Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more Nova

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Berzerkules:

You aren't running molecular fission so you are not maintaining her damage reduction by replenishing null star stacks. Of course she will be squishy with 65 base armor and dwindling damage reduction. 

I might look into it. Tho I don't know yet where to slot that augment into my current build.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

THe only thing that I would sacrifice if it gets me any benefit is her 2. It's so clunky to use and any decently modded primary or secondary can be more effective at dealing damage.

Antimatter drop is one of her best skills.  Mine one hits up to the 175 level range through walls in a rather large area.  Where it goes, death follows.  This along with your other posts make me think it’s more you than the frame.  My girl Nova can get me through just about anything and has gotten me through just about everything to this point.  She’s right there with Mesa as my favorite frame.

Taste is taste, I suppose. Nova is my #3 for usage % and Antimatter Drop is the one ability I can't find a practical use for. The damage is great, and the range is serviceable; I don't need it to be Khora's Whipclaw or something. It scales with nothing, with a fixed range and damage multiplier, so I can't blame my build. It's just hella janky to set up. The difference between dumping damage into the ball to kill everything in a 15m radius, and just using my guns to kill everything in a 15m radius, is that the former requires me to stand still and look at a ball. 

Now, I don't build Nova for efficiency, so I can't quite spam it, and if I'm already standing still shooting into a crowd, I'll drop one in. Sometimes I can see a difference in TTK and sometimes I can't. But I really wish it just didn't have that awkward setup. Having the projectile follow the camera is just not practical. I'd rather it travel quickly to the first available surface and latch, collect damage I drop into it, and ideally explode on recast. As it stands I'm signing up for two or three seconds of facetanking every time I drop one. X /

7 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

just a point of concept , i have a chaos nova that can change from speed to slow nova mid mission

this also makes all her other powers fluctuate as well based on current power strength

This sounds pretty cool; if I might take a guess: the temporary 75% ability strength? But you'd sacrifice Power Donation?

10 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Therefore: no Nova for me.

Thats probably for the best considering you aren't really trying to experiment. For nova, not everything is gonna be useful, hence why some either lean towards modding for Molecular prime straight up, or modding for straight range for your wormholes, both have tradeoffs, but are good in some instances. Sorry bruh, but you can't have it all for nova. Negative stats aren't always a bad thing either, I think everybody knows that. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I think I'll be sidelining Nova. I've been looking to make her work for the way I want to play, but things didn't pan out.

Normally, I like tanky frames, frames that can eat some damage. Nova does have that, but at the expense of another thing I'd like to use her for; the mobility of her wormholes.

If you want the max damage reduction, you have to give up on those portals. And I don't wanna loose either.

An impossible choice.

You are sounding more and more like a broken record dude. 

The obvious choice is for you to try something out of your comfort zone and see what it's like to try a different Nova build then you are accustomed too, or pick a different warframe and zip it. 

Everyone else besides you is playing Nova just fine. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I got Intensify for strength and 3 duration mods. But the enemies don't seem to be affected by her slow at all. Whatever I do, I get downed. THerefore, it's better for me to use other frames I can work better with.

Just intensify isn't enough to max out her slow on Nova. And Your molecular prime isn't large to slow all the enemies you are going to encounter. 

Nova needs 145% power strength. Her slow starts off at a 30% slow. ADD 45% and you get 75% slow. Add power drift to her exilus slot. 

Secondly, get narrow minded, and level narrow minded up half way so it gives you +54% power duration. Add that with Primed continuity and you will get 209% duration with only two mods instead of 3. 

Add a quick thinking or adaption mod. You can even use a stretch mod so you don't have negative range. 

Otherwise, please stop complaining that x frames don't work for you when you aren't willing to listen or even try out the answers that work for everyone else except you.

11 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

THe only thing that I would sacrifice if it gets me any benefit is her 2. It's so clunky to use and any decently modded primary or secondary can be more effective at dealing damage.

I can't scrap that ability tho because it doesn't give me a benefit towards the other ones.

ANd in my eyes, negative stats mainly are not a good trade off.

