Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Railjack sideturrets? Need help

Tamatu

Question

I am using mk III zetki apocs in my pilot seat, as I quite enjoy using it. I see many others using cryophons, which makes me question if that's still better after the changes.

I can make my pilot guns whatever I want, but what do people actually like using/which is the best to use for side turrets? I don't wanna force people to use apocs as well if that's not what most players prefer.

7 answers to this question

A lot of people say its personal preference, and while they are right I say it depends on the situation. I like pulsar on my nose and apoc on my side turrets since the side turrets will only be working effectively if the fighters get close enough for the side guns to fire. I try to attack from long range though, so it works to my play style

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jokie155 said:

Yeah, down to personal preference generally. Apoc on the nose though, you want the armour strip on crewships for getting that 1 shot with the main cannon, good choice there.

Does this still work on crew ships in the Veil? With or without the extra damage provided by the warhead avioncis mod?

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Apoc's are the worst overheat right?

I put my favorite weapon on the side turrets but once you get to the veil it doesn't matter. Way back when Raijack was "new" people would man stations. That's how I remember Apoc's, me and another random were manning the side turrets, and 1-shot overheat we both gave up on using them.

Anyway I was reviewing my ship internsics when I had the euphony that the side turrets are the least used railjack station. People are constantly moving onboard. 

1. Pilot

2. CS

3. Objective

4. Boarders

I use to have a random pilot my ship so I could side turret & slingshot.  But now I usually pilot & slingshot when the random's can't get the job done. The only time I side Turrets is when I want to chill-out on someone else's ship 🙂