Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Less AW restrictions in Orb Vallis (at least), please.

Uthael

Just now, Uthael said:

I love playing in an archwing and would appreciate another AW-related update with some content focused on it.

However, many players hate it with passion. In the current state of the game, AW missions restrict the player too much. They're often done inside a tube network or in empty space, with the objective being a spot.

Orb Vallis bounties are my favorite AW missions, but enemies somehow always have their Instant-anti-air, forcing you to play them as a foot soldier.
Now that I think of it, some enemies spend more time flying than I do! And they get to activate their own gear/abilities while flying (anti-air, nullifiers, eximus abilities)!

What's preventing me from casting Volt's Shield while flying?! Why can't I use my Gravimag-upgraded Grattler while flying?!

I'll make my own topic for this and quote myself there.

13 hours ago, Uthael said:

What's preventing me from casting Volt's Shield while flying?

The fact that you have an archwing which already has its own abilities. If you want a shield, bring Odonata along. It's far better than those useless skateboards, where you have neither abilities nor weapons. You don't even have radar or vacuum (because your sentinel evaporates).

As for not being able to use your archguns while in the air - yeah, that is kinda stupid.

14 hours ago, Uthael said:

What's preventing me from casting Volt's Shield while flying?!

24 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

The fact that you have an archwing which already has its own abilities. (...)

No. Why do I have to get locked out of my chosen WF's abilities? I wanted to fly and use them!
I know... Dismount, cast, mount again. But that just... Clunky. So many unnecessary movements. Very un-ninja-luke. And is a hassle. Not to mention flailing like that looks ucool.

One way it could be done is to have another AW mode on the gearwheel. Optionally, you'd have to choose which mode your AW comes in. Like with the mining drills.
Another way could be to hold or tap 5 to swap between cast modes.

Maybe add a specific upgrade to the Archwing Launcher segment? Or a targeted upgrade to a single archwing, sort of like the Gravimag?

On 2019-11-22 at 3:48 PM, Uthael said:

No. Why do I have to get locked out of my chosen WF's abilities? I wanted to fly and use them!
I know... Dismount, cast, mount again. But that just... Clunky. So many unnecessary movements. Very un-ninja-luke. And is a hassle. Not to mention flailing like that looks ucool.

One way it could be done is to have another AW mode on the gearwheel. Optionally, you'd have to choose which mode your AW comes in. Like with the mining drills.
Another way could be to hold or tap 5 to swap between cast modes.

Maybe add a specific upgrade to the Archwing Launcher segment? Or a targeted upgrade to a single archwing, sort of like the Gravimag?

he's got a point actually, considering how fragged up and ineffective are most archwing abilities during atmospheric use