Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide Solo-only quest again?

SnuggleBuckets

I don't quite understand why, don't get me wrong, I do like playing solo most of the time, but I play Warframe with one other friend a lot, and in the past, quests were these big events we wanted to experience together, but then more and more quests just became locked behind us needing to do them by ourselves, and it feels especially odd in this situation with our joint ghost clan, with our joint effort to build the dry dock, now just again sending us on quests in our separate isolated ways.
Haven't done much of it yet, reached the first repair, and 1 million credits isn't the end of the world, or the 100 cubic diode-thingies (it's no Hema, so far... *shudders*), they seem to drop pretty generously on Ceres defense dark sector, and credits isn't too hard to obtain in the index.
But there was nothing about the first salvage mission type that screamed it having mechanics that can only function in solo-mode.
It's just, are all quests from now on going to be only solo? Look, I don't want quests forcing me to play with people either, but sometimes you want quests to be experienced with friends when you feel like it.

P.S. Cephalon Cy seems very quiet, are his voice levels tied with the Ordis volume slider?

Edited by SnuggleBuckets

• 3 weeks later...

i too am wondering if all these quests are going to be solo, getting the first part of the railjack after building cephalon cy is a pain in the ass because you're in an area that unless you have a S#&$ton of damage output and health you're gonna wind up dieing a lot

12 minutes ago, dracof2 said:

i too am wondering if all these quests are going to be solo, getting the first part of the railjack after building cephalon cy is a pain in the ass because you're in an area that unless you have a S#&$ton of damage output and health you're gonna wind up dieing a lot

If you're having an issue with the first part defense, I suggest you stock up on specters. Part 6 has a bunch of nulifiers

The railjack itself is your personal ship so I don't see a problem with them being solo. That said there is nothing story wise or personal that goes on in those missions, they all occur after you go to dojo and do the thing so it doesn't really make sense not to have public matchmaking or invites available in the missions. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-11-24 at 1:04 PM, SnuggleBuckets said:

I don't want quests forcing me to play with people either, but sometimes you want quests to be experienced with friends when you feel like it.

Yeeeeah it's always disappointing when you can't buddy up with people. I tried to join my wife when she started doing her quest, but I was just told "objective already completed" even though i could see, on her screen, it wasn't.

Common problem with online games, sadly. 😞

Edited by DrakeWurrum