There's nothing about her 2 that you can sacrifice. Its only based off power strength. It's also an amazing ability if you want to kill a group of enemies. A single shot of the tigris prime can fully charge her anti matter drop to kill a group of enemies instead of picking them all off one at a time. 

I don't have any augments for her. And honestly, I wanna avoid going below default with her range. It's a personal issue for me.

Augments don't lower stats. If you don't know what an augment does, you can ask. Nova has several augments. Two are based off of null star. One gives you null star charges every time you kill a primed enemy, the other lets you recast null star. 

Her other two augments give you a movement speed boost when you use worm hole, the other makes your anti matter drop capable of absorbing enemy bullets. 

That's quite the point of contention for me. Not only makes that low range her portals pretty much unsable due to the fact that it is faster to just bullet jump in that case, but I also have quite the issue with negative stats in general.

You are allowed to have your opinion of negative stats, but you are completely wrong about her portals. Warframe is already a game about unlimited mobility. Even after shrinking her worm hole range, they are still fully functional and teleport you instantly. You can use them with your unlimited mobility for convenience, and shorter range makes you slam into walls on tile sets less. You have less range for more control where you are going, but if one cast isn't enough you can always cast more, or simply bullet jump and get to the same location fast enough.

Maybe, but if she stays so squishy or forces me to abandon her mobility, I don't see any future for me using her.

I don't see much a future of warframe for you. 

You complain that X doesn't work for you, so people give you a huge variety and selection of options for you to fix it. These are people who have played the game longer then you, who have done different content then you. 

It's as if you have a flat tire on your car. You want your car to function, and other people who have the same car are doing everything you want your own car to do. But instead of replacing your own flat tire, and getting your car to do what you want it to do, you switch to a different car. (This is an analogy. Instead of fixing your mods and trying something different, you complain about something that works fine for damn near everyone else.) 

• Like 2

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (PS4)horridhal:

Antimatter drop is one of her best skills.  Mine one hits up to the 175 level range through walls in a rather large area.  Where it goes, death follows.  This along with your other posts make me think it’s more you than the frame.  My girl Nova can get me through just about anything and has gotten me through just about everything to this point.  She’s right there with Mesa as my favorite frame.

It's my personal experience. To me, it was rather hard to get value out of that ability. THe orb moves slow which gives the enemy time to get out of the way. And I know that's more my fault, but I also haven't been able to hit it mid flight (poor aim from my side)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)UltraKardas:

Just intensify isn't enough to max out her slow on Nova. And Your molecular prime isn't large to slow all the enemies you are going to encounter. 

Nova needs 145% power strength. Her slow starts off at a 30% slow. ADD 45% and you get 75% slow. Add power drift to her exilus slot. 

Secondly, get narrow minded, and level narrow minded up half way so it gives you +54% power duration. Add that with Primed continuity and you will get 209% duration with only two mods instead of 3. 

Add a quick thinking or adaption mod. You can even use a stretch mod so you don't have negative range. 

Otherwise, please stop complaining that x frames don't work for you when you aren't willing to listen or even try out the answers that work for everyone else except you.

I guess I should remake her build. Might be worth trying that suggestion.

I've been looking for stuff to put Adaptation in tho. So far I've only used it on my Wukong. This might make up for not having full DR from her 1. And when I get my hands on the augment for her 4, I can offset the part of the particles flying off. And compensating the loss in range with Stretch should be fine for me, I guess.

When I have the mods I'm missing, we shall see.

Edited by (PS4)KyomaSatomi

vor 51 Minuten schrieb (PS4)UltraKardas:

Augments don't lower stats. If you don't know what an augment does, you can ask. Nova has several augments. Two are based off of null star. One gives you null star charges every time you kill a primed enemy, the other lets you recast null star. 

Her other two augments give you a movement speed boost when you use worm hole, the other makes your anti matter drop capable of absorbing enemy bullets. 

