The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus wisp farming

(NSW)x_hErCuLeZ_o

Question

10 answers to this question

5 hours ago, (NSW)x_hErCuLeZ_o said:

What is the best and most effective way to farm cetus wisps?

I will help you understand "how" with text:

Rule of thumb:

1. Farm Cetus wisps at night

2. They only spawn at the edge of lakes and ponds

3. They show on minimap as lootable items (white square)

4. Cetus wisps spawn in the moment you go into the plain, they might respawn at other location but at a slower rate than rebooting the instance.

Setup that would help you farm faster (importance by order):

1. Warframe mods that +loot radar (thief wit, loot detector aura)

2. Archwing (prefer itzal with range and efficiency) remove +HP and +shield related mods for more starting energy

3. Mods that +slide -friction

4. Sentinel/pet with +loot radar (animal instinct) (not functional in archwing mod though)

5. Smeeta kavat with charm, but chance is too low which could be ignored imo

6. Warframe that has high mobility (least important, you could use any frame you like tbh)

ps. some people prefer using khora because her cat gives an extra animal instinct, but the effect lost when you go into archwing mode.

How to farm

1. Learn where the wisp spawn points are, they spawn randomly in assigned locations: (credit to the creator written at the bottom right corner of the map)

- the purple icons are the possible location of where the wisps would spawn ( remark: there are some missing ones in this map but most of them are here )

0C4B9D3685A349095D90573A9A57DD472856C22D

2. Fly across a path for best efficiency. Here is my path. I always go to the right side first, also on the left side you could skip the middle 3 small ponds and go directly to the bottom large one.

b0g9dFm.jpg

3. Distinguish between a random loot or a wisp on the minimap:

- the wisps must be on the boundary of the water, if you see any loot not at the boundary, it's not a wisp.

Well that's all I could tell, hope this helps

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Costanzafaust said:

Only other thing I would add is that with a resource booster, you get double wisps, and the rest of the advice here is solid.

I personally wouldn't recommend buying booster just for wisp. If done right, we could farm the amount of wisp for one amp just within 30mins without booster.

It's fine if you bought booster for many other farms too, making wisp one of them. Having said that people who farm regularly should already have a 30d booster on.

19 hours ago, (NSW)doc5504 said:

yea dont know seems solid ,but need 10 wisps /cry

On a good night run, you can easily get 4-5 wisps or more once you have the method down. That should not take you long at all, certainly not more than a few hours.  Lots of helpful advice here. I use the same route as Zilchy's video, and you can see that in less than 5 minutes, they got 3 wisps just going up the left side, then 3 more going along the reservoir and lake (and of course getting double drops with booster.)  

Study that map to figure out the common spawn points. The loot radar is a must, you will waste your time without it.  Some of those things are practically invisible unless you are right on top of them. Even in that linked video I couldn't spot a couple of them. Once I saw Zilchy use Itzal's #3 ability to pull the wisp in, which is what I do when there's something on the loot radar but I just can't find it.

Edit: One more tip, if you have a synthesis scanner, you can use that to zoom in to check a target. Crates and other junk will glow in the scanner, but not wisps.

Edited by Costanzafaust