Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knock it off with the stealth nerfs.

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Apparently several Railjack turrets had their crit damage reduced from 2.0 to 1.5, and the Kuva Ayanga lost its AoE damage. 

I think the crit is indeed a stealth nerf but falls under the umbrella of "damage slightly adjusted" (yeah i know, their wording is some politician speak) and I think the ayanga is a bug.

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

to be fair i don't think Kuva ayaya losing its AoE would be something intentional since the AoE is literally the feature that makes it worth using at all.

My understanding, from multiple people, even your self I believe....

Is that DE doesn't intend for most of the weapons in the game to be worth using or in fact usable at all.

The Orvius I have commented on several times is now literally a pointless weapon, the one thing it was good for, and in fact was really good for, is now useless because de essentially nerfing all glaives into irrelevance by having the thrown attack be considered a heavy attack instead of recognizing that thrown melees needed to be largely exempted or have a different mechanic entirely drive their use... (Just thinking outloud here on what other role they could hold) Perhaps having sidearm damage charge the glaive, and remove the bounce function from all glaives in "Sidearm" mode and have each of them do something unique when you use the charge you've built up with sidearm attacks to throw the glaive. You know the corpus glaive could orbit a target delivering continuous mod based damage but appear to be delivering a tesla like electrical blast, glaive and prime could shatter into three pieces and hit three targets when thrown, delivering continuous healing for a brief time (but you need at least three targets for the full effect) the cerata i think explodes by nature anyway, pathocyst could literally snag onto a target and jam little chitinous needles into the victim's spine and cause it to begin attacking it's allies for a short time while administering toxic damage, only the controlled target's damage is effected by melee mods and it's duration effected by heavy efficiency and combo bar instead of the usual jut having the target shooting which because of scaling issues anything that causes one target to shoot at another target is kinda moot because their damage is scaled to kill us, not each other, hence why it needs the boost, and the orvius could do exactly what it's always done. 

And you know what? Yeah obviously they aren't going to put in all that work on changing how each glaive works. Fine. But they could have atleast said "hey were about to ruin a whole class of weapon here maybe we need to handle these weapons differently than all the others in the rebalance" when instead they said "eh #*!% it not everything can be good, if our rebalance makes some weapons feel like trash it won't be the first time, won't be the last time, they'll just need to adapt." 

DE has gotten bad about having people saying "you've removed the only reason anyone would use this weapon/frame/whatever" with replying "then don't use it."

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

The Orvius I have commented on several times is now literally a pointless weapon, the one thing it was good for, and in fact was really good for, is now useless because de essentially nerfing all glaives into irrelevance

don't worry, Thrown Melee was 45-50% of my Melee Weapon usage generally - but more importantly is that all of my favorite Melee Weapons/Weapon types either were made completely useless or turned into one note beyblading tools.

hundreds of Melee Weapons all turned into one same Melee Weapon of a stick you flail around you randomly :)

11 hours ago, taiiat said:

don't worry, Thrown Melee was 45-50% of my Melee Weapon usage generally - but more importantly is that all of my favorite Melee Weapons/Weapon types either were made completely useless or turned into one note beyblading tools.

hundreds of Melee Weapons all turned into one same Melee Weapon of a stick you flail around you randomly 🙂

I should note, as long as you're not using thrown weapons for... throwing... they can be quite good. While I'd love have pathocyst aka deformed giant rodent fetus prime be a parasitic body snatcher like I mentioned, as long as you are only using it for its stance it's quite good.... so is everything else. But using its thrown feature specifically is broken. And more broken on things like wolf sledge because at least you could throw it without eating your combo, I understand they've retracted that now. 

Thrown weapons need dedicated mechanics. Their function needs to be completely isolated from the combo system. But de insists on trying to use one solution for all problems rather it works or not. 

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I should note, as long as you're not using thrown weapons for... throwing... they can be quite good.

the Animations are passably usable but very watered down compared to before U26.
if everything is gonna be so generic i guess i'm just going to beyblade everything.

• Like 1