Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary onslaught needs a seperate queue for players that want to reach zone 8

PollexMessier

I cannot stress this enough. Every time I need to run sanctuary onslaught for any reason I get infuriated by the fact that maybe one out of every 10 runs I get any teamates that progress past zone 4 with me. Sure its easy enough to get to zone 8 solo for the rewards themselves, but soloing ABSOLUTELY TANKS your affinity gain (on top of making it a lot easier for you to die, and thus lose affinity that way). I'd say the issue is with the way affinity is distributed, and make a post about that instead because it is a problem, but it's been that way for so long I don't see DE ever doing anything about it, and really its not nearly as big of a problem in any other game mode as it is in this one.

Don't even suggest to me going to recruitment chat or getting friends together, anyone who's ever tried to do that knows that it does not work. It takes hours getting a full team for ESO through recruitment chat, assuming nobody leaves after you've recruited them, then ether one or all of them leave after one run and you have to do it again, and that's just not viable. Or assuming you even have 3 friends that play this game, chances that they'll all get enough benefit from eso to agree and they're are all available to do it at the same time is next to nothing.

Ether I'm wasting time by not going to zone 8 because I STILL need drops from it despite doing this S#&$ hundreds of times already, or I'm wasting time by going to zone 8 because no one else ever goes that far and so I'm missing out on like 80% of the affinity for focus or if I'm also trying to level something. This game mode is enough of a horrendous chore without this one BIG glaring problem.

The only solution I can see to this problem, is having a separate queue exclusively for players that want to reach zone 8 and get to that rotation C reward pool. This queue would need to count as a mission failure to any players that leave before zone 8 to severely discourage that behavior in this queue, and encourage you to actually have a viable setup, so people at least don't always end up with an entire team of complete lechers

Alternatively, you could make it so every zone is a loot rotation, and make it so every subsequent zone past zone 4 also rewards you from reward pool C. I'd find the same AABBC-  pattern arbitrations has perfectly acceptable. This would easily eliminate both problems entirely. But it's been so long since it's release I know that's not gonna happen ether.

10 minutes ago, Horonelius said:

Im sorry that you are so against effort on your own part that you instead want to force DE to make make a game system EXCLUSIVELY for a long run of something.

Do explain to me how the 20+ times I'v spent over an hour trying to get a group for this and ended up giving up because I got no one was a valuable use of my time.

Or how to get a group of friends that happen to always want to do this at the exact same time I do, when I can barely even get any of my friends to want to play this game more more than 2 hours total.

Edited by PollexMessier
spelling

40 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Do explain to me how the 20+ times I'v spent over an hour trying to get a group for this and ended up giving up because I got no one was a valuable use of my time.

Or how to get a group of friends that happen to always want to do this at the exact same time I do, when I can barely even get any of my friends to want to play this game more more than 2 hours total.

What server are you on?  The times where I've had to get an ESO group together it took me no more than 10 minutes, usually around 4 minutes.  And that was getting 3 people from recruitment chat.  It still comes down to one thing - if you head into public matches then don't have any expectations, and if you have expectations then find people who have the same expectations as you.  You either need to lose those expectations and just run multiple pugs, grit your teeth and recruit, or try another method of achieving what you're wanting to achieve.  If you can't find people in recruit who want to run 8 rounds and the people you meet in public matchmaking don't want to run 8 rounds, then what makes you think you won't be waiting 20+ minutes for a public group where it forces you to run 8 rounds?

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
removed unnecessary comma

12 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

What server are you on?  The times where I've had to get an ESO group together it took me no more than 10 minutes, usually around 4 minutes.  And that was getting 3 people from recruitment chat.  It still comes down to one thing - if you head into public matches then don't have any expectations, and if you have expectations then find people who have the same expectations as you.  You either need to lose those expectations and just run multiple pugs, grit your teeth and recruit, or try another method of achieving what you're wanting to achieve.  If you can't find people in recruit who want to run 8 rounds and the people you meet in public matchmaking don't want to run 8 rounds, then what makes you think you won't be waiting 20+ minutes for a public group where it forces you to run 8 rounds?

what makes me think so is exactly the same thing that makes the tridolan que effective.
Recruitment takes time, time that people don't have, or want to spend staring at the in game chat opposed to actually playing the game. A lot of players who want to go to 8 ether run pub and keep going after everyone else has bailed, which is why you get that 1/10 chance of ending up with a player that actually goes that far with you if you're also doing that, or they just run solo, instead of wasting more of their time in recruitment than they would just running with randos. Recruiting is only slow because only a small percentage of people actually want to deal with the hassle. Just because no ones ever recruiting doesn't mean it'll be hard to find a group if the game provided an automatic solution. It's exactly the same function as the tridolan or exploiter ques. They don't need to exist, but they do because of just how much of a convenience they offer.

most endless game modes don't need this, because ether the only reason worth doing them is to reach drop table C, all the drop tables have something you want (like relics), or there is no good drops in the reward table and you're doing it for some other reason.

Sanctuary onslaught is different because it's both. Without any effective option to separate players by their priorities it causes dissonance between the players that want one thing or the other.

It would not be so difficult to add a feature to pre-select a minimal number or rounds or minutes for all endless missions, so it would join players with similar expectations. For those that will reply (again) that the chat is the ultimate solution, remind those times when you needed to farm void traces and entered the only endless available that is about to expire, so no time to go to chat. And on the end of the fist rotation, you are left alone with no reason whatsoever, because there were available some capture or exterminate or sabotage, but those lovely pub teammates decided to make the endless for an A rotation (and you wonder why, because the others were faster to finish).

This is not the first time I mention this on this forum, and all of the time I got tons of negative replies, so here we go again.

On 2019-12-25 at 9:51 AM, PollexMessier said:

Alternatively, you could make it so every zone is a loot rotation, and make it so every subsequent zone past zone 4 also rewards you from reward pool C. I'd find the same AABBC-  pattern arbitrations has perfectly acceptable. This would easily eliminate both problems entirely. But it's been so long since it's release I know that's not gonna happen ether.

This is just what we need.... so i could finally have a chance to find that uynexistent fire ephemera...

There just isn't enough players shooting for zone 8 to warrant a separate queue.

ESO has been murdered by leaches waiting for teammates to level weapons for them. Maybe the real fix is changing the affinity system to incentivize actually playing the game.

Edited by Zectico