Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Fireball

(PSN)RazorPhoenix970

Every Ember you see these days is calling down comets like there's no tomorrow but I wanna look at the neglected child, Fireball

It was given a cast combo, much like Atlas's Landslide which is nice but unlike Atlas is doesn't look or feel like a combo. It's the same animation over and over again, not very combo like, I'd even be fine with her just altering the hand she uses to throw the fireballs at least

The combo window is hillariously small considering the ability. I'll bring Atlas up again, Landslides combo works because there is very little down time between pressing the button and proceeding to punch a dude. With Fireball you go through a sluggish animation then wait for a sluggish projectile to hit something. Yes the immolation synergy exists but Immolation itself is unsustainable as it is so I feel Fireball itself needs to be inherently sped up. Also the tiny combo window makes charging the ability a non option because you'll lose your combo as you try to charge to full (last I checked anyway, I could be wrong). Either increase the combo window or make it decay like sniper combo.

Fireball's explosion range is pitiful, absolutely pitiful. Even if Inferno was supposed to be the focus of the rework you can't just shaft the other damage ability like this. 2m base, the same range as a dagger and it's not like Fireball gets recompensed by dealing more damage than Inferno since it affects a smaller area it actually deals less. Either the range gets buffed or it is solidified as a single target damage ability by getting a damage increase (to be clear it should then deal more damage than Inferno)

Lastly Fireball Frenzy doesn't affect Fireball. It never did to be fair but in order to justify Fireball's existence alongside Inferno I feel Fireball should have access to more damage potential than Inferno. Plus I think it stands to reason that the Fireball augment should affect Fireball.

Edit: Fireball Frenzy removes the ability to charge Fireball and I can definitively confirm you'll lose your combo if your charge time exceeds the combo window

Edited by (PS4)RazorPhoenix970
  • Like 1

That vauban's copied fire strike comet rain is one of the abilities I like the most in the game right now. Gosh, the fire, the destruction, the death! It's beautiful!

EBsyPUy.gif

As for fireball, yeah... Significantly better than previously, but... Even if you cover 💩 in glitter it's still gonna be 💩 at the end of the day. While I  want a full burst I do dislike how slow it is. Specially as a controller user. So I end up ignoring it 95% of the time.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

That vauban's copied fire strike comet rain is one of the abilities I like the most in the game right now. Gosh, the fire, the destruction, the death! It's beautiful!

As for fireball, yeah... Significantly better than previously, but... Even if you cover 💩 in glitter it's still gonna be 💩 at the end of the day. While I  want a full burst I do dislike how slow it is. Specially as a controller user. So I end up ignoring it 95% of the time.

Well then from one controller user to another you understand where I'm coming from. I'd like Fireball to have a different dimension to Inferno

• Like 1