Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us raid/plunder our lich

DrakeWurrum

So the most noticeable thing about our kuva lich is, obviously... that they will steal our loot right back from us - they call it a tax, but they're looting our loot! Credits. Resources. Mods. Relics. Void Traces. (Yes, even Kuva Relics, which can get frustrating over time)
Yes, even on Fissures. I have yet to see them steal Ayatan Sculptures, or items coming from relics, but... let's just hope it's not possible.

Eventually, we get it all back... by killing the lich. Which is a very long and grindy process and forces us to fight some high level content. So I would like to propose a faster option to recovering our loot which fits in with the vein of how the Tenno operate.

Let us raid the Lich's own resource depots. Successfully doing so will earn us back all the loot they have stolen from us up to the point.

Naturally, there should be some level of difficulty, or a method to unlock it or find it or whatever... but nothing too involved, else it would defeat the entire POINT of such a mission.

Easier to just blacklist several items that can never be stolen, arguably something that should have been there from the start but eh

• Relics & Relic Rewards
  • Traces 
  • Rivens
  • Rare drop chance mods
  • Ephemera

Or maybe more prudent to cover their butts and make a white list as to avoid mini volcanos in the future by adding a more comprehensive list of what it is allowed to steal. Thus avoiding new content going down the lich hole and needing to franticly hotfix said new content into the blacklist under threat of torch and fork. 

Edited by Oreades

Someone mentioned survival on a Lich's territory as a way of slowly getting back stolen stuff. You know, get your operative buds to steal stuff back while the Lich has their eyes on you. FYI I'd say the easiest way to avoid getting your sortie riven stolen is to clear the lich's territory on that node before you run the final sortie mission.

Edited by BansheePrime

I'd question all, since it largely beats one of the big parts of the lich, but looting looted loot would be a great option for a mission type. I'd very much like more lich-focused missions that aren't designed around the thralls, but rather the Lich themselves. Other thoughts include a raid on an old Orokin Vault with the Lich nipping at your heels where you can find a targeted Requiem mod, once per lich.

Bonus points if the reclamation mission involves a room full of stolen resources in a good old fashioned Pile 'o Loot.

Spoiler

Image result for loot pile

If they go ahead and actually make the Lich show up in other missions instead of just on their turf (FATHOM ME AND FIND ME YOURSELF, YOU COWARD) I feel like a smaller chunk of rewards could be a nice reward depending on how many parazon bits you get.

I don't know about giving everything back when you steal from the lich, it kind of bypasses the whole mechanic of them stealing stuff.

Maybe just have a collection of the rare things they've stolen and let you take back one or two each run of whatever this heist mission is (could justify it as the lich's security locking down the other items and alerting the lich).

Also, I'm not super familiar with lich mechanics but do different level liches steal things in the same way? Maybe only higher level liches should steal rare items and mods so as it becomes more powerful you have increased motivation to kill it