Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously DE!?

Sagna

so after around 2h of mining in orb vallis, i accidently entered the orb cave (the 2nd spider), and the door shut, and i couldnt get back out, i mean, WTH DE.

Did no one mention this at the design meeting? so i just lost 2h of mining cuz of a silly mistake, cuz there was no prompts ("bla bla bla beyond this point cant go back bla bla bla"), and the door simply closes shut, thats some serious design flaw.

7 minutes ago, Sagna said:

so after around 2h of mining in orb vallis, i accidently entered the orb cave (the 2nd spider), and the door shut, and i couldnt get back out, i mean, WTH DE.

Did no one mention this at the design meeting? so i just lost 2h of mining cuz of a silly mistake, cuz there was no prompts ("bla bla bla beyond this point cant go back bla bla bla"), and the door simply closes shut, thats some serious design flaw.

you have to walk a bit away from the door. its just like when you enter cetus from plains. you have to leave the area where the outside door is. the loss of time is your own fault.

5 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you have to walk a bit away from the door. its just like when you enter cetus from plains. you have to leave the area where the outside door is. the loss of time is your own fault.

oh okay, so then just the UX team was absent, ok.

edit: on another note, why tf do we always have to go back to fortuna/cetus to exit (and keep loot/exp) the open world area ????????????????????????????????????????????????????
just why? it makes no sense...

Edited by Sagna
another note

2 minutes ago, Sagna said:

do you get a prompt telling you to exit the area when you enter cetus? nope.

do you get one when entering fortuna from orb valis? nope.

why should it be different there when its practically the same. exiting Deck 12 resets orb valis instance.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Just now, EinheriarJudith said:

do you get a prompt telling you to exit the area when you enter cetus? nope.

do you get one when entering fortuna from orb valis? nope.

why should be be different there when its practically the same. exiting Deck 12 resets orb valis instance.

because maybe, just MAYBE deck 12 has a different intention than the open areas??????? deck12 is a boss/quest location, and just for that.

It loads a completely different area and has to reload the map when you go back out.  It unfortunately just requires you to run down into deck 12 and then exit.

On the plus side, if you want to reset the orb vallis without going back to Fortuna, it is an alternate method.  On a minus side, you didn't think to just run down and then exit because you don't have to start the boss fight if you don't want to.

1 minute ago, JHarlequin said:

you didn't think to just run down and then exit because you don't have to start the boss fight if you don't want to.

well you see, that wasnt clear for me, as far as i knew, if you went down there the boss fight started, as i said, there is no UX thought there, or at least its not that clear.

51 minutes ago, Sagna said:

edit: on another note, why tf do we always have to go back to fortuna/cetus to exit (and keep loot/exp) the open world area ????????????????????????????????????????????????????
just why? it makes no sense...

I know it's not much of a consolation prize, but if you do a bounty out in either of those areas, it autosaves your progress.  So if you quit you will keep everything up to that point, even if the mission UI never shows it to you.