Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Complete without killing an enemy" is still terrible

TARINunit9

This bonus is frustrating, contradictory, and very often unfair. It hasn't gotten any less unfun in the last few months, so I figured it's time for a reminder thread DE

"Keep drone health above X%" is fine, we are supposed to protect the drone anyway. "Keep the control level above X%" is fine, we're supposed to be controlling the field anyway. But why is "don't kill any enemies" a thing? Killing enemies is ALL WE DO in this game

Oh, and it's not enough to capture the target without anything dieing. I've captured the target, regained control of my character, and THEN my teammate killed an enemy and caused us to fail the bonus. I reiterate, AFTER I regained control of my Warframe.

Get rid of this bonus objective already

23 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

We're talking Plains here, not Vallis

you didn't specify Also dont kills any enemies is a fair challenge i know that objective your talking about and i've done it before and running a bounties in pub runs the risk of you not doing the secondary objective that is just the chaotic and given nature of pubs. 

1. if your scared your sentinel is going to kill something take away its weapon and offensive abilities or just remove them from the load out all together if its a dog or cat
  2. if pubs are screwing you consider recruit chat getting friends to help you or doing them yourself you can control those alot better
  3. Use your operator a decent prism is as good as most guns 
  4. regaining control of your warframe does not mean the bounty is done there is always the delay between regaining movement and the bounty completing
  5. being invisble with a silent weapon prevents sentinels from attacking as they only will attack when an enemy is alert pets don't follow this sometimes so just take them off 

the challenge is not unfair it's as difficult as you allow it to be if your kitted out to kill things entirely then yeah it will be hard but still doable on the other end if you expect it since secondaries are normally bound to that specific bounty mission if you brought something that could long range snipe or do single target damage upclose your fine just run up and shoot them. i can do this easy but just removing vaporize from my dethcube prime and take away his gun then take ANY Frame walk up to the objective myself and do it since the dont kill any enemies objective is normally a capture mission go to capture target shoot him go capture him (void mode operator is optional) and then walk away 

2 hours ago, seprent said:

you didn't specify 

Valli's doesn't have the bonus objective "Capture Target without killing enemies"

As for your suggestions, missing the point. Not only is the objective already unfun, but what you suggested already didn't work because of bad coding. I had completely captured the Grineer target, started walking away, and THEN somehow failed the bonus objective anyway. So yes, very unfair

2 hours ago, seprent said:

you didn't specify Also dont kills any enemies is a fair challenge i know that objective your talking about and i've done it before and running a bounties in pub runs the risk of you not doing the secondary objective that is just the chaotic and given nature of pubs. 

1. if your scared your sentinel is going to kill something take away its weapon and offensive abilities or just remove them from the load out all together if its a dog or cat
  2. if pubs are screwing you consider recruit chat getting friends to help you or doing them yourself you can control those alot better
  3. Use your operator a decent prism is as good as most guns 
  4. regaining control of your warframe does not mean the bounty is done there is always the delay between regaining movement and the bounty completing
  5. being invisble with a silent weapon prevents sentinels from attacking as they only will attack when an enemy is alert pets don't follow this sometimes so just take them off 

the challenge is not unfair it's as difficult as you allow it to be if your kitted out to kill things entirely then yeah it will be hard but still doable on the other end if you expect it since secondaries are normally bound to that specific bounty mission if you brought something that could long range snipe or do single target damage upclose your fine just run up and shoot them. i can do this easy but just removing vaporize from my dethcube prime and take away his gun then take ANY Frame walk up to the objective myself and do it since the dont kill any enemies objective is normally a capture mission go to capture target shoot him go capture him (void mode operator is optional) and then walk away 

It is not unfair or not . For all you suggested is still hard and not exactly requires because :

- This bonus objective is likely for improved players in both skills and gear so they don't find it's unfair that when lower standards get same rewards as they do.

53 minutes ago, Twilight-Knight said:

It is not unfair or not . For all you suggested is still hard and not exactly requires because :

- This bonus objective is likely for improved players in both skills and gear so they don't find it's unfair that when lower standards get same rewards as they do.

how hard is it to use loki and a dagger to minimise multi hit to beat up a capture target and only a capture target thats one method i can think of and the bonus is what a could hundred standing that pushes to a cap that still pretty annoying? this literally sounds like a case of pubs are giving me a hard time remove this DE

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Valli's doesn't have the bonus objective "Capture Target without killing enemies"

As for your suggestions, missing the point. Not only is the objective already unfun, but what you suggested already didn't work because of bad coding. I had completely captured the Grineer target, started walking away, and THEN somehow failed the bonus objective anyway. So yes, very unfair

Now here is a question did the bounty pop up giving you your reward for doing it then a TEAMMATE killed something revoking the objective bonus? because if so that is a bug but just calling unfun, unfair, goes against what we do anyway in this game, and it should be removed because its giving you a hard time in pubs doesn't really help anyone 

23 minutes ago, seprent said:

Now here is a question did the bounty pop up giving you your reward for doing it then a TEAMMATE killed something revoking the objective bonus? because if so that is a bug but just calling unfun, unfair, goes against what we do anyway in this game, and it should be removed because its giving you a hard time in pubs doesn't really help anyone 

It is a bug or an oversight, because "CAPTURE without killing any enemies" should be triggered as soon as the Capture Targets has been CAPTURED, when the animation for CAPTURING the Capture Target has finished playing, not fifteen seconds later while the server loads our reward table

QED, the "Capture the Corpus Drone without the Drone taking any health damage" is marked as fully completed as soon as the players fill up the enemy killing bar. The very frame the 40th enemy dies, you get that bonus objective. The Grineer one by contrast makes you wait an additional ten seconds, during which time it can still fail

• Like 1

10 hours ago, seprent said:

how hard is it to use loki and a dagger to minimise multi hit to beat up a capture target and only a capture target thats one method i can think of and the bonus is what a could hundred standing that pushes to a cap that still pretty annoying? this literally sounds like a case of pubs are giving me a hard time remove this DE

It's horribly designed and you fail if anything other than you or your pet dies in the area whether or not you or your teammates had anything to do with it.  Nearby wildlife catches a stray bullet?  Fail.  Something falls through the world geometry?  Fail  Try do do bounties at night and the locals are fighting some Vomvalysts?  Fail.  One of those little ball drones that Seekers throw at you explodes before the stage completes?  Fail.

• Like 1