Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Volt Rework? At this hour?

SugoiSniper

I know that Volt is a completely viable and at times fun frame, but to me he feels very underwhelming, visually at least. He feels less like an electromancer and more like a sentient wall socket with a thirst for blood, so if anything I want to make him look more like a lightning wielding mage and less like a zappy boi.

Passive - Static Build Up
Currently it works like that scene of family guy when Peter gets a onesie and rubs his feet on the carpet really fast to shock people.
I would keep it fairly the same, expect I would remove the damage component and make it a battery, when the battery is maxed, he gains movement speed and an Area of Effect damage over time (small though), however it would make the next ability he casts stronger (and different), up to 3 stacks.

1 - Shock -> Lightning Lance
It would become a projectile and would have a charge component.
Simply pressing 1 would throw a spear and it would shock an enemy, holding it would build up its damage and when it struck an enemy it would impale them and turn them into a charge for your battery and deal AoE damage.

2 - Speed -> Electric Cloak
It would do the same thing functionally, but it would make volt levitate and have him covered in electricity cause that would look cool.
If you hold the button, it will expend a battery charge (but higher speed will mean faster battery charging), but it will also increase the strength of the bonus and power duration scaling with those respective stats.

3 -> Electric Shield -> Ion Barrier
It is still a shield that absorbs damage, but if you have a battery charge, it will be consumed (slowly) to give you a damage buff.
But the shield isn't placed where volt is, but where he is aiming and it will work like a projectile, a slow moving projectile that is thrown from volt and stripping armor from enemies it passes through, if it is recast while aiming at an existing barrier the barrier will be pulled towards volt dealing damage to enemies if they were ionized.

4 - Overload
It would remain the same, except it would work like an explosion,  fast moving and heavy in damage, it would also make his 1 bounce between enemies while dealing additional damage every time it bounced. It would also discharge his remaining battery, with each full charge increasing the range and damage of the ability.
Let me know what you think, it is unnecessary, but also a cool re-imagining of what volt could do.

Idk, i think volts visual abilities are quite pleasing. His passive goes unnoticed by me though (so id like that to be changed) and his 1st ability cost too much energy for its small use. Its been made more clear to me how weapons outperform warframe abilities a lot more nowadays, and volts first ability is a good example of something not worth using over your weapons

I like your idea of a battery, but i dont the additions you made to the abilities using the battery. I think it would be nice if the battery worked as an extra energy source for his 1st and 2nd abilities. 

Im also not feeling your first, second and third ideas because i feel that theyre just too unnecessary and i feel volt is flashy enough.

3 hours ago, SugoiPotato said:

it is unnecessary, but also a cool re-imagining of what volt could do.

To each their own

Got me thinking though, we still dont have a instant hack warframe, Volt deals with electricity, consoles are electronics, yada yada yada. His First ability should instant hack consolse, delay the timer, and/or prevent enemies from turning on alarms

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

On 2019-12-23 at 4:55 AM, SugoiPotato said:

I know that Volt is a completely viable and at times fun frame, but to me he feels very underwhelming, visually at least. He feels less like an electromancer and more like a sentient wall socket with a thirst for blood, so if anything I want to make him look more like a lightning wielding mage and less like a zappy boi.

Passive - Static Build Up
Currently it works like that scene of family guy when Peter gets a onesie and rubs his feet on the carpet really fast to shock people.
I would keep it fairly the same, expect I would remove the damage component and make it a battery, when the battery is maxed, he gains movement speed and an Area of Effect damage over time (small though), however it would make the next ability he casts stronger (and different), up to 3 stacks.

1 - Shock -> Lightning Lance
It would become a projectile and would have a charge component.
Simply pressing 1 would throw a spear and it would shock an enemy, holding it would build up its damage and when it struck an enemy it would impale them and turn them into a charge for your battery and deal AoE damage.

2 - Speed -> Electric Cloak
It would do the same thing functionally, but it would make volt levitate and have him covered in electricity cause that would look cool.
If you hold the button, it will expend a battery charge (but higher speed will mean faster battery charging), but it will also increase the strength of the bonus and power duration scaling with those respective stats.

3 -> Electric Shield -> Ion Barrier
It is still a shield that absorbs damage, but if you have a battery charge, it will be consumed (slowly) to give you a damage buff.
But the shield isn't placed where volt is, but where he is aiming and it will work like a projectile, a slow moving projectile that is thrown from volt and stripping armor from enemies it passes through, if it is recast while aiming at an existing barrier the barrier will be pulled towards volt dealing damage to enemies if they were ionized.

4 - Overload
It would remain the same, except it would work like an explosion,  fast moving and heavy in damage, it would also make his 1 bounce between enemies while dealing additional damage every time it bounced. It would also discharge his remaining battery, with each full charge increasing the range and damage of the ability.
Let me know what you think, it is unnecessary, but also a cool re-imagining of what volt could do.

I took a different approach and thought up of ways his abilities could be used more like superheroes who use electricity, my examples being Thor and Flash.