Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relatively new player here, please make screen shake from recoil optional

Guenhwyvarz

2 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

You can, however I suggest putting them in your weapon exilus slot if you can afford one. 

Another tip, just don't spam the Hek. Helps a lot with recoil and ammo consumption.

I dont have any issues with recoil or ammo or aiming, its just the screen shake is stuck with recoil for some reason that I dont know and it  is horrible

Edited by Guenhwyvarz

Just now, (XB1)razberryX said:

Yeah, best thing that I can tell you is to turn off screenshake in your settings.

I already did that from the beginning, but it would be really nice if some dev see the feedback here and make it optional, I am pretty sure many players will appreciate it 

5 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

If turning off screen shake isn't enough, sure.  Why not?  I use them on a number of weapons.  Doesn't even take up a slot anymore.

They dont take up a slot ? How do I get %100 recoil reduction without taking a crucial spot ? I really dont know 

Edited by Guenhwyvarz

2 минуты назад, Guenhwyvarz сказал:

They dont take up a slot ? How do I get %100 recoil reduction without taking a crucial spot ? I really dont know 

There is no "simple" screen shake. It is an actual recoil of a weapon. Every gun has both accuracy and recoil stats. Accuracy determines how far the bullet strays from reticle if shot in rapid succession. Recoil just kicks your reticle unpredictably.

Screen shake in options disables earthquakes, explosion and melee hits shaking your screen.

As a recoil being base gun stat (and always been) it is impossible to "just disable" it. So as people suggested you should use recoil reduction from mods.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Miyabi-sama said:

There is no "simple" screen shake. It is an actual recoil of a weapon. Every gun has both accuracy and recoil stats. Accuracy determines how far the bullet strays from reticle if shot in rapid succession. Recoil just kicks your reticle unpredictably.

Screen shake in options disables earthquakes, explosion and melee hits shaking your screen.

As a recoil being base gun stat (and always been) it is impossible to "just disable" it. So as people suggested you should use recoil reduction from mods.

The recoil is not only kicking my reticle, but it shakes the screen, normally on other games either first person or third person disabling screen shakes does the trick but here the recoil itself is screen shake.

• Like 1

Только что, Guenhwyvarz сказал:

The recoil is not only kicking my reticle, but it shakes the screen, normally on other games either first person or third person disabling screen shakes does the trick but here the recoil itself is screen shake.

That is what I just told you. Yes. Recoil does shake your screen.

5 минут назад, Guenhwyvarz сказал:

And that is why I am here, on feedback forums, to tell that its annoying, and should be optional or completely removed 

Ok. You wished for opinions and here I am.

I have no problems with recoil. Moreover considering the fact recoil stat was always present in the game and one way or another affects some combat aspects I highly doubt it will go away anytime soon.

One of my friends was very hyped to try Warframe. Guess what, she has some motion sickness when plays herself, too bad. What do you think about this issue?

4 minutes ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Ok. You wished for opinions and here I am.

I have no problems with recoil. Moreover considering the fact recoil stat was always present in the game and one way or another affects some combat aspects I highly doubt it will go away anytime soon.

One of my friends was very hyped to try Warframe. Guess what, she has some motion sickness when plays herself, too bad. What do you think about this issue?

I dont have problems with recoil too... And I dont care if recoil stays or goes away, I am just telling the screen shake from recoil is probably unintended and should be optional

4 минуты назад, Guenhwyvarz сказал:

I dont have problems with recoil too...

Except you do. Because:

5 минут назад, Guenhwyvarz сказал:

And I dont care if recoil stays or goes away, I am just telling the screen shake from recoil is probably unintended and should be optional

Yes it is intentional in this game. And this is called recoil. And there is an option to put mods to lessen the recoil so it won't kick your screen so hard.

1 minute ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Except you do. Because:

Yes it is intentional in this game. And this is called recoil. And there is an option to put mods to lessen the recoil so it won't kick your screen so hard.

w/e man, I am %100 certain others will understand the issue unlike you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Yes, because having to sacrifice damage to avoid motion sickness is good game design. 🙄

Exilus slot can't be used for damage mods.

6 minutes ago, Guenhwyvarz said:

I am %100 certain others will understand the issue unlike you

The reason recoil shakes the screen is to allow you to fight it. Recoil must move the reticle, the reticle is fixed in the middle of the screen, so the camera moves. If the camera doesn't move, either the reticle has to move on the screen and you lose control of the weapon, or the weapon no longer points in the same direction as the reticle, so you don't even know where you're aiming. Bedside, switching to either of those other options would mean adding some re-centering mechanism for the aim, not just disabling the shaking.

15 minutes ago, GruntBlender said:

Exilus slot can't be used for damage mods.

The reason recoil shakes the screen is to allow you to fight it. Recoil must move the reticle, the reticle is fixed in the middle of the screen, so the camera moves. If the camera doesn't move, either the reticle has to move on the screen and you lose control of the weapon, or the weapon no longer points in the same direction as the reticle, so you don't even know where you're aiming. Bedside, switching to either of those other options would mean adding some re-centering mechanism for the aim, not just disabling the shaking.

Ever played any other shooter games ? Reticle stays still, screen stays still and they all have recoil, they dont give people motion sickness. Its just a cosmetic screen shake animation stuck with recoil and it really needs to be gone

Edited by Guenhwyvarz
  • Like 2