Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Generation Consoles and Warframe

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

2020 Is just around the corner and before you know it, it will be fall 2020 and the new consoles will be out. For those like me, you usually wait a year or so after the new console to purchase one in case those consoles have any unforeseen issues. 

What does this mean for Warframe, for us console players? Just a continuation of what we have been doing but on a newer console? Will Warframe be brought onto the newer consoles or will it stay a current generation game for consoles?

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

I would be interested to know too.  Specifically these questions:

1. Since my PSN id will be the same, does this mean that when I play on either PS4 or PS5, it'll be the same account on DE's servers?

2. How will trophies/achievements work across the new consoles.  Will there be a new Warframe trophy list on PS5 or will it be only this one list cumulatively shared between PS4 and PS5?

3. The current login page on the Mobile App and warframe.com says 'PS4'.  Will it now also show PS5?  Or just a common 'PlayStation login' instead?

4 How will my forum id show up?  Currently it says '(PS4)vinster'.  Will it change to '(PS5)vinster'?

5 Will the Warframe PS4 anniversary coincide with the Warframe PS5 anniversary?  Can we have 2 anniversaries with even more goodies?! 🙂

6. Will you take advantage of the PS5's Dualshock haptic feedback and new trigger pressure feature?  If so, how?

7. During in-game missions, how will we know if our squad members are playing on PS4 or PS5?

8. Do the DE console teams already have the dev kit version for development?  If not when are they expecting them?

9. How long will you continue to support PS4 Warframe after PS5 version is released?  Will both have the same cert process and released at the same time?

10.  Will the PS4@4 stream with Danielle now become the PS5@5 stream?  Or does Danielle need to clone herself?!

If DE can answer them all before the year is out, I promise to buy every Prime Access pack in 2020! 😄

• Like 1

I have played this game since '14 and I have invested quite a bit of money over that time somewhere just under 500 dollars probably, no where near what some people invest. I am not looking to invest more into this game if it will not be transferred over to the new console. I have not bought any PA in a while and I won't really until I know the future of Warframe for consoles. 

DE will mostly will talk with the makers to see what can be done from icrosoft I dont thing it will be a issue at all, the thing looks like a PC so its possible they use the same servers or somthing like that.

For PS5 will be tricky since sony are usually assh0l3s specially if PS5 comes on top so they mostly will open a period for users to migrate after that you'll be.... animation screw GIF by Reuben Armstrong

Edited by prodi1600
adding context

Hopefully they make us aware of their intentions and the outcome once they know. If they don't, maybe they would at least allow PS4 and XB1 users to migrate to at least a PC or switch if we wanted to. I am not going to stick around on an older gen console once a newer one comes out. I may build a gaming PC since I want to get into VR games, so if I could migrate my account to there, that would be great, if not no big deal, I would just cut my string ties with DE and Warframe at XB1. We shall see, and like you said I don't see why it would be an issue at all for them to port over to the newer console. But it would also be a matter of how long after the console is released that, that would take.

It's all gonna come down on Sony and how they handle patches. If they're willing to work with the Devs to allow faster patching, and release of new content, then the next gen could be updated on the same time frame as the PC build, allowing for porting. If Sony forces Devs to go through a separate approval process for patches on the PS4 and PS5, then they'll be separate. If Sony allows Devs to patch PS4 and PS5 with the same code (least likely) then PS4, and PS5 would stay on the same build.