Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a toggle for holding E for heavy attacks, or a separate key bind?

Sohaya-

For high attack speeds, melees tend to heavy attack all the time when you want to execute combos instead as the “hold” time took too little time to be charged. This was not an issue with the separate heavy attack button. This is forcing me to use slower attack speeds just so that I’m not stuck in a slow animation all the time, and it’s annoying to say the least. While mouse wheel doesn’t suffer from this issue it’s a lot more awkward to control.

On the other hand, the hold e is great for certain melees like the redeemer to quickswap to a heavy attack. That’s functionality that I don’t want to see be gone completely.

Best of both worlds, can we please toggle “hold melee to heavy attack” on and off or at least have a separate keybind? That would be great quality of life for us button mashers.

Here to raise more awareness as I've been trying to for the other posts-

Worth noting that (fortunately for me) Sword & Shield doesn't seem to have the same issues, which is lovely!

I'd love a toggle for charging heavy attacks.

I agree also, would love a toggle. It sucks having an inflexible control scheme ruining the investment in a combo counter build due to holding down the attack input slightly too long, which is so easy to do accidentally with these high attack speed builds. A toggle would be a great resolution to ensure that heavy attack, combo-counter, and hybrid heavy efficiency builds all remain equally viable in the new melee system meta without control scheme issues interfering and getting in the way.

I rebound my melee attack to LMB and my gun trigger to a side mouse button. Because obviously that is the correct control scheme, but can't stop occasionally throwing my combo counter away for nothing.

Of note pertaining to this problem, Xandypants did a great youtube video a few days ago on Heavy Combo Efficiency builds, that use that stat to reduce how much of the combo counter is eaten up by each heavy attack. Of course, this build is only really viable on a few weapons, and the builds have their own pros and cons as well. So the only way to even mitigate the issue (not the same as resolve) is to either sacrifice a mod slot and add some potentially unwanted electric damage, or get a line of +Heavy Combo Efficiency line on a Riven mod for the weapon. Serious combo counter builds will be running Naramon for combo preservation, so I don't feel that using Zenurik for the heavy combo efficiency is a viable workaround for something that happens unintentionally and probably not frequently enough to build for, but frequently enough to be annoying for someone who doesn't use any macros and prefers to manually input each melee weapon strike.

@Nathren - Thanks for letting me know about sword and shields not having this problem. Final Harbinger one of my favourite stances anyways, but I wish I didn't have this problem with scythes and dual swords.

Edited by IG088
tested swords and shields.

100% agreed this is frustrating as hell, it takes literally less than a second of holding the button for many weapons to do a heavy attack, it so easy to accidentally do a heavy attack it's a joke.

giving us an option to toggle it off is great since there might be people that either don't mind it or actively want it, so letting us just toggle it off would be a good easy fix(at least in concept,i have no idea how hard it would be to program that)