Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modulated Wait times

AlfredDean

Okay, hear me out. First, warframes should take 2 days to build. Second, being in the game (as long as you're not AFK, which they have a system to detect) should double the speed of the foundry. Not only would this reduce the sometimes insane wait times, but it'd incentivise playership which can only really help DE

14 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Wouldn't this just accelerate people blowing through everything?

While that may be true, one of the biggest deterrents for both new players and some vets to play is the insane amount of time that some things take to build (ie: making a warframe takes either 4 days or premium currency)

8 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

Last time I saw even the simulacrum increases "mission time". Don't see a point in doing something like this when people could just stay in there all night to get things built faster.

26 minutes ago, AlfredDean said:

(as long as you're not AFK, which they have a system to detect)

I said nothing about mission time. Captura, hanging around cetus, showing friends your orbiter... etc. all counts as long as you're not AFK in my proposed system

1 minute ago, Leyvonne said:

Also this system would just punish people who can't or don't want to be online 24/7.

it's a QoL improvement for people who play regularly, how does that punish people who don't play often? I suppose there's an argument that the lack of a significant improvement for some could be called a punishment, but I'm just not seeing it, it's an improvement of some kind for everybody.

10 minutes ago, AlfredDean said:

it's a QoL improvement for people who play regularly, how does that punish people who don't play often?

Where did I mention people who don't play often? I'm talking about people who only have limited time to play each day, who share a PC with other family members or play from internet cafes so they can't just leave the game running all day and night etc. I'd say having to wait longer for foundry stuff is a punishment for anyone who already has less time to do things and thus has much slower progress in the game.

Edited by Leyvonne
typo