Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Reward For Inactivity

Cluunox

Night Wave said kill 150 enemies with abilities.  I did defense with limbo Prime stood on the pod and used cataclysm to kill over 150 mobs.  Did not get any rewards because of inactivity.  I killed 150+ mobs per your game rules and NW requirements.  WHY WAS I PUNISHED?!!!!!!!!!  This has never happened before. You made the rules and abilities that allowed me to play that way and it has always worked. Why should I have to jump around and move to kill mobs with weapons if that is not required of the game mechanics of the ability or requirements of the NW challenge.  You need to change this back I was not inactive I have to stay there to recast and kill anything that did not die on its way into they affected area. and I did jump outside the ability affected area to gather loot and kill mobs by melee yet I still did not get rewarded. this is absolute bull. 

Not sure if this was a glitch that should not be here but I did 10 waves at Tessera on Venus just in case it matters

Edited by Cluunox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Its to stop/reduce players afk'ng via simple macros.

Well i was not afk so if it don't work get rid of it i did move i recast ability and looted mobs and killed mobs with melee so it is broke and needs removed or fixed i killed stuff with 5 forma fulmin how much do i have to do to be active

Edited by Cluunox

Hi there

I've had that happen to me during an Interception mission on Xini, was lucky to find a decent group who stuck to their own point so there was no reason for me to move, just defend my own point, which I did, I killed a few bits and pieces and yet received no reward due to inactivity.

I appreciate having a system in-game that punishes AFKers, not a big fan of those, I suppose there are a handful of AFKers that use fairly elaborate macros to kill stuff, but I imagine they are a very small minority, so I'd prefer the system being less strict and as long as you are actively killing stuff you should be entitled to the loot.

Cheers then

Edited by Tyanya
Spelinkg

3 minutes ago, Jujuwa said:

Just move and fire your gun from time to time.

If you can't do that, that means you're AFK.

Did you not read my post i did move killed with broken war, 5 forma fulmin cataclysm helios what the ** more do they need?? the night wave chalenge was to kill with abilities not guns.

Edited by Cluunox

The only thing the Inactivity tracker actually tracks is your current position. if you've been there too long it flags you. Moving from that location will reset it. 

There used to be an issue where even if you where in Operator it would continue to only track your Warframes position so you could be running around like mad and still get flagged. I hope/assume that has since been patched to track your Operator as well as your Warframe.. 

Their afk check is pretty lazy. If you don't move for 1 minute you're flagged as afk. If you're flagged as afk when the reward rotaton comes around, you're done. Ironically you can afk for 4 waves and 99% of the fifth wave, move an inch, and get the reward.

Cause knowledge is power!

Recently, I've played a survival as Octavia. Had a Nekros in the party, ofcourse. My only job was to throw 1 and 4 to the intersection of the AI pathfinding. With a duration build, it doesn't require much player input. Staying in the same place and aiming so I maximize my throw range was enough. Pressing 2 buttons once a minute was enough. Didn't even have to move my mouse. I even missed one relic selection due to talking on my phone. Those missions can take a while and I can't afford shutting myself out from my real life anymore.

Luckily, we were derping around, showing off our spectres, dancing to my muted music and playing with Clem and his infinite ammo Twin Grakatas so I got everything I collected. Oh, and collecting traces just before the 5min marks.

Endless runs need a rework. A-A-B-C-C-C... is a good idea, but when it becomes trivial to kill a lvl9999 enemy, what do the 3 other frames in the mission do?

Edit: Actually, the problem on-topic is not being bored in a mission, it's the AFK detection.
When the system detects an AFK player, let it send something similar to an arbitration drone. And make a few versions of them, with different AIs and defensive mechanics. Examples:
- Only the damage from that player's operator can strip its invulnerability
OR
- It requires a Parazon interaction to die and it prevents new mobs from spawning while it lives

Edited by Uthael