Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime Is Super Weak, Buff It De

cary2010haha

numbers are nothing, it sucks, Accurate isn't 5 as the number tells, just like the new stinger, iT never hit an enemies over 10M in full auto, so even it do 9999999DPS STILL a RUBBISH

but Boar is also relatively inaccurate. it's always been a close range shotgun. a very close range shotgun. the pellet spread means that medium range makes it unviable. 

but that's okay, since it's burst DPS was always higher than the othershoguns. great for taking down one big enemy, or a smaller group of trash mobs. 

Boar Prime overall does more damage than Boar does. while it is a bit peciular that Boar recieved a buff, but Boar Prime does not share said characteristics, i adore the fact that Boar Prime is trading off some per shot firepower for a minor ROF buff, and massive Crit improvements. 

it totally changes how the weapon functions, while also being a minor overall upgrade.

Boar Prime as forementioned, is one of the best balanced weapons in the game. it's improving on another version, but it's totally within bounds on all accounts, despite being an upgrade.

this is simply the best form Prime equipment can be. balancing equipment in such a way is how we should be doing things, then we wouldn't need equipment Tiers. everything could be contained inside one 'Tier', and everyone could choose their favorite equipment and use it, just like how universal Warframes are(well, almost all of them), and players can mold them into what they want them to be, and use said frame in any situation effectively.

Warframe simply can't get better than that, where players can honest to god choose anything they want, and have it be viable at any point in the game. players will appreciate being able to use their favorite equipment anywhere they'd like.

numbers are nothing, it sucks, Accurate isn't 5 as the number tells, just like the new stinger, iT never hit an enemies over 10M in full auto, so even it do 9999999DPS STILL a RUBBISH

If you are using it wrong, dont blame the weapon, blame your game style.

I brought it to Tier 3 keys and it only takes 1-3 shots to tkae down heavies.

Learn how to use the gun, thats what the mastery is there for, so people use different weapons and actually become master at using different styles.

You my friend have failed, especially with this thread.

If you are using it wrong, dont blame the weapon, blame your game style.

I brought it to Tier 3 keys and it only takes 1-3 shots to tkae down heavies.

Learn how to use the gun, thats what the mastery is there for, so people use different weapons and actually become master at using different styles.

You my friend have failed, especially with this thread.

thats because you just into a range that even melee can do better, try it on the Conclaves and you will know which weapon is better, even hek can own BOAR prime.

Extreme situations(Ex:Conclaves) always show you the weapon's true value

thats because you just into a range that even melee can do better, try it on the Conclaves and you will know which weapon is better, even hek can own BOAR prime.

Extreme situations(Ex:Conclaves) always show you the weapon's true value

"PvP show how good is a weapon"

See thats why we need to remove conclave/pvp.

"PvP show how good is a weapon"

See thats why we need to remove conclave/pvp.

my sntence is"Extreme situations always show you the weapon's true value"

Conclaves just one of those "Extreme situations", wave 50 T3 defecne , Boar Prime can use?

i can use braton against  wave 50 corpus defecne easily(lvl 288), but Boar Prime? rank 2 but weaker than rank 1 braton

Conclaves just one of those "Extreme situations", wave 50 T3 defecne , Boar Prime can use?

i can use braton against  wave 50 corpus defecne easily(lvl 288), but Boar Prime? rank 2 but weaker than rank 1 braton

You're probably better off using a shotgun against lvl 288 enemies due to the better AP mods.

Tryhards metality thats why also stop the crap of conclave.

conclave isn't crap, and i just use it as an example of "extreme situations", if conclave really crap it won;t be here.

and it's here thats mean it have its value, also a wave 50 T3 defence prove Boar weak enough.

Edited by Cary2010haha

conclave isn't crap, and i just use it as an example of "extreme situations", if conclave really crap it won;t be here.

and it's here thats mean it have its value, also a wave 50 T3 defence prove Boar weak enough.

I dont know why you open a thread if even after showing you Boar Prime has better burst DPS than Wraith and has a very close DPS to it, you still continue with this bs.

Conclave is no way to compare any gun, as some have posted around, some guns have different stats inside conclave, and there is a different team working on conclaves to try and balance it more without f*cking up PVE.

Lets do this, come with me on a 1 vs 1 and watch me kick your little puny fragile a$$ with my Boar Prime.

As I said before, I bring it to T3 and Heavies dont take more than 3 shots to bring down. If you dont know how to use the wapon, then dont complain.

Its a close quarter weapon, probably you are a Nova that spams 4 and then you are using it from way far away from the targets, and then cry over dying at close quarters :)

Learn how to play, then you can post a topic.

