Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich: isn't it kinda counter-productive when getting enough murmurs just to reveal a weakness that you already knew through lucky trial?

NeutuoS

Say, you meet your Lich and get lucky to reveal one of his weakness, A for example.
You proceed to collect murmurs to reveal other weaknesses, but after collecting enough murmurs, it reveals A again.
What a letdown.

I think collecting enough murmurs should only reveal an unknown weakness.

• Like 1

After 5 missions I am about 40% of the way to revealing a requiem. But I got 2/3 confirmed slotted correctly by random chance when I encountered him on the third mission. 

But I still have zero 'Known Requiems'.... Umm, DE, you've already told me I have 2/3 correct!!!

And know I have a 67% chance that in about a dozen more missions (that I'm only grinding to find out a requiem) it will tell me a requiem I already know...

mjLfWgs.png

• Like 1

And the second one revealed was already known... At this rate I will kill him by accidentally slotting the correct final rune before the mumurs ever tell me anything I don't already know....

This is just crappy design... And obviously had no organic playtesting...

I discovered 2 Requiem Mods, in the same order, on a new lich on our first confrontation.

I was beyond excited, and thought when I unlocked my new mumur- It'd be the last, final missing link! However it was just one of the 2 I'd already discovered. I feel like I was punished for my luck. If possible could this be changed in the future?

In general I find the murmur system the only weak part about this whole thing.

Personally I feel like the murmur "rate" should be cut in half, it takes way too long, so long that people have just started brute forcing the "code" which IMO feels like a bad sign.
It should not be more time efficient to just basically start going through each combo randomly and see if you get lucky than it should be to properly kill the thralls.

And yeah, if I magically stumble onto one of the codes the next murmur I get shouldn't be the one I just found out.

I don't mind grind but this systems has just that biiiit too much for my taste and I feel like the murmurs are when it stops being fun. I thought I'd kill 5-10 thralls and have a part of the code but its more like 30 and thats a lot. Grind is one thing but the rate the murmurs bar fills feels just abysmally slow.

On 2019-11-02 at 7:10 PM, OnceADrog said:

And the second one revealed was already known... At this rate I will kill him by accidentally slotting the correct final rune before the mumurs ever tell me anything I don't already know....

This is my biggest issue with the whole thing, outside the obvious bugs. I could understand the multi-tiered grind if these played off each other, but nothing interacts with anything at all.

Well, that and the fact that the only way to really "ignore" a lich when you know you can't kill him yet and there's also no information to be gained by attempting a new combination is to deliberately suicide to it. At least let the lich leave and taunt us/level up on the way out if we just knock it down and do nothing for too long.