible AOE effect, second, remove drain per ally targets, it doesn't do anything else other than just delete all your energy if you happen to be unfortunate enough to have a Nekros in your squad use his 4

As a side note that's not related to gameplay, PLEASE redesign his prime skin

I have a few ideas about changing his 2 but those aren't really a few small changes and since that doesn't fit in the thread i won't be writing them here

As i said i almost only play Oberon so i can't really talk about other frames, but that's what this discussion is for

3 minutes ago, TronionX said:

In other words, frames that are almost perfect but there are a few things about them that are either extremely annoying or just bad that prevent them from being considered great

Since i play Oberon almost exclusively i'm gonna talk about his 1 and 3

For his 1, just make the orb AI better so that if the enemy is knocked down, they won't just circle above him until he gets up

For his 3, first, make it follow Oberon instead of staying where you cast it as an invisible AOE effect, second, remove drain per ally targets, it doesn't do anything else other than just delete all your energy if you happen to be unfortunate enough to have a Nekros in your squad use his 4

As a side note that's not related to gameplay, PLEASE redesign his prime skin

I have a few ideas about changing his 2 but those aren't really a few small changes and since that doesn't fit in the thread i won't be writing them here

As i said i almost only play Oberon so i can't really talk about other frames, but that's what this discussion is for

I like the ability ideas but prime redesign, like why? It may not be the best but there are lots of other skins that are good(yeah mostly tennogen) but if redisings were to be done which I doubt ever would it would be on older frames default skins.

As for other frames that need chages Id say trinity, making her 1 not be capped(I read it was capped somewhere to like 200-300 healing) her 3 could use a buff to rediracte more damage to linked enemies, her 4 can use a chance for status immunity but thats not really needed, her passive can give insta revives lets say 1 per ally including pets and setinels(works like one of vazarins node)+the passive she has now or teammates get an auto revive when about ot be downed(including or exclusing her) and get 50% of their health back works once per team ember and doesnt work on pets/sentinels

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lazarow said:

I like the ability ideas but prime redesign, like why? It may not be the best but there are lots of other skins that are good(yeah mostly tennogen) but if redisings were to be done which I doubt ever would it would be on older frames default skins.

I personally think it's the only warframe prime skin that looks worse than the default one and i almost never see anyone use it, but as i said it's just a side note and i too doubt a redesign will ever happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TronionX said:

I personally think it's the only warframe prime skin that looks worse than the default one and i almost never see anyone use it, but as i said it's just a side note and i too doubt a redesign will ever happen.

Oberon Prime is one of my favorite looking frames in the game. :X

I would appreciate the ability changes you proposed, though. The homing orbs are kinda terrible at actually reaching a target. I don't normally mind the drain/s for each ally being healed, but it's extremely annoying when you get teamed up with a nekros. It they just made it so your heal doesn't affect nekro's minions, that would probably be fine.

That said, I would appreciate it if the heal would be more reliable with pets and sentinels. Oberon's healing is far more modest than a lot of other options out there, so it being consistent on ALL allied entities (except nekro's army) would feel fair.

7 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Oberon Prime is one of my favorite looking frames in the game. :X

To each their own :p

7 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

I would appreciate the ability changes you proposed, though. The homing orbs are kinda terrible at actually reaching a target. I don't normally mind the drain/s for each ally being healed, but it's extremely annoying when you get teamed up with a nekros. It they just made it so your heal doesn't affect nekro's minions, that would probably be fine.

That said, I would appreciate it if the heal would be more reliable with pets and sentinels. Oberon's healing is far more modest than a lot of other options out there, so it being consistent on ALL allied entities (except nekro's army) would feel fair.

Exactly, the drain per target doesn't do anything in most cases, but when it does, it drains your energy ridiculously fast, and yeah more reliable heals would be nice, and now that i think about it a little more, his passive could also be changed but i'm not sure how :l

As for Oberon, I was not a big fan of his rework at launch (nor his primes' visual design). But having used him extensively, with the further changes they applied. I can say he is in a stronger place. The key problem I see him still having is a tedious energy economy, the constant drain from his 3, along with additional hefty cost that come with having to combo his abilities to gain the max performance from them, ex armor strip 2-4 combo. I could see him benefiting greatly from some innate efficiency in his kit, standing on his hallowed ground could grant some cost reduction to his abilities and help maintain his 3. Similar Ash's 2 interaction with his 4 could see a tweak its numbers to make it more efficient, as well as having his shuriken mark targets if his 4 is active improving upon the feel of his game play.