Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30 capacity for wreckage?

--K--Sharkfin

There are only 30 capacity for wreckage, is this a joke?

I would understand an infinite wreckage capacity or at least higher but a very limited capacity for repaired items.

Not to mention if you repeat a mission (farm) without going back to dry dock and empty some space, the wreckage you got beyond 30 would go poof.

For example, if you have 4 spaces, you got 3 in the first mission and another 3 on the 2nd mission continuously, you would only get the first 4 wreckage and you won't even know you lost the 2 wreckages in the 2nd mission.

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)DreamyRelic80 said:

It turns into dirac so as long as you keep an eye on it it’s not an issue I think. Can be a inconvenience.

I haven't played railjack nearly as much as other people, but I already have all the grid upgraded to level 3. Avionics themselves, not so much yet, but at this pace I'll be able to max out anything I could possible need soon enough. And after that, I will have absolutely no use for dirac, which will mean it's completely useless to me. In that moment all those less-than-good wreckages become utterly and completely worthless.

Well, I'm not exactly bothered by it.

Only a couple of weapons is what I find worth using. Zekti, while powerfull, has that annoying as hell heat buildup that turned me off of them. Photors and Pulsars are also not my coup of tea, I tried to like them but... And I'm on the fence about the Cryos, specially when I dont want those Heal bubbles to grow. Also: Dakkadakkadakkadakka. But I keep 1 Cryo to have some variety form time to time.

The Ordinances? I didnt like the Galvacord nor the Militai. So only the Mk3 Tycho.

Components? 1 Reactor, 1 Engine and 1 Shield type. Taking out Reactors, I have the exact components I want and need.

So I used about... 9 Wreckage slots?

Shoudl they add anything else that catches my fancy, that number might rise, but for the moment, the number of slots are reasonable to me.

You don't need 30+ guns, reactors, engines, shields and ordanences.

The only way this could be a problem is if you haven't built your ship.

Even if you have 5 guns from the 3 houses you only need 15 free spaces. And you don't need that many guns.

Edited by JackHargreav

On 2019-12-28 at 4:48 AM, TARINunit9 said:

Considering Avionics are unlimited, I am 99% sure the only reason wreckage is limited is because of the randomized stats. Much like how Rivens have slots and Kuva Weapons don't have blueprints but go straight to your weapon slots

Kuva guns don't go straight into your weapon slots.  They go to the foundery where they wait to be claimed.

47 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Even if you have 5 guns from the 3 houses you only need 15 free spaces. And you don't need that many guns.

It is also a problem if you are farming parts without returning to dry dock after every mission.  The parts that people actually want are end of mission rewards so if their cap was hit during the multi mission run the chance to get a good part is lost.  The 30 item cap isn't on repaired weapons but on wreckage that you may not have seen the roll on.  Add to that many will keep keep 1 of each wreckage part that they are very slowly grinding the resources to build(thanks to crap drop rate for resources) while hoping for a better version to drop.

58 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

This is exactly what i was thinking.

Why on earth would you need 30 more than 30 slots? Maybe if they add more guns and reactors and stuff but with the current content 30 is plenty.

5 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

Kuva guns don't go straight into your weapon slots.  They go to the foundery where they wait to be claimed.

It is also a problem if you are farming parts without returning to dry dock after every mission.  The parts that people actually want are end of mission rewards so if their cap was hit during the multi mission run the chance to get a good part is lost.  The 30 item cap isn't on repaired weapons but on wreckage that you may not have seen the roll on.  Add to that many will keep keep 1 of each wreckage part that they are very slowly grinding the resources to build(thanks to crap drop rate for resources) while hoping for a better version to drop.

You make some valid points but not sorting out your wreckage is kind of a user problem. You dont need multiple copies of every weapon and reactor and should be scrapping the weaker versions regularly.

wish i at least got a indicator of how much capacity is used up,

The UI really is lacking in a lot of places.

30 cap seems fine to me , 2 of each weapon and 1 extra of each component should get covered.

really wish it didnt just squish all your extra wreckage and gave us the choice though.

9 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

That is fair enough. Tho you would have to play a lot without ever going back to the dry dock. And that amount of time isn't very healthy. 

In the beginning I was in for 2 hours straight a gee times but after a few long runs I stopped.

I'd say it would be a good idea to let us choose, what gets thrown out and what stays at the end of the mission.

13 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

That is fair enough. Tho you would have to play a lot without ever going back to the dry dock. And that amount of time isn't very healthy. 

In the beginning I was in for 2 hours straight a gee times but after a few long runs I stopped.

I'd say it would be a good idea to let us choose, what gets thrown out and what stays at the end of the mission.

If your hanging on to 1 of each part while waiting for resources you will likely run out of room during the 4th mission.  This is due to getting multiple Zekti parts off of the fighters filling up the capacity.  With a skilled crew and decent ship, that can be done in under 30 min.

Railjack is an entirely different game from Warframe. Warframe doesn't have random stats on regular weapons, so you don't have to grind yourself to insanity. Warframe has infinite slots for blueprints and un-claimed items. Warframe doesn't have different versions of Mods, i. e. you can't find a "good" or a bad" Transient Fortitude. All of these things make Warframe a very good free to play game. Railjack is the opposite of all of this. 

