Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Trolling

(PSN)BlightDragon89

Ok, since most of us have played at least some of Railjack, I am going to talk about the elephant in the room. Railjack mission trolls. 

There needs to be a way to boot people who are just trolling and/or being parasites on the Railjack missions. Public matches are for the most part unplayable right now, at least on PS4. All of the missions I have tried to host end up with one or more pub member of the squad either blocking pilot view, or just not doing anything at all. Even when there are hull breaches and fires all over the place, these people are just standing around, not doing anything. Or dancing, or other such trolling behavior.

Trolling is really ruining my enjoyment of this new mode. I only have two choices, run solo (which we really don't have the infrastructure for in the mode yet) or get a team together of clan/alliance mates only. I run pubs quite frequently due to my cruddy wifi connection, and I have had more issues with this mode then any other I have played in the game thus far.

Not sure what a good solution might be, but I hope DE can find one soon'ish.

That's the sad consequence of doing public missions.

The counter argument is to get your own friends, clanmmates, alliancemates, etc. Yes that works to a certain extent and involves some prep work on your end, and probably lots of waiting while others get ready. Back in the raids/trials days, that's the one thing I hated most. Sure, I've made some good friends then but the hassle of always having to form a group, set a time of day play sometimes, wait for everyone to get ready, talk when I didn't feel like talking, etc gets tiresome after a while.

Hence I solo as much as I can now and can't wait for the command intrinsic next year.

Sure, co-op experience is fun and DE seems to constantly want to push that, but as with all things, there's always a dark side.  If DE can find that sweet balance that can satisfy both sides, they'll win more praise and support.

It should be locked behind the chimera quest and used as a reward for players who have put in the time and effort to appreciate the game and not just press the big ship icon straight out of the tutorial gate. Definitely needs to be fixed. Granted we are talking how to resolve an age old issue on a million account player base. However even just making it so u cant access railjack missions until you make your own railjack would improve the situation.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Willkdog04 said:

It should be locked behind the chimera quest and used as a reward for players who have put in the time and effort to appreciate the game and not just press the big ship icon straight out of the tutorial gate. Definitely needs to be fixed. Granted we are talking how to resolve an age old issue on a million account player base. However even just making it so u cant access railjack missions until you make your own railjack would improve the situation.

I'd disagree with locking it behind building your own. An MR lock of say 5 or 6, that'd be something I'd be good with. Even the quest locks, maybe 2nd dream. Getting your own and getting it fit well is a good endgame type goal. Joining a crew in my mind is working your way towards getting your own. I don't mind newer players if they can communicate and not be trolls. If we made it ONLY "Endgame" players that can access it, you're going to get a lot of the know it all type trolls. The "Im going to make this difficult for everyone till we do it my way" types. 

I just don't know, there has to be something that can be done. Perhaps an MR lock so that really new players can join in squads. Perhaps make it mission locked, like arbitration is. I think, at least, if building a rail jack is locked, then the joining a crew should have some sort of lock as well. I know DE does plan on adding a lot of balancing after the holiday, so perhaps they have something in mind. The missions get very high level quickly, and its not even fair to have low MR levels in there to just die. That's not really a great new player experience or vet experience. Its not good for both sides.