Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions regarding the Chakhurr

Sunai_Moonswing

Question

I've acquired the weapon a half hour ago, and love just about everything about the weapon. I've come here from reading the wiki, when aiming, with multishot, will it still fire grapeshot, like a shotgun, or a concentrated round? I'm afraid that in my excitement I've failed to notice that detail. 

Can the round detonation proc hunter's munitions? 

What mod setups do you prefer using on it? 

I'm probably going to try to make a non multishot build, if it handles multishot like the Talons and Castanas: multishot on those makes them fan out. 

6 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Can the round detonation proc hunter's munitions? 

Sure, but with its low Fire Rate, that may not be super reliable in actual combat compared to "just" another damage (or Fire Rate) Mod.

If you want an AoE weapon that can make great use of Hunter Munitions, try Acceltra.

Also, I find the inaccurate un-aimed shots actually quite managable / useful,
your shots cover a wider area which can help against crowds of (weaker) enemies 🙂

Dude Chakkhurr screams Hunters munitions idk what pills this guy above is taking but i dont want that stuff at all.

You can go Viral/HM on it and it will melt 165CHG in 2/3 shots (depends on how lucky you are with crits/status, it also has lots of base dmg so the forced bleeds from HM will do pretty damage). Its awesome weapon if you dont ADS it works like shotgun (dont need to aim on stuff that is few meters in front of you).

Slap that thing on Gauss and Arcane Acceleration and go wreck stuff and with HM it scales decently even at "high" lvl.

hace 14 minutos, Benour dijo:

Dude Chakkhurr screams Hunters munitions idk what pills this guy above is taking but i dont want that stuff at all.

You can go Viral/HM on it and it will melt 165CHG in 2/3 shots (depends on how lucky you are with crits/status, it also has lots of base dmg so the forced bleeds from HM will do pretty damage). Its awesome weapon if you dont ADS it works like shotgun (dont need to aim on stuff that is few meters in front of you).

Slap that thing on Gauss and Arcane Acceleration and go wreck stuff and with HM it scales decently even at "high" lvl.

hace 42 minutos, NinjaZeku dijo:

Sure, but with its low Fire Rate, that may not be super reliable in actual combat compared to "just" another damage (or Fire Rate) Mod.

If you want an AoE weapon that can make great use of Hunter Munitions, try Acceltra.

Also, I find the inaccurate un-aimed shots actually quite managable / useful,
your shots cover a wider area which can help against crowds of (weaker) enemies 🙂

You are both right, it just depends on your play style. Try both builds and see what suits you better

29 minutes ago, Benour said:

165CHG

Sure, if you're fighting Armor'd enemies at that level (which most of the time you aren't), then HunMun can make a huge difference.

But ...

29 minutes ago, Benour said:

Gauss and Arcane Acceleration

... that right there though is very much an extreme case that massively helps make HunMun viable.

There's a time and a place for it, no doubt, however it's not quite fair / realistic to claim that it's a must-have game changer in all situations.

Edited by NinjaZeku

Given that I like playing with squishy frames, as if the game were a cover shooter, I greatly appreciate semi auto weapons.

Takes me 30 minutes to patiently chew through missions. I can always pull out my melee and do it in 5, but that's not what I want to do. 

The fire rate is decent for a cover ignoring weapon. The AI also uses cover if you let it live long enough! Lol

Just to confirm, aiming down sights doesn't cause inaccurate fire with multishot? 

I already have use for both accurate and spread fire, i just want to know how precise it is at 30 meters, or when targeting ships in the plains. 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing