Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boosters and Railjack

-AoN-CanoLathra-

Question

6 answers to this question

So I'm only half way done with my data collection, but at the very least it appears that the mod drop chance booster does effect avionics. So far I've killed 750 fighters, and earned 192 avionics, which means they are dropping 25.6% of the time. While this does not confirm exactly whether or not the base drop chance is at the intended 15%, it does seem to show that the booster is having an effect. I've been running the first Earth mission for this, and based on the data I have, I've earned an average of 7.68 avionics per 30 fighters killed, with a minimum of 3 avionics earned per 30 fighters and a maximum of 12 avionics per 30 fighters.

The only boosters I'm using are an Affinity Booster, Resource Booster, and Mod Drop Chance Booster.

Further edit: I've reached the goal of 1500 fighters killed. The average drop rate for avionics (for me) was 26.133% with the mod drop chance booster. Here's the distribution of avionics earned per 30 fighters killed (50 missions run in total): 3 (1 time), 4 (1 time), 5 (6 times), 6 (7 times), 7 (9 times), 8 (8 times), 9 (6 times), 10 (4 times), 11 (4 times), and 12 (4 times). Your numbers may vary, but if the mod drop chance on fighters is 15% as per one of the hotfix notes, the average should tend towards 30% with the mod drop chance booster enabled.

Edited by Darksamus224
Listed active boosters and added final stats.

This is an easy answer from DE. I wouldnt put it passed them to 'forget' to make avionics count as mods. People have said it works, but they are not a reliably source of facts unfortunately. If you get a big enough sample size you could prove it yourself, but honestly thats a lot of risk for a 500 ducat 3 day booster.

Currently working on figuring out whether it helps or not. I don't have void hole, yet, though, so it's going to be slow going while I make sure I pick up every piece of fighter loot. My goal is to kill 1500 fighters (so 50 Earth missions), which should be a large enough sample size to see whether or not we're close to 30% drop chance or 20% drop chance (because I'm not entirely convinced that the avionics drop chance was increased from 10% to 15% like DE stated).

18 hours ago, Darksamus224 said:

So I'm only half way done with my data collection, but at the very least it appears that the mod drop chance booster does effect avionics. So far I've killed 750 fighters, and earned 192 avionics, which means they are dropping 25.6% of the time. While this does not confirm exactly whether or not the base drop chance is at the intended 15%, it does seem to show that the booster is having an effect. I've been running the first Earth mission for this, and based on the data I have, I've earned an average of 7.68 avionics per 30 fighters killed, with a minimum of 3 avionics earned per 30 fighters and a maximum of 12 avionics per 30 fighters.

The only boosters I'm using are an Affinity Booster, Resource Booster, and Mod Drop Chance Booster.

Further edit: I've reached the goal of 1500 fighters killed. The average drop rate for avionics (for me) was 26.133% with the mod drop chance booster. Here's the distribution of avionics earned per 30 fighters killed (50 missions run in total): 3 (1 time), 4 (1 time), 5 (6 times), 6 (7 times), 7 (9 times), 8 (8 times), 9 (6 times), 10 (4 times), 11 (4 times), and 12 (4 times). Your numbers may vary, but if the mod drop chance on fighters is 15% as per one of the hotfix notes, the average should tend towards 30% with the mod drop chance booster enabled.

Thank you for your work!

On 2020-01-03 at 5:44 PM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

So, I know that resource boosters and affinity boosters work in railjack, but does anyone know if Mod Drop Chance boosters work on railjack enemies? I would like to know before I buy one from Baro.

this question has been asked an answered quite afew times with yes mod chance booster helps the drops of railjack ship mods