I wasn't actually saying that. Those were two different things I said. But I guess I should have made a new paragraph to avoid misunderstandings.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)UltraKardas:

The obvious choice is for you to try something out of your comfort zone and see what it's like to try a different Nova build then you are accustomed too, or pick a different warframe and zip it. 

Yeah. My approach isn't really fitting here. I can't expect something that might work on a frame like Rhino, Nidus or Wukong to work on her.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Well, that's on me not being able to  hit that thing with my guns.

That's why the orb is slow so you can shoot it. It gets faster after its fully charged. Practice does wonders.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Yeah. My approach isn't really fitting here. I can't expect something that might work on a frame like Rhino, Nidus or Wukong to work on her.

In my eyes, you are still a beginner on warframe. You haven't tasted true power yet. If you could see what a Rhino could do with 250% power duration and power strength? Rhino Roar giving you +120% damage on a minute time while your iron skin keeps you immortal against level 120+ enemies? 

There's a point where you can make any frame work when you build to their strengths, to overcome any weakness.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)UltraKardas:

If you could see what a Rhino could do with 250% power duration and power strength? Rhino Roar giving you +120% damage on a minute time while your iron skin keeps you immortal against level 120+ enemies? 

For Rhino, I'd go for lots of strength with average range and duration (range mainly to get a decent area for his stomp). Efficiency is a bonus.

And to be fair, there are other frames that play similarly to Nova that would be worth trying if you haven't. New Ember is like a weird middle point between Nova and Saryn, lacking mass CC but coming with mass debuff, DR, and a lot of boom, as well as a couple of handy augments. Wisp has a mass stun that effectively doubles damage received, very Molecular Prime, and the weird mix of mobility and stationary area control that Nova has. Both of them also have an ability kit you can use three or four abilities from on the same build instead of leaning hard on one or two.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb CopperBezel:

And to be fair, there are other frames that play similarly to Nova that would be worth trying if you haven't. New Ember is like a weird middle point between Nova and Saryn, lacking mass CC but coming with mass debuff, DR, and a lot of boom, as well as a couple of handy augments. Wisp has a mass stun that effectively doubles damage received, very Molecular Prime, and the weird mix of mobility and stationary area control that Nova has. Both of them also have an ability kit you can use three or four abilities from on the same build instead of leaning hard on one or two.

I haven't used either since maxing  them out. Tho it really might be worth giving it a look. Thanks.

11 hours ago, (PS4)coma-edge said:

This sounds pretty cool; if I might take a guess: the temporary 75% ability strength? But you'd sacrifice Power Donation?

i have a video in youtube somewhere were i explained it , there are a fer methods now i think that can accomplish it but basic is this

strat with a speed nova and then factor in buffer mods to power strength to meet the min for slow 

the initial test case was years ago  so this was accomplished in a 3 stage using overextended , growing power and energy conversion  

meaning you can have a varied middle tier moderate to slow ish, fast and full slow  giving a per permutations of speed combination 

it actually affects the total enemy ai behavior quite dramatically as enemies end up getting trapped behind the slow while moving fast  causing grouped up pockets that are easy to chain

but as i said that was an old method , now you can use power donation and other combos , so if your interested try some in simulacrum

20 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I think I'll be sidelining Nova. I've been looking to make her work for the way I want to play, but things didn't pan out.

Normally, I like tanky frames, frames that can eat some damage. Nova does have that, but at the expense of another thing I'd like to use her for; the mobility of her wormholes.

If you want the max damage reduction, you have to give up on those portals. And I don't wanna loose either.

An impossible choice.

Hey

YOu

yes you

latest?cb=20181012233804

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I actually bought it a while back and put it on my Wukong.

But yeah, might also be a good choice here.

So Im going to give you the best advice on giving a frame survivability.
>-Multiple instances of damage reduction that overlap-<

Nidus with a fully leveled armor mod comes with 70% damage reduction. His parasitic link gives him 90% damage reduction. Those two combined give him a 97% damage reduction. An attack that would normally do 10,000 damage, only do 300 to him. 

Adaption stacks with any frame that has armor, and damage reduction for a massive boost to Effective health.