Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A plea to the Archwing cowboys

Knaveofclubs

1 minute ago, Knaveofclubs said:

If you aren't going to stay or come back to the railjack to help, will you please take out crewships or complete the objective? Do all the buzzing around killing fighters you want, after the threats the railjack can't deal with are taken care of.

Every group I've ever been in has had a designated crewship/objective person, who uses the sling to deal with these quickly. 

Also. The railjack can deal with crewships, that's what the front artillery is for. Shoot out the ships engines, and weaken its health then finish it off with the artillery. 

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Every group I've ever been in has had a designated crewship/objective person, who uses the sling to deal with these quickly. 

Also. The railjack can deal with crewships, that's what the front artillery is for. Shoot out the ships engines, and weaken its health then finish it off with the artillery. 

Well, I kinda have a problem with sometimes the front artillery just doesn't work (bugged out), as well as needing to leave the helm to go craft more ammo. Granted a lot of these problems are fixed with having premades, if my clan's work/play schedules would actually line up

Just now, Knaveofclubs said:

Well, I kinda have a problem with sometimes the front artillery just doesn't work (bugged out), as well as needing to leave the helm to go craft more ammo. Granted a lot of these problems are fixed with having premades, if my clan's work/play schedules would actually line up

Are you shooting out the engines first? If the artillery hits an intact engine it will only damage the engine. 

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Are you shooting out the engines first? If the artillery hits an intact engine it will only damage the engine. 

Nah, I know hitting the engines will block shots, so I'll usually aim for the "meat" of the ship. Even if the engines are disabled. Don't want them repairing just as the shot charges

15 minutes ago, Knaveofclubs said:

If you aren't going to stay or come back to the railjack to help, will you please take out crewships or complete the objective? Do all the buzzing around killing fighters you want, after the threats the railjack can't deal with are taken care of.

yeah, I can take out those fighters with the Railjack too, but being solo on the Railjack while the others are solely killing fighters is extremely annoying

Edited by BlackVortex
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

yeah, I can take out those fighters with the Railjack too, but being solo on the Railjack while the others are solely killing fighters is extremely annoying

Oh I had that happen in a pub match once. It was so annoying. All 3 hopped out to use archwing and left me to do repairs and fight off invaders. 

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

Oh I had that happen in a pub match once. It was so annoying. All 3 hopped out to use archwing and left me to do repairs and fight off invaders. 

I never go near crewships, so if noone takes them out and there are no fighters to kill in the vicinity, I just park the RJ and use the SS to kill the crewships

I usually kill the crewships in 10-20 seconds by that method

21 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

I usually kill the crewships in 10-20 seconds by that method

Are you killing and looting everything? That sounds like a long time... 

When I next get on I'll test how long I do it in. Maybe I'm just nuts. 

Edited by Miser_able

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Rush 30km away to attack an objective target, people get mad that you're rushing for containers and ignoring the Railjack.

Stay with the Railjack to help reduce cut down the damage it takes, people get mad you're stealing their job. There's not always a Crewship firing at the Railjack and sometimes, there's 5 fighters hammering the Railjack from behind.