Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Is Better Than Supra

Wolfstorm18

I have the right to give feedback over any weapon I use.

Every player have this right, this forum sub-section was made for this.

Having the right is fine, but your ignoring a blatant fact that as a non-hitscan weapon it will function differently from a hitscan weapon.

Supra is a very powerful weapon when modded right.

Gorgon is a pretty powerful weapon when modded right.

Soma is an extremely powerful weapon when modded right.

Seeing a pattern here? The are all viable weapons just different styles. Supra is good for close up mass chaos. Gorgon is great at mid-range chewing while Soma is more for burst-fire than actual chain-fire it also functions at long-range but requires Crit Build to be good. Again just my opinion here. Most say Soma is the best of them but I like all three personally.

Sniping with it is impossible. I can shot small bursts with the Gorgon by a distance and hurt some target, but not with the Supra.

This suggests to me you really don't understand the weapon. It's designed not to work that well at long distances. What can't you understand about that? Two different weapons, two purposes, two different designs. There's no point having two of the same is there. One is clearly hit-scan and you can burst with at long ranges, the other is clearly not hit-scan and not effective at long range at all - unless you're anticipating an enemy spawn coming through a door and you're laying down suppressive fire that is. 

So I'm not quite following what your point here is. If you know the weapon you know how it's stronger over another or weaker.

Edited by Naith

Sniping with it is impossible. I can shot small bursts with the Gorgon by a distance and hurt some target, but not with the Supra.

You are not SUPPOSED to snipe with it. You should've known that the first time you shot that weapon.

I mean, you can if you want to, but I doubt it will amount to anything devastating.

Let me take a WILD guess

OP has a Supra at level 5 with NO Catalyst and just couldnt WAIT to jump on and illuminate us all with this amazing feedback

For everyone else :
Supra is a great weapon and worth the effort building, but it does take ALOT of work before it really shines, Mine is 4 star with all maxed mods
Forma is EASY to get now, You can get it as a reward very often in void runs...

P.S  the new Stabilizer mod makes the Supra alot more stable [funny that]  but its NOT really what its designed for...

P.P.S  the projectile flight time [that seems to get the most hate for the Supra] can actually be used to your advantage
With Shred and Speed trigger on especially you can empty your clip and shoot a huge blanket of laser/plasma fire that will all sail towards your target and hit it in a devastating volley of fire, its especially good on certain bosses if shooting them from a distance, and can also be used as a 'area denial' tactic, blanketing a corridor or doorway stopping anything from making it thru...

In effect it actually makes the Supra behave like a real light machine gun

Before puncture worked correctly on Supra, I never would have considered building the weapon, let alone using it over the Gorgon. 45% more damage for the enormous disadvantages of no puncture and terrible projectile speed is not worth it.

Now that Soma exists, the question is moot, since it outclasses both weapons in absolutely every way.

I actually like my Supra (actually kept it after it reached rank 30)!  It's a great weapon to use on dark maps where you need to clear a path of enemies.  The spread is actually ideal in that sense because it can take out the flying enemies, the crawling enemies and the normal walking/running enemies.  Just aim at the center of the group and spray like it's a garden hose.

Volt is easily one of my fav frames in the game.  And his sheild makes my Dera go from a killing machine to a super Dera with perfect accuract and Hit Scan.  Not to mention it gives everything infinite range, including Flux and Synapse.

And if you cant adjust to bullet travel time thats a problem with you not the weapon.

Ok, this is just getting ridiculous, the Lanka projectile travel time is fast enough, any faster we might as well as turn it into a hit scan.

No, it is not difficult, or hard to use the Lanka. The AI in this game are dumb, predictable, and anything but irrational, learn to predict their movement and just lead the enemies on the shot.

I can see the complain to be somewhat reasonable with bows and Supra, but not Lanka.

Thats also happens with the Lanka, the target needs to be moving straight at you, if he moves right or left you have to guess where he is going, since they are very erratic.

Supra is the most overrated weapon in this game. The trophy of the elitists who want to nerf everything and turn the fun of the game into work.

So thats my feedback over this horrible weapon.

You would have been better of comparing it to Sobek: -Kittens- has a long discussion about this weapon and outlines how it directly competes with 75000c shotguns and the rank 4 ones. There is no point in using a Supra for suppression because a Sobek can do the job far more efficiently and at a much lower cost.

