Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prepared for Railjack!

Reyj

On 2019-11-09 at 11:10 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Don't bother getting hyped, you'll only get dispointed

Hype only fuels DE to delay Railjack and we don't need hype around here, we need actual content  

Wouldn't the lack of hype also discourage them from hurrying up?

2 hours ago, SnowWarFr said:

Wouldn't the lack of hype also discourage them from hurrying up?

That depends on the perspective I guess, with my experience it does't no, infact in makes them "hurry-up" alot quicker, as no Hype, no excitement or really any prepping for the update itself, thus only making the update worse, when it does come out, Las-visa as this update did. Lich System was half-broken and meny of it's stuff where not even in at day-1. (Sure only a few weeks apart, but days at the minim is acceptable lately). Also no, hype means, players start to burn out, real quick and most have IIRC and with what I seen in the Drop Numbers. No players actively playing mean, the less and less Warframe is played (Besides by the die-hard knights and people who have more money then time or the other way around).

But on the OTHER hand, it CAN discourage someone, as someone is no longer excited for something you are trying to bring out, why bother trying to do something, if they are not gonna be excited or happy about it, at the end?, that type of thing, sure I can understand, but in the end of the day, you need to realize, whos fault that is.  Yes they will be people who are just your natural unhappy folk or trolls, but when say, Feedback from the Lich says anything and Melee 3.0, then well, there's your pie.

But yes, it's all down to the person's perspective, for myself: It's the fact you need to try harder, no pain, no gain. But for others, it will be diffident.

On 2019-11-10 at 1:10 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Don't bother getting hyped, you'll only get dispointed

Hype only fuels DE to delay Railjack and we don't need hype around here, we need actual content  

Just let people be excited for stuff, man, c'mon. DE work their asses off to bring frequent big updates to the game when it is entirely F2P, Warframe is full to bursting with content in every direction. Encouraging crunch so you can experience updates faster just means that they feel pressured to push employees harder and put out content before it's fully ready, neither of which are good things. It's not like they sit around laughing with one another like "hehehe oh I love making our fans wait because I hate them".

5 hours ago, yankeedoodledingo said:

-sniped-

I whuold, my friend, but I want you to take a good read of this quote here

On 2019-11-16 at 10:35 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Indeed and this "Soon" BS is a meme at this point to them, something they can toss around like a joke, in a nomral type of game, like your nomral AAA or other types, that won't ever slide and it shouldn't here, but what can you do?.

It's not this year, I can be sure of it, if it is, then well, button me up, but given how much they made their Bed with this Old Blood/Melee 3.0 and the Deaths of Vauban and Ember, along with, quite frankly a silly conspet Warframe design, I lost alot of hope for Railjack.  

And look where it got them

hace 2 minutos, Circle_of_Psi dijo:

-Quote-

To be fair, DE does release good stuff and on time most of the time. This is the first update since I began playing that I actually disliked. I'm actually quite good at predicting release dates (and their content), and I missed the Old Blood by a few days just because of the delay, but it was supposed to ship the exact day I predicted. That already raised a few alarms, because while I was expecting Grendel, mleee and the reworks, the Lich system I wasn't expecting. It's fairly obvious they rushed it to keep us entertained until Empyrean, but most of their devstream showed that the Lich system was supposed to be an Empyrean thing, fully integrated, not this standalone pocket universe mess we've got.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

To be fair, DE does release good stuff and on time most of the time. This is the first update since I began playing that I actually disliked. I'm actually quite good at predicting release dates (and their content), and I missed the Old Blood by a few days just because of the delay, but it was supposed to ship the exact day I predicted. That already raised a few alarms, because while I was expecting Grendel, mleee and the reworks, the Lich system I wasn't expecting. It's fairly obvious they rushed it to keep us entertained until Empyrean, but most of their devstream showed that the Lich system was supposed to be an Empyrean thing, fully integrated, not this standalone pocket universe mess we've got.

Ture, I guess we can give them that, but we'll be more then lucky, to even get anything before 2020, but if you are good at such, I have to ask, what you think Drydock & Phase 2 is comein out?

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I whuold, my friend, but I want you to take a good read of this quote here

I mean, they know their limits and they communicate clearly and try to avoid making promises when it comes to deadlines because they know they have trouble sticking to them. I prefer that, and I'm glad they're flexible about those dates because I worry about game devs overworking themselves just to pump enough content out to keep people entertained in-between big updates. I don't really see the harm in this kind of joking when they're basically just teasing themselves lightly. Warframe is incredibly unusual in that it's a massive f2p game with frequent, big updates that is hugely successful without leaning so hard into microtransactions you feel you have to fork out to stay relevant. I can't imagine the stress of trying to be constantly creatively engaged and putting out more and more content to keep the game relevant and alive while keeping up that communication with the playerbase when their company is the size that it is. Gotta remember the people behind the scenes can only work so fast and their wellbeing comes first.

Also Warframe is a passion project for them, it's the game they tried to make for years and finally managed to when they only had one last chance to before going bankrupt. They love the game and the community to bits, they aren't deliberately slacking off or trying to torment their players. DE is the only company I've ever seen being this engaged with their players, this open about their game's development, and this respectful of the community when it comes to the real world currency (and tennogen etc.). We could stand to be a little more patient and encouraging 😛

As a small business owner myself, I can relate to the notion that you catch more flies with honey. That being said, customers are within their rights to expect a particular lack of quality and deadlines. 

Don't forget we are customers and they are selling a product, to those that aren't just free to play anyway. When I buy a prime access that I didn't have to, because I feel the game is worth it, part of that contract is trusting that they're going to keep people engaged, to handle the marketing and keeping other customers happy so that I have folks to enjoy the experience with. This year, for the first time, I feel like that contract has been broken. I have zero friends on my list that are still actively playing and if it keeps up, there will be -1 M3tallius as well. 

Without folks like me that regularly send 100 bucks a month their way, I really don't see how they could keep the lights on. 

Warframe simply does not work as a standalone solo game. The mechanics can only carry a game so far. We need content and people to keep coming back for. My entire house is decorated in warframe and Warhammer iconography. My car even has graphics of my main on it. [I run a sign company]. 

If someone like me even starting to think "What the fuq DE?", there is a major, major problem.

Edited by M3tallius

• 3 weeks later...