Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Consider Changing / Re-Working Prime Gold Colors

Bitfly

Imho, the current gold trim color on prime weapons doesn't match well with pretty much any color combo

I've ever used. Also, looking at prime items alone the gold trim seems pretty dull, resulting in a bad look.

Please consider re-working the gold trim on prime items to make it less dull (polish it maybe?),

OR entirely change it so that people can choose their own metallic surface/color for prime items.

Everyone feel free to drop in your own opinion on this matter below, thank you.

Edited by Bitfly

I've seen both Mag and Frost Primes that have been colored in such a way that the Gold trim emphasized certain colors on the Warframe, giving them an interesting and unique look. I have yet to see a Prime where the color combination clashes with other parts of the suit, or fails to mix with color combinations in any way. 

There seems to be different types of gold. I noticed this when I put the Reaper Prime on Frost Prime. Frosty's hoops stay a sort of butter-yellow all the time, and the Reaper turns a lighter, silver-tinged colour that has butter-yellow highlights when near light sources. 

So it's entirely possible that what you see is different, if other people are only looking at frames, or only looking at weapons.

There seems to be different types of gold. I noticed this when I put the Reaper Prime on Frost Prime. Frosty's hoops stay a sort of butter-yellow all the time, and the Reaper turns a lighter, silver-tinged colour that has butter-yellow highlights when near light sources. 

So it's entirely possible that what you see is different, if other people are only looking at frames, or only looking at weapons.

Yea I've noticed this comparing Frost Prime to anything really. Prime gold trim seems to be very inconsistent on different items

I would be happier if all primes came with non-gold trim skins by default, a bonus for taking the time to grab their unique designs.

Without the gold trim, what would separate them from a normal Warframe visual wise? They'd be pretty much the same either way.

Nothing is stopping any of you from using the regular warframe.

Let the Primes have their gold. DE would have to rework everything concerning the void and primes in order to accomodate your opinions.

^ Pretty much what he said.

I would like to see prime weapons/frames having the option to use deferent metals other then gold, for example, silver, steel, bronze, or copper.  I think that would allow the prime weapons to still have their prime feel, but be more customizable, as well as a little more unique and special.

I agree with bitfly, there are some primes that are hard to find a good color combo for them, the gold just doesn't fit; it looks out of place.

wait. wait. 

what.

you want Prime Gold Trim to be MORE shiny?

please don't turn our game into this.

wallpapers_11313.jpg

anyways, i could go for different kinds of shiny. Gold is cool and all, but it's not really my thing. i still like it, but it's not my thing.

Edited by taiiat