/thread

How is it still rubbish? Without factoring mods in if 2 Pellets fell off, it would do 54 damage, 54 X 2 is 108 damage, thats not's bad at all.

I dont know why you open a thread if even after showing you Boar Prime has better burst DPS than Wraith and has a very close DPS to it, you still continue with this bs.

Conclave is no way to compare any gun, as some have posted around, some guns have different stats inside conclave, and there is a different team working on conclaves to try and balance it more without f*cking up PVE.

Lets do this, come with me on a 1 vs 1 and watch me kick your little puny fragile a$$ with my Boar Prime.

As I said before, I bring it to T3 and Heavies dont take more than 3 shots to bring down. If you dont know how to use the wapon, then dont complain.

Its a close quarter weapon, probably you are a Nova that spams 4 and then you are using it from way far away from the targets, and then cry over dying at close quarters :)

Learn how to play, then you can post a topic.

/thread

So do you use it on a T3 wave 50 defence? running out to that close range? sending yourself to die?

joke cqb weapon even RANK0 Bronco Prime do better at all range than this Rank 2 rubbish BOAR P

Yeah the boar prime is pretty bad... It has terrible accuracy, kicks like a mule. Damage is terrible. reload isn't that great, smallish clip size for it's fire rate, eats through ammo super quickly. To make it viable you need at least both of the crit mods, ammo mutator, and ammo stock. Thats 4 mods just to make it bearable to use. 

definitely should beef up the damage and make the reload faster/bigger clip size.

Boar Prime is not "weak". If you want to stress test something for "extreme situations", kill a boss and measure the time.

Playing Conclave is not a good way to experiment when you are playing with different players with different loadouts every time, Conclave also factors in skill levels. Boar Prime is not a suitable weapon beyond close range because it is designed as a shotgun, but it delivers high damage just fine at its designated range, this is a shotgun drawback - not a Boar Prime flaw. Rambling about its popularity, thinking it directly correlates with its effectiveness when it isn't as readily available as other weapons just makes you sound stupid. Are you trying to sound stupid with logical fallacies? Can you confidently re-read what you wrote and honestly tell yourself a professional game developer will give you any thought?

Boar Prime's damage per clip is excellent, and its rate of fire is superior. You can prove it with videos, damage charts, high-armor notwithstanding. The Boar Prime's true weakness is a lack of increased ammo capacity proportionate to its fire rate, its extremely long reload period makes it cumbersome for use in close-range sustained gunfights where you risk being staggered. As a result, the Boar Prime's best use is for meeting closely with heavy units and killing them quickly. A suitable sidearm or ammo conversion mod is necessary to quickly dispatch low level enemies without wasting shots and worrying about starving ammo.

PvP is not an extreme situation. PvP in every shooter is 100% based on who happens to load player movements first, or other miniscule things. also exploiting netcode, but that's not as big a thing in Warframe, though still a thing.

you don't see Acrid on every planet, in every mission. even though it's arguably the best weapon in the game.

reason being? not everyone can get it. some people don't even use Clans. people can't use what they don't have. 

you have no real information about Boar Prime, because you're comparing it in a part of the game that is officially stated to not be any significant part of.

use some Crit mods, and burst fire to avoid spending too many shells, to save ammunition.

Edited by taiiat

Eehhhmm the Latron Prime does NOT suck. I bring it with me all of the time in high level missions. If you KNOW HOW TO AIM you will WRECK the opposition. I can one/two shot level 91s consistently. Most of the time I come out on top in terms of damage.

• 3 weeks later...

I read some threads(most negative) about that weapon and thought "hmmm test it before you think bad about that wep,maybe some ppl do anything wrong".

Even as a crit weapon it is bad.I tested it with all good damage mods(point strike,hells chamber,vicious spread,Blaze,Crit chance and damage mods,elemental mods(AP,fire,electric,ice )depends which enemies im fighting,all maxed)

Even when i was very close to the enemy 1-2 meters and no shell missed the damage was ...................................not impressive.

This gun isnt good for endgame.It eats shells like a monster and for that you get super small damage even full modded.

Damage is very bad even crit builded.

The magazine and fire rate is good.

Reload time is bad.

Accuracy is bad (even worse with mods like vicious spread)

Ammo efficency very bad.

All together to bad atm.

Its sad how bad it is,because i like the way how the boar prime is shooting,the sound and the gun looks amazing.I fell in love with her because of these mechanics. :/

This gun dont need more Critchance,it needs absolutely more damage.

I think about 100-110.

Edited by K0bra