Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Empyrean does, doesn't and could do

X_96

What Empyrean does is connect game aspects while adding a new flavor to it all. It connects Archwing, the classic combat and it adds the new Railjack as a new flavor. While it does just that it's on a small scale. Archwing being found just as an outside movement mechanic. Classic combat found only on Crewships and Bases, and stations.

What Empyrean doesn't do is connecting the game together. It is, like most new updates, a system of its own. But it doesn't need to be that. Empyrean has potential to be a game changer. It has the potential to unify and improve the game.

That's what Empyrean could be. A tool to make Warframe a game instead of a bunch of standalone systems. It would take a lot of work and time but it could change the game in a positive way. I would imagine this to happen in the following ways:

• Not only representing the classic combat on Crewships and Stations etc. but including all the missions found in the classic star-chart. Starting in the Railjack and hiding it in an Asteroid cluster just to leave it out of range of enemy sensors and entering a base to start the classic mission type is an example of how this could work.
  • Making missions where using the Railjack is impossible due to high Asteroid concentration or a Mine field can be a way to initialize an Archwing mission.

Those are just simple examples that came to my mind. If done in the right way, it could make Warframe feel like a unified experience, which the intention of Empyrean was in the first place.

Empyrean has a lot of potential to be what Warframe needs but it could be just another standalone update. It has launched only 4 days ago and it is yet been seen or heard of what DE intends to do with it. I will continue to look at this from a positive point but all I can do now is hope that DE doesn't abandon Empyrean as another addition to the game.

All the opportunities are in DE's hands. Now is the time to use them or let Warframe fall into chaos.

• Like 2

This is, to the best of my knowledge, 'phase one' of Empyrean. As remember, Empyrean debuted with the "Squad link" system, as well as Lich integration, what we have has neither of these. I suspect over time DE will integrate it into the rest of the game somehow? Potentially making it part of unlocking junctions somehow? Lots of ideas.

But yeah, I was expecting more tweaks/overhauls to archwing weaponry and the archwings themselves in response to being used in railjack missions as currently....archwing's are...weird. Anyway, Railjack is 'half implemented' much like the Lich system.

39 minutes ago, X_96 said:

What Empyrean doesn't do is connecting the game together. It is, like most new updates, a system of its own. But it doesn't need to be that. Empyrean has potential to be a game changer. It has the potential to unify and improve the game.

That's what Empyrean could be. A tool to make Warframe a game instead of a bunch of standalone systems. It would take a lot of work and time but it could change the game in a positive way. I would imagine this to happen in the following ways:

That is the plan in the long run , not right now because work and no time