Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Hydroid Change

Ichsuisme

I've been feeling motivated by the awesome upcoming deluxe skin for hydroid, so I've been messing around with him! There's a missed quality of life feature concerning his tidal wave and undertow abilities. While in undertow, his tidal wave should cost less. Similar mobility skills for other frames already have that feature, two come to mind:

When Zephyr is in the air, her 1, Tail wind, costs 50% less.

When Revenant is using his Danse Macabre, his reave skill costs less.

It can be really energy-intensive to move around with his tidal wave, especially since the distance is halved while in undertow and movement speed is basically a snail's pace. Updating him to benefit from this mobility feature will help him in missions and it could make his tidal impurity augment more appealing. I have other hydroid-related feedback but this is a simple place to start.

• Like 2

I'd be fine with that. The augment should be included in that ability too though. 

I think a bigger change that would be nice though is being able to damage all enemies held by Tentacle Swarm by attacking the kraken head (also based on precedent set by Zephyr with her 4th ability). Simpler ability to damage them without aiming at flailing tentacles. 

I could definitely elaborate on changes to that, but i'm keeping it simple.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I think a bigger change that would be nice though is being able to damage all enemies held by Tentacle Swarm by attacking the kraken head

That'd be cool. Killing things while they flail around is pretty annoying. After missing the fifth shot I'm usually regretting ever using the ability lol. Another precedent for that idea could be khora's strangledome copying damage from her 1, those enemies flail around as much as they do with tentacle swarm. I like that idea.

Have you tried the curative undertow augment? I always expected a lot more from it. It doesn't heal you and it's hard to tell when allies are being affected by it. I thought there'd be a UI notification like how you can see who has the renewal buffs while playing as Oberon. It doesn't help that the camera angle makes it hard to see if they're on the edge inside or just outside  -- and if they're outside the range of the puddle, the slow movement speed of undertow makes it take too long to actually get to them. 

9 hours ago, Ichsuisme said:

Have you tried the curative undertow augment?

I actually used it for a long time. It does heal you but not as much per second as allies, and it heals allies while they're standing in your puddle but there's no visual that I've ever noticed. Although I usually keep Hydroid's energy color dark blue so I might just be missing it.

It heals in chunks of max health over time, so after a few seconds it will heal your allies to max, and it takes you a little longer. But it is affected by ability strength, so increasing it makes it heal more but if you have below 100% ability strength then I think it actual heals slower than default (I haven't tested this to confirm).

Overall, I actually loved the augment. I only got rid of it recently in favor of Magus Repair since it doesn't take a Warframe slot and I can use it on all frames. (Spoiler: Don't look up what that is if you haven't beaten The War Within yet.)

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-
Update

9 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

It does heal you but not as much per second as allies.

Ah you're right. I thought I tested it before and didn't see the effect but I tried it again and it does work. I was wrong. I still don't think I'll use it, I use Vazarin to heal people. 

Hi, and my apologies beforehand for hijacking your thread.

But another Quality of life change for hydroid would be to have his Passive have a 100% chance of spawning tentacles which could be increased from 3 to 5. A 50% chance with only 3 tentacles takes nearly for ever to get them to come out. I have been messing around with him and have been thinking, that such a change shouldn't hurt the core of Hydroid unless a complete Rework/Rebalancing of his abilities is done.

For the time being, his tentacles are super strong and provide a really good chunk of CC, it would be great to be able to use those while parkouring the hell out of a map and not be stuck to one specific spot which would be covered by his 4th Ability.

Tbh, this would give him a little bit of non-ability focused CC which could really be useful and help him with the much needed mobility for hydroid.

Sincerely,

.Unforgotten.#9969

Edited by .Unforgotten.

16 hours ago, .Unforgotten. said:

100% chance of spawning tentacles which could be increased from 3 to 5. A 50% chance with only 3 tentacles takes nearly for ever to get them to come out.

I don't disagree. I would welcome more consistency. I don't have issues getting them to spawn but that doesn't mean RNG doesn't make it difficult for others. The 15 second duration is more of a problem for me than the cap at 3 though.

My ideal passive would be: 100% chance to spawn a tentacle on a slam, be able to have three at a time, and have them last 20 seconds. 

On 2019-11-13 at 8:20 PM, Wolfdoggie said:

I want more control over Tidal Surge like Revenant has with his skill.

Steering and pressing it again to stop.

I love that idea!

On 2019-11-15 at 2:30 AM, .Unforgotten. said:

For the time being, his tentacles are super strong and provide a really good chunk of CC, it would be great to be able to use those while parkouring the hell out of a map and not be stuck to one specific spot which would be covered by his 4th Ability.

I suggest a tentacle monster transformation to replace his 4. 

• Like 1