Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't get my lich to spawn

(PSN)SrebX

Question

I'v been over this a 100 times now-

Prerequisites- Complete the War Within.   Done that.

Then you gotta go you a 20+ Grineer mission, Once you're there, at some point you should get a yellow flicker, then after a while a Transmission from a Guardian saying they have chosen a Larvling, Then you gotta Mercy kill that Larvling and you get a lich. right?

So far I've tried Cassini (Capture on Saturn) 3 times, Ataro (Exterminate on Sedna) 5 times and the Mobile Defense on Sedna twice, and it all goes down the same- I get that yellow flicker, and I never get that Transmission from a Guardian. 

I've tried going all over the map looking for a Larvling, but I just can't find it. What am I missing?

10 answers to this question

Are you doing it solo?

Also, once you get that red/black flicker on your screen, keep killing enemies around that area.. sometimes it doesnt spawn but thats rare really.. atleast in my experience. Cant think of any reason why it shouldnt be spawning.. as long as you keep killing enemies..

Get a weapon that kills multiple enemies quickly. I use my Ignis Wraith and after the flickering lights I kill everyone around me. I believe the oficial number required is 15. So if you kill around 15 enemies as soon as the flickering happens you should get a transmission and a new red target to kill, which is your larvaling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Didn't know that, are you 100% sure?

Can verify. 100% true.

I have had the most success going for Sedna- Adaro, solo. Bring a weapon that can kill a lot, play very slow/casual at first, until flicker. Then kill as fast and as much as you can. Only then will you get a transmission, and with it a marker for your larvling. Then you can take your time again, since it has spawned and will wait for you to come kill them. Bring down, execute, enjoy your new lich (cry in bad rng)

edit: about 80% success rate solo, in group it's down to like 25%.

Edited by BradKing
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RodrigoMoretto said:

Get a weapon that kills multiple enemies quickly. I use my Ignis Wraith and after the flickering lights I kill everyone around me. I believe the oficial number required is 15. So if you kill around 15 enemies as soon as the flickering happens you should get a transmission and a new red target to kill, which is your larvaling.

6 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Not killing enough enemies after the screen flicker will de-spawn the lich. Try getting a high kill rate (ie Saryn/Equinox or AoE weapons) and the transmission should appear.

See, in all my time scouring the wiki and patch notes I couldnt find anything about this

I just brought a Nuke frame now and got my Lich to spawn

Thanks a lot!

• Like 2