Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss does what I always wanted Volt,Rhino, and Zephyr to do....can they as well please?

Nkomo-Sama

It's in the title. His 1 does the one thing that those frames respective powers should have been doing. Everytime I use Gauss my other frames cringe and talk a little trash . Volts' speed is really sad right now we could give him some sort of a horizontal or arcing electrical animation to his speed and of course speed him back up hes hurting right now. Let that man electric slide his way back into our good grace's. Literally that's an awesome concept..slide on electricity or something.. Gauss running one plus four is a solid open hand to Volts cheeks. Zephyrs' tail wind dash has never hit one person for as long as I can remember. If it did they laughed about it quietly to themselves and never made a big deal about it. One run of Gauss and instantly I knew what it was supposed to have felt like....I did it in the air and Zephyr got up spat on the ground and flipped a table. Rhino nodded in approval but noticed the collision system and wondered would his rhino charge ever be revisited in the light of this new technology although hes pretty solid right now... would Gauss benefit from his one retaining it's current properties but including some sort of an air pressure related animation to his MACH SPEED? Idk man I've been away for awhile and I'm so impressed I have some ideas....

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Volt speed is ok the way it is as it's a tier 2 skill that buffs movement speed AND melee/reload. It does not need to compare with gauss mach rush as it is a completely different thing since it's a BUFF, not an attack.

Try running a volt with max strength and see if you can move properly in any tile that has a non linear geometry (free hint, you won't). The tendency of some players to want photocopied frames baffles me......

Gauss can rush at mach speed and create shock-waves when slamming into something ---> EVERY FRAME WITH A MOVEMENT ATTACK SHOULD DO THE SAME. Nuts

Edited by Olphalarepth

Speed is faster than Mach Rush, everywhere except in Landscapes.

though i'm almost entirely unable to determine if we're talking about Cosmetics or functionality. lack of Line Breaks and one runon sentence 2 Paragraphs long, and all.

Edited by taiiat

Good point. Wrong target. I was suggesting that the functionality of Gauss one does what everyone else with a similar power should have been doing. Volts speed....Zephyrs inability to cause or register harm on the tail wind dash...these things are brought to the front of my mind everytime I run Gauss. I propose that the properties of that move should have been with the other powers long before or as soon as they observed it could have been done better. I don't think Volts speed should have a slam attack but if I run Gauss doing one and four then yes...I'm playing Volt 3.0. Why VOLT never had a BATTERY? IDK man that's another topic I guess

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Speed is faster than Mach Rush, everywhere except in Landscapes.

though i'm almost entirely unable to determine if we're talking about Cosmetics or functionality. lack of Line Breaks and one runon sentence 2 Paragraphs long, and all.

Where and when?

14 minutes ago, Nkomo-Sama said:

I finished college awhile ago no more need to write cohesively. When I intend to write a book I will focus on grammar. Forum grades dont bother me too much. I'm talking about the how Gauss when using 1 +4 is a sweet rhino, zephyr, volt blend and how it would be nice if volt rhino and zephyr could at least do themselves as good as Gauss does them.

Lore wise:

Gauss stores and discharges kinetic energy on impact while Volt simply moves fast. It's like comparing Usain Bolt to Bruce Lee, they're both fast but in completely different fields despite both being at the pinnacle of human abilities.

Gameplay wise:

Gauss RAMS into an object at high speed.

Volt speeds whatever he does, running being of the them

Rhino charges enemies and can do it non stop changing direction between one group and another way faster than Gauss and can also get armor from this. You want to add a shock-wave too?

Zephyr plains sucks...There, I said it. She has an excellent tier 3 skill but that's it. She sucks

EDIT

Volt has an augment that allows him to have an electric field around him that shocks and damage enemies and I use it on my "speed force" build (very orginal name I know)

Edited by Olphalarepth

13 minutes ago, Nkomo-Sama said:

I finished college awhile ago no more need to write cohesively. When I intend to write a book I will focus on grammar.

well i didn't understand what your 'rewrite' of your subject was so okay i got it, i just won't read what you write, i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

All of this has been helpful in understanding the changes as of late. Sorry for my  convoluted op. I was just saying Gauss showed me what I expected to have seen from other frames. I see more similarity than difference when considering their powers and saw a missed opportunity to enhance them all by taking what was done correctly and applying it where possible.