On 2019-12-28 at 6:02 AM, SHArK-FiN said:

There are only 30 capacity for wreckage, is this a joke?

I would understand an infinite wreckage capacity or at least higher but a very limited capacity for repaired items.

Not to mention if you repeat a mission (farm) without going back to dry dock and empty some space, the wreckage you got beyond 30 would go poof.

For example, if you have 4 spaces, you got 3 in the first mission and another 3 on the 2nd mission continuously, you would only get the first 4 wreckage and you won't even know you lost the 2 wreckages in the 2nd mission.

funny thing is that i couldnt claim my repaired wreckage few min ago bcs it kept telling me i have no free slots. i had a total of 18 items including the standard ones we got from the start. this whole limited inventory stuff is total bulls...t

On 2019-12-28 at 10:43 AM, (XB1)DreamyRelic80 said:

It turns into dirac so as long as you keep an eye on it it’s not an issue I think. Can be a inconvenience.

Unless the thing that turns into dirac happens to be a vidar reactor mk3.

I love how they refuse to give us an option to auto-dissolve mods, or even just a button to automatically select all duplicates so you can dissolve them yourself, oh no, that would be far too convenient. But the moment dissolving things can screw you over, they automate that sh*t in a nanosecond.

1 hour ago, Kouden said:

funny thing is that i couldnt claim my repaired wreckage few min ago bcs it kept telling me i have no free slots. i had a total of 18 items including the standard ones we got from the start. this whole limited inventory stuff is total bulls...t

Fixed items and wreckage have their own unique slots.

Fixed items start out with 10 (haven't confirmed it myself) and can be bought in the market.

Y7Rc2Rs.png

Wreckage is 30 no matter what and can not be bought.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Unless the thing that turns into dirac happens to be a vidar reactor mk3.

I love how they refuse to give us an option to auto-dissolve mods, or even just a button to automatically select all duplicates so you can dissolve them yourself, oh no, that would be far too convenient. But the moment dissolving things can screw you over, they automate that sh*t in a nanosecond.

Don't worry, mission end rewards will not turn into dirac  when you're out of wreckage slots.

You won't even see them show up at all.

Lost a vidar engine because were grinding a little too hard.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

You make some valid points but not sorting out your wreckage is kind of a user problem. You dont need multiple copies of every weapon and reactor and should be scrapping the weaker versions regularly.

Unless you want to dump 50p into every single wreckage you receive that is slightly better than your current stuff, you will either:

Keep your sessions really because you don't want to run out of your 30 wreckage only slots, or

bite the bullet and hope nothing useful drops when you want to play a longer session with a good team.

Bonus Points: Stuff that is currently being fixed will still consume a wreckage slot, if you got lucky and got a lot of good stuff at once, you better get it out of your limited slots quickly or you might miss something!

16 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Fixed items start out with 10 (haven't confirmed it myself) and can be bought in the market.

Y7Rc2Rs.png

Don't worry, mission end rewards will not turn into dirac  when you're out of wreckage slots.

Unless you want to dump 50p into every single wreckage you receive that is slightly better than your current stuff, you will either:

Keep your sessions really because you don't want to run out of your 30 wreckage only slots, or

bite the bullet and hope nothing useful drops when you want to play a longer session with a good team.

Bonus Points: Stuff that is currently being fixed will still consume a wreckage slot, if you got lucky and got a lot of good stuff at once, you better get it out of your limited slots quickly or you might miss something!

tbh they should have never made the wreckage inventory etc limited AT ALL. nothing more than yet another way to milk us cows dry

2 minutes ago, Kouden said:

tbh they should have never made the wreckage inventory etc limited AT ALL. nothing more than yet another way to milk us cows dry

Here's my idea how they could fix it.

Instead of getting a ton of weapons with random stats, they give us "unidentified" weapons, like they already show up in the missions.

That way you can have 10 unidentified MK3 apocs and it won't take up as much server space as 10 of them with random stats.

Once they're identified, they get their random stats assigned at that moment and consume a wreckage slot.

Of course it should come with QOL features so you can click "identify all" and don't have to click your way through every single stack or item.

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

Y7Rc2Rs.png

If you're dropping 50p on slight upgrades you're making a horrible decision.

Perfect components are not necessary to do all of the current content. If you get a weapon of the type and class you're planning to focus on then invest in that but save the other components UNTIL you hit that perfect roll. Even still I wouldn't invest in the components I'm using unless they offer a marked increase over what I already have. I wouldn't, for example, spend plat on a repair drone to fix a weapon that is less than perfect roll and only 5-10% higher bonus than what I currently use. 

That's what [DE]fenders on rivens get us to. Randomized stat on weapons. Randomized stat on components. Unreasonably high item cost and of course a convenient way to pay plat and skip item cost and craft time all together. Way to go, [DE]fenders. Defend these and I'm sure we will get a way to pay plat and reroll stat on my Vidar Reactor too.

5 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Also what you're saying here is just dumb.

It's a f2p game. Most of the money comes from slots and cosmetics.

Exactly, slots, for wreckage. But I will say that it might not have been clear in my first post, I was being sarcastic. I genuinely hope they don't go the route of riven slots by selling more to us.