Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more Nova

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)UltraKardas:

So Im going to give you the best advice on giving a frame survivability.
>-Multiple instances of damage reduction that overlap-<

Nidus with a fully leveled armor mod comes with 70% damage reduction. His parasitic link gives him 90% damage reduction. Those two combined give him a 97% damage reduction. An attack that would normally do 10,000 damage, only do 300 to him. 

Adaption stacks with any frame that has armor, and damage reduction for a massive boost to Effective health. 

As I said before; I feel like I'm a rookie in terms of builds.

I feel that more and more.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb da_blok_is_hot:

Thanks to this post I learned something new. I've been playing for a long time and never noticed that Null Star gives damage reduction. lol wow. When did this become a thing? That makes me want to use Nova even more. 

Someone sent me a vid showing how Nova was tanking fire from a Heavy Gunner above lvl 100 just using Null Star.

Just now, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Someone sent me a vid showing how Nova was tanking fire from a Heavy Gunner above lvl 100 just using Null Star.

Yea dude after knowing this and giving you my input on how I play Nova just fine even with lvl 110's, you gotta take some of this info into consideration. I legit never use Null Star and still dominate with ease with Nova, with all the extra goodies of course. After finding out that Null Star can give up to 90% dmg reduction.... OMG lmfao. There should be no complaints from you. You just have to soak up the info and put it to work. It's all here on how you can alsoo dominate with her.... With Null Star. I cant believe I didnt know this. 

vor 11 Minuten schrieb da_blok_is_hot:

Yea dude after knowing this and giving you my input on how I play Nova just fine even with lvl 110's, you gotta take some of this info into consideration. I legit never use Null Star and still dominate with ease with Nova, with all the extra goodies of course. After finding out that Null Star can give up to 90% dmg reduction.... OMG lmfao. There should be no complaints from you. You just have to soak up the info and put it to work. It's all here on how you can alsoo dominate with her.... With Null Star. I cant believe I didnt know this. 

Well, you've possibly been doing way better than me in pretty much any regard.

As with Nova, I think, I like range on her portals too much to really lean into the 90% DR.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Well, you've possibly been doing way better than me in pretty much any regard.

As with Nova, I think, I like range on her portals too much to really lean into the 90% DR.

Where are you needing a massive wormhole range? Are you using her in the plains? Fortuna? The location that I use said frames sometimes dictate the build I would roll with as well. If youre wanting this range to use her in the plains then I can understand that, Fortuna as well. Other than that, Im not idk. I used to use her on raids back in the day. With her wormhole augment she would give a speed boost to anyone that ran through the wormhole for a said amount of time. It was very useful in raids to get the squad to run them faster. I would point the wormhole towards the ground and not even care about how far I teleported. The speed buff is what I wanted. I used her like a hybrid between her and volt you could say. I would give that a try honestly. If you're into moving fast throughout the maps, that augment doesn't disappoint. 

Edited by da_blok_is_hot

vor 7 Minuten schrieb da_blok_is_hot:

Where are you needing a massive wormhole range? Are you using her in the plains? Fortuna?

I initially got her for Interception. And here, her portals make for a quick way to traverse between the towers. And I generally see it as a good tool to traverse maps and reach points of interest like in Mobile Defense or Sabotage.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I initially got her for Interception. And here, her portals make for a quick way to traverse between the towers. And I generