Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations not hard and not very rewarding

DankusMemeus32

For context on where I stand on this, I only play survival and I haven't played any other game mode in arbitration; so maybe increasing the difficulty would be bad for the other game modes? I don't know.

I think that most agree that arbitration isn't that hard, nor is it that rewarding. I have to wait about 50 minutes or so until it starts getting a little difficult and it doesn't feel great to keep getting repeat mods.
I have some ideas on how arbitrations can be improved:
-increase starting level to 100
-increase the rewards and maybe add new good rewards as well
  -more endo
  -filled sculptures
-remove mods you already own from the drop table and add them as something you can buy for vitus essence in the shop (but only when you get that mod from arbitration first)
-remove the seeding step blueprint from the drop table once you get it, or make it so you can redeem it for like 5+ vitus essence (honestly this should apply to every ephemera. Having multiple ephemera blueprints is pointless)

This should make arbitrations harder, more fun, and make it feel like your time is respected and rewarded. Thank you for reading.

I mostly don't particularly mind, or I do agree, on everything. Just:

31 minutes ago, DankusMemeus32 said:

-more endo

I'm mostly neutral on this, as I don't mind getting endo. But I'd keep it as is, and avoid scaling up the chances.

31 minutes ago, DankusMemeus32 said:

-remove the seeding step blueprint from the drop table once you get it, or make it so you can redeem it for like 5+ vitus essence (honestly this should apply to every ephemera. Having multiple ephemera blueprints is pointless)

Please, this. So much this. So very very much this..

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I'm mostly neutral on this, as I don't mind getting endo. But I'd keep it as is, and avoid scaling up the chances.

When I said more endo, I meant more in quantity, not more chances of getting endo. So instead of getting 1500 endo as c rotation reward, it could be 2500 for example. Sorry for the confusion.

There are many ways they can improve the rewards too. Like getting a riven every 30 minutes wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm just tired of everything in warframe being too easy and not fulfilling in the rewards department. Why not have a game mode that's the opposite? A game mode that offers better rewards at a harder level. That's what arbitration is supposed to be and I hope DE can fix it because it is very fun to play once you've reached a high enough enemy level.

Just now, DankusMemeus32 said:

When I said more endo, I meant more in quantity, not more chances of getting endo. So instead of getting 1500 endo as c rotation reward, it could be 2500 for example. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh I see. Apologies for misunderstanding. More endo quantity is always welcome nonetheless. ^^

1 hour ago, DankusMemeus32 said:

-increase starting level to 100

No . increasing enemy lvl doesnt fix difficulty problem .

-increase the rewards and maybe add new good rewards as well

No , drop tables are already cloged as is unless you mean adding new stuff in vitus shop

-filled sculptures

No , arbitrations serve as agreat source of empty ayatans for "fill ayatans" nightwave act . I aint goona do sorties for a chance to get anasa and and maroo only offers one ayatan per week .

• Like 1

Anyone else remember when arbs were supposed to be difficult missions with no rewards?

• Then people complained about the rewards not being good enough
  • Then people complained about arbs being too hard
  • Then people complained about no revives
  • Then people complained about it still being too hard (again)
  • Then people complained about rewards are still not being good enough (again)
2 hours ago, DankusMemeus32 said:

I think that most agree that arbitration isn't that hard, nor is it that rewarding. I have to wait about 50 minutes or so until it starts getting a little difficult and it doesn't feel great to keep getting repeat mods.

I agree that it's really not that hard, although I disagree with the rewards (I have Ayatans raining from the sky).

Having starting level for enemies being 100 is a good start, although I think having another mechanic tied to it to be more difficult would help too.

• Like 1

There are lots of mechanics that could ramp difficulty without even going with a "start at level 100" approach:

• Falling off the map could kill you.
  • Arbitration-Droned enemies also ignore powers that affect you. Got a big stack of Iron Skin? Are you invisible? Not to anyone connected to a drone. 
  • Arb Survivals could have half the number of Life Support pods. Or no life-support drops from enemies. 
  • They could randomize your gear on the way in, or let you use only the specified frame and weapon that have bonuses (this is problematic, but it could always adjust based on your inventory)
  • All kinds of environmental hazards could be used - multiple ones at once, even.
  • If they could come up with the ability for the tileset to change on you - like walls shifting into new positions, doors locking or unlocking, stuff like that - it would mean you'd need to find ways to survive on your own or figure out how to regroup
  • They could impose proximity effects -- in some missions, you have to stay within X range of each other or your start to bleed health; in other missions it's the opposite -- too close together and you start to hurt each other.
  • Hot Potato debuffs that you have to hand off before they kill you (my Destiny roots may be showing now)
Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I mostly just have fun with the extra strength and damage bonus you get in arbitrations and do them to get riven mods. Not really too concerned with the difficulty.

It would be nice to get more vitus essence out of it instead of all the other stuff, that is pretty useless. I don't need endo, I have all the mods, I don't use any of the arcanes and I have the ephemera. Aura forma is too expensive to actually build.
Not that there are many things to get with the vitus essence, but at least you could use 3 of the rivens to reroll any other riven once you have all the arch gun rivens.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Deiamos said:

as a casual player I say if you want difficult.... go play another game.. this would just piss off people and it would be reverted soon after

The whole idea of arbs were to offer a challenge to people that wanted it without people that didn't like it feel like they're missing out.

Then people started complaining that it was too hard with not enough reward, so it got downgraded to what it is now.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Deiamos said:

as a casual player I say if you want difficult.... go play another game.. this would just piss off people and it would be reverted soon after

I disagree. I don't mean any disrespect to you but arbitration isn't meant for the casuals. It should be something for the casual players to work towards, an endgame sort of speak. We all know warframe can't truly have endgame but that doesn't mean it can't get close.