Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Primary Weapons!

Zachles

The P90 is a submachine gun not an assault rifle. Also he's not holding P90's.

Allow me to direct you to the first sentence of the third paragraph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

I think it's an either/or type of thing. They were pretty much considered assault rifles in the Stargate series. I don't know what kind of gun it is, nor do I really care. The point is, it's pretty freaking cool.

Also, again, this.

2drc4ue.jpg

And for reference, http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/smg/belgium/1287829331.jpg.

Edited by zachles

Dual sobek. Dat reload time.

Gorgon / Supra are 4.25 sec reloads, even better than the 4sec reload for duals xD

on topic:

i'd prefer Primaries to become more effective, not pretending to be comparable to pistols by spamming as many bullets as secondaries do. this isn't the way to improve primaries. 

and for that matter, most of the Primary weapons we have currently require two hands to hold them correctly and use them anyways. 

Gorgon / Supra are 4.25 sec reloads, even better than the 4sec reload for duals xD

on topic:

i'd prefer Primaries to become more effective, not pretending to be comparable to pistols by spamming as many bullets as secondaries do. this isn't the way to improve primaries. 

and for that matter, most of the Primary weapons we have currently require two hands to hold them correctly and use them anyways. 

This whole thread was supposed to be a joke. No one is seriously expecting they'll make dual primaries. Anyways, Teal'c can hold one in each hand. It can't possibly be that difficult for DE to imitate that, not that I would even want them to.

Edited by zachles

DUAL EVERYTHING!

Dual.... Dread?! How would THAT work?!

Dual.... Lanka?! Gundam Wing!

Okay, enough of that silliness. Anyways, I think you can do this with sub-machine guns in the game like Braton and Grakata.

As for Teal'c, well it's Teal'c, he's a supersoldier to  make it short. Well we're Tenno, so IMO it's doable. I'd like a boss to have a new double primary though and let him drop the BP.

I don't really think it'd be practical to own two primaries; there wouldn't be any downsides to them really, as opposed to using the single version, I mean, I'd take 90 rounds of dual Braton with all my damage mods over a regular any day. I think the dual wield is more or less well placed in the secondary weapons as they are now though.

However, if you don't mind, I might play with that idea in my fan animation ;)

I think dual primaries is, in itself, a good idea.

But NOT just taking two existing primaries, making a dual, and calling it done.

No, I'm thinking about something straight dual, like the gremlins are (no single).

Or alternatively dual grakata, this would be believable.

I think dual primaries is, in itself, a good idea.

But NOT just taking two existing primaries, making a dual, and calling it done.

No, I'm thinking about something straight dual, like the gremlins are (no single).

Or alternatively dual grakata, this would be believable.

I think that weapons that are in the range of roughly 1 meter can be dual wielded. Perhaps with further research, you can arm yourself with dual Dera. I think that's doable enough. Just don't make Acrid a primary and dual wield it. It's already OP as a sidearm, and it would break the game if you held two of them. All you'll hear are just squirting sounds.

Other Primaries that I think that can be dual wielded are:

1. The Braton Series

2. Burston

3. Grakata

4. Flux Rifle (but that would be OP too)

It's because they barely have any in-game weight and length in comparison to the other Primaries. At the same time, sometimes you can see the frames use them with one hand when you attack and enemy while your body is facing another way. This means.something significant since the frames themselves seem capable of using these firearms with one hand only.

If you noticed, I deisregarded the bows, shotguns and snipers and Heavy Automatics..

*Bows, dual wielded? Good luck.

*Snipers, Dual Wielded? What are you? Gundam Wing?

*Shotguns and Heavy automatics should be obvious since you can't handle them one hand only, especially the recoil.

TL;DR - Realistically, I think we can only expect to dual wield the existing small(er) submachine guns or burst firearms. For obvious reasons.Good news is, it's possible that other dual wielded primaries may arrive. Bad news is, we know and expect this thing may not happen for a while.

With all that said, yo DARVO! Do your stuff! Us hungry customers are waiting in-line already. Make your own shop, for crying out loud. We have Platinum and Credits to burn. (That'll summon him...)

Edited by ErudiusNacht

DUAL INGNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Altey: On a side note, I've read some of your posts and you're just spamming the forum with your one-liners. Please contribute in a more constructive way to the community.

On topic again, I guess the main consideration for realistically dual-wielding would be the weight and recoil of the weapon. If the Tenno can carry and shoot a primary with one hand, then I guess it's a go. Then again, one problem would be not attack move-set since it's already there, but the way you would stow them on your back.

A Option for a few main guns to be dual would be good simply because they are bad for exsample the Hek is almost weaker than a single bronko, but defenatly some guns should stay singel like ErudiusNacht wrote, especaly because a dual Snipetron would look  odd ;).

Further it would be great if you could take two main or secundary wepons with you for example Lex and Viper or Barton and Sniptron.