Edited by LazyKnight

Supra is currently one of my favorite weapons in the game. Yes, its beat by the Soma, but so is everything else. However at close range its pretty powerful and I sometimes take it with me on void missions, even though I haven't potatoed the damn thing yet.

Nothings wrong with derra,its most people just cant aim or lead shots with projectile weps

Yeah, because its not like enemy AI sometimes causes enemies to spaz out and run around in circles (MOA's, light infected), fly in erratic patterns occasionally randomly deciding to change directions (Ospreys, to a lesser extent Drones), randomly decide to duck behind cover (most Grineer, Crewmen, Corrupted), or just occasionally suddenly decide to turn around and move in another direction (Crewmen, most Grineer, especially Prod Crewmen and melee Grineer).

I've got pretty good accuracy with it, but "leading shots" really has almost nothing to do with your skill with the weapon, the projectile speed is pretty fast so you rarely have to lead the shot except at long range, and enemy AI is spazzy and unpredictable, meaning even if you perfectly predict the projectile path, the enemy might not be there when the projectile gets there.

LOL.

Supra should be turned hitscan to compete with the Gorgon.

If Formas bps werent so rare I wasnt making this topic.

Formas bps should drop from red lockers (those opened with the Master Thief mod), to compensate the loss of Formas in broken weapons.

Supra becomes hitscan if fired through Volt's shield, and yet it still doesn't become a good long range weapon even then since it has the same accuracy as the Gorgon. Both Gorgon and Supra are only really viable in close range, but Supra needs an even closer range.

Volt would like a word with you

Oh yeah. Take the second most useless frame in the game, so you can constantly spend 50 energy every time a group of enemies shows up, in order to get a very small damage boost and turn an incredibly inaccurate projectile weapon into an incredibly inaccurate hitscan weapon. Great strategy.

I think that DE should let us test Dojo weapons before making them, maybe in a new room in the Dojo for aiming practice. 

Forma drops are already extremely rare (around 5% at T3 missions, according to my experience), and then you spend one to make a weapon that is literally broken. Already had a bad experience with the Dera and had to sold it, losing a Forma.

Supra dont hit anything, even near the target. Most of its shots are spread and lost. With the same mod the Gorgon kill the same target much more fast than Supra. Supra have travel-time and its recoil is bigger than that of the Gorgon.

Against bullet-sponge ancients, you can spend an entire Gorgon clip and he will not die yet, but will be hurt. With the Supra is even worse, because he will still be with most of its health intact.

If we compare to the Soma then, Supra turns to dust.

Supra is the most overrated weapon in this game. The trophy of the elitists who want to nerf everything and turn the fun of the game into work.

So thats my feedback over this horrible weapon.

The drop chance for a forma BP is over 30% on all T3 missions. 

Thats also happens with the Lanka, the target needs to be moving straight at you, if he moves right or left you have to guess where he is going, since they are very erratic.

I'll give him that, using a non-hitscan weapon like the Lanka becomes a bit of a pain when the enemies start going into "circle around for no reason" mode. Still, I blame the fact that the AI is too stupid to choose a target or find it's way through an open door half the time rather than the weapon itself.

Tested it again. Turns out It does not have infinite range, however, it's a bit further than double the range of Flux rifle, therefore deceptively seeming "infinite" to me. Max range with the shield seems to be ~70m, which is more than double the range of Flux rifle (25m default). With that being said, ~70m hit scan is more than enough in any reasonable situation in this game. This ain't no Sniper Elite game.

That's what I said in this thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/112766-serious-issues-with-volt/

Its a bit more than double the range of Flux laser beam.

The travel time is a bit low, especially compared to the Dera, but not something I cannot handle, it's just that, for a rank 7 weapon and HIGH costs, it's a little underpowered. Of course, I could use Soma in this disscusion but, if they are right, it will have a mastery increase. But that doesn't make up that it's build costs are a lot less than Supra. 

I spent some time getting all the resources before I had even reached Rank 7 to craft the Supra, then claimed it after I reached Rank 7. I really like it, but it just doesn't do as well as non-tech weapons, for the amount of resources you need to put in, the Supra really needs a buff of some sort to make its cost worth it.