Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30 capacity for wreckage?

--K--Sharkfin

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:02 AM, SHArK-FiN said:

There are only 30 capacity for wreckage, is this a joke

I really wish it was.

30 is far too low, but the real kicker is that it doesn't even tell you it's going to auto-salvage anything else you get. if you happen to get a good reactor as a 31st drop, tough luck, it's gone. that's just wrong. and just to add insult to injury, if you think "ok, I'll start scrapping, you have to click on each item individually then click on scrap; why is the Railjack UI total a$$ when other UIs in the game are much better? because it was rushed I suppose.

DE has a lot to fix when they get back..

One of the things I like(d) most about Warframe is not having to ever manage my inventory.

I could go months accumulating mods and any inventory items I come across and not have to worry about it EVER. No need to constantly repair gear, and no items that take up valuable space.

With Rivens they are at least acquired at a very slow rate and the slots to hold the rivens are shared between identified and unidentified ones,

Very unlike how wreckage is being handled. Paying for wreckage slots (as many have stated) doesn't increase your ability to hold beyond 30 unrepaired wreckage.

A) Wreckage:

Wreckage feels it's gone too far and actually feels worse than managing weapon inventory in Anthem!

1) You have to press tab on each item after clicking it to see its stats.

2) The unrepaired wreckage slots can't be increased beyond 30.

If you are holding on to 1 of each component, 2 of each armament and premium items; you probably have around 20 slots occupied.

This means within 2-4 missions you must manage this inventory again to deal with the remaining 10 slots you have available.

Therefore to be safe you end up managing your inventory after every mission!

B) Payload:

Additionally having to go back to the dojo to resupply the railjack's payload using your inventory instead of the refinement cache also imposes more intrusive inventory management.

Why can't the payload be restocked from your inventory after the mission is over, before the next mission is started, instead of going to the dojo?

C) Breaking Up Gameplay & Groups:

It felt / sounded like the idea was to allow players to seamlessly go between missions with their premade or pug groups with railjack. Hence the presence of the navigation console in the railjack.

You know, to get right back into the action, after your group has had a good run.

Potentailly causing players to stick together for longer than a single mission, so that they are more likely to form relationships and want to play the game more.

(There are so many aspects of the game that seem to be disincentivizing players to play together now. Especially the Kuva Lich system.)

But it's almost useless if your inventory practically mandates that the group after every mission should break up or take a break to:

1) Manage their wreckage inventory.

2) Restock the ship with baseline supplies that were used during the mission.

I really hope DE severely reins in this inventory management or purges it from existence, so we can once again focus on the action in warframe.

Solutions:

The biggest issues are with the wreckage system so I'll state some solutions for that here.

a) Greatly reduce or remove the random stats from components and armaments, so that the data size is far less.

-Right now The Vidar Reactor Mk III ranges between 30 (horrible) and 100 avionics. Why not instead of 71 different variations in avionics, you instead have 3 or 4 variations.

For example: 60 (Better than Sigma), 80, and 100.

The database then has to hold drastically far less data.

b) As 16Bitman mentioned earlier in the thread. Leave all wrecakge unidentified until you choose to identify (or build) them.

-This still allows for you to see what you are repairing before you actually do so.

-This will make the act of scrapping wreckage more tedious though.

c) Give each account 300 instead of 30 unrepaired wreckage slots.

-This will make maintaing your inventory a weekly problem instead of a mission to mission problem. (Hopefully there will be UI stating you are approaching the cap so you don't forget)

-You will no longer have bite sized inventory management sessions, it may take 10+ mins with the state of the ui currently.

-I doubt that a factor of 10 will stress their hard drive and query performance that greatly that this is unreasonable.

d) Invest in hardware and technology that can process and hold magnitudes more data.

-Seems unfeasible. It would be very time consuming and they may already be close to their limitations regardless. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This really is stupid if you even take a moment to think about the numbers at all

there are 5 guns, 3 houses, and 2 gun slots. If you want a buffer for large mets shifts due to nerfs, buffs' or any other change, you'll want to keeyou your highest rolls for one of each gun of each school for each slot. which works out to exactly 30 wreckage. for just the guns. Already maxed out the capacity on a pretty logical and basic thing to do

component blueprints are way more complicated as they have multiple random stats independent of each other, and with different passives. Just 3 schools and 3 components, but every single one of them is already over the wreckage capacity of the guns, plus you might wanna keep some of the side grades.

AND THEN de has gone and said that wreckage will eventually be treated like the new litch weapon system. Being able to fuse similar components over time to increase stats working towards the best possible version. Meaning you're now also incentivized to hold onto the rarer drops.

It should be AT LEAST 100

Edited by PollexMessier