Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

★Ember Prime 11.0: Feedback Thread

LongDraw

So Ember Prime frame was announced today in the LiveStream as the next warframe to be released.  Of course there is much anticipation for additional frames as many players have completed ranking up all frames released previously.  But what does this addition to the lineup mean for the future of the frame itself?  How much of an impact does the differing stats on the Ember Prime effect gameplay?  What items do you think would be appropriate to add to the game with the addition of this frame?  Why do you think this will be your favorite frame?  Or why is this your least favorite?  How do you think this new frame could be improved upon to make it look more "cool or awesome", to make it more balanced compared to the gold standard for the warframes, or to just make this frame fun to play on a long-term basis?

Commence Feedback...

*edit 02OCT2013 3:00pm*  Added additional questions

Edited by LongDraw

But what does this addition to the lineup mean for the future of the frame itself?

gold trim and a new helm.

should have been saryn prime anyway...

derp derp answers aside:

hopefully she will get a little love because of this.

she might have been set up for armor 2.0, but seeing as thats still up in the air, its anyones guess as to what will become of her.

i really liked ember, and still use her from time to time now, so ill welcome a prime of her, but i fear that she will just be ignored.

Ember's curvy designs (not just her female curves but her "pants" and such), as well as her color channels, is quite set for a Prime design in my opinion. Those parts could easily be highlighted with gold trims (and probably other things, like Mag's floating gold parts), and the round-ness will just put things more in emphasis.

like i mentioned in another thread: I fear that she's going to get all the wrong sorts of buffs, and her real issues go unaddressed.

...and then they give her some stupid power that doesn't even do what it says it does, but it'll be OP so some people will like it.

*looks at mag* :<

(also, i really hope that she'll get a helmet that doesn't look quite as derp as frost and mag's do. eeek.)

Edited by Carillon

Primed warframe  should have difrent skills then normal one , no buff, just diferent lookin skills could be variation of the existing one

also thoose alternate skills should be usable by a normal frame if ever they put an hand on it :)

Primes have nothing spaciel that can't be changed with a forma, that is much more common the prime frames parts, oh yeah and a shiny skin, yay now i can have another helmet under my stat helmet,

Well, the primed frames typically have some variation in their base stats like base shield recharge rate or base health, etc.  Any thoughts on what everyone thinks the varied stats might be?  Lets see who can make the most accurate prediction!

they better buff the primes series then it would be better....

the regular are okish....the ancestors of the tenno should be stronger and better stats

that would bring power creep into play.

I do agree though the primes could use something other then mastery and a more orokin look to make them stand out from the normal. but more powerful stats is definitely not the answer.

Along with Ember Prime i would like:

- Dual Heat Swords Prime

- Ignis Wraith

Bring it on!

yo dawg I heard you like playing with fire. so we gave you an ignis for your ember so you can burn infested while your burning infested.

Well, of all the female frames, I like Ember the most. Her shoulders give her a powerful appearance, unlike Nyx, Mag (Prime) or Nova.

Saryn looks like she came from brazilian carnival and Trinity... I really tried to like Trinity. (No offence here, just my oppinion. I don't think the others are ugly.)

Regarding the Primes in general: More and more I'm thinking of them as the pimps of warframe with all the flashy colors and the golden applications.

I usually see Frost Prime like this: Either black or colorful like a rainbow with soma, galatine and dual vastos... and maybe a golden iphone 5s in their pocket. xD

I even saw one making a bubble so he can kill some enemies with his galatine, so others can't kill steal those with guns. xD

yo dawg I heard you like playing with fire. so we gave you an ignis for your ember so you can burn infested while your burning infested.

Hey! Why not? We've already got Saryn, Torid, Akrid and if I remember correctly the Mire infects enemies as well. What we'll need though is a flame pistol since we only have the ignis and fire/dual fire swords and daggers.

Then, after that, DE can release electricity based weapons to go with a new Volt Prime!!!

they better buff the primes series then it would be better....

the regular are okish....the ancestors of the tenno should be stronger and better stats

Primed warframe  should have difrent skills then normal one , no buff, just diferent lookin skills could be variation of the existing one

also thoose alternate skills should be usable by a normal frame if ever they put an hand on it :)

I rather prefer them to remain as shiny toys than straight upgrades.

Golden thunder thighs. Enough said.

It seems there is a lot of players here are really into those Thunder Thighs.  Interesting...  I'm personally hoping that Ember gets an explosive fireball ability with her priming.  Would be SWEEEEEEET!

I'm forced into a break from Warframe due to my moving to another city. Gotta get more money coming in to convince the future wife that it's a good idea. She still isn't sold on me playing computer games either, but she does have her two shows once a week which gives me two hours to get on once I get internet again.

I'm forced into a break from Warframe due to my moving to another city. Gotta get more money coming in to convince the future wife that it's a good idea. She still isn't sold on me playing computer games either, but she does have her two shows once a week which gives me two hours to get on once I get internet again.

Tell her it's a way for you to relax and unwind if she ever finds herself busy with tv shows, movies, girls night out, etc.

Tell her it's a way for you to relax and unwind if she ever finds herself busy with tv shows, movies, girls night out, etc.

Or for when she wants to watch Grey's Anatomy :P  My best friend that's living with us even agreed he would like to check out Warframe.

should have been saryn prime anyway...

Ok could people seriously cut this out.  It was basically confirmed that the next prime after Mag was Ember because in Livestream 13, they said they were deciding between Mag and Ember and chose Mag.  

Hopefully Ember gets some skills reworked into something that's not useless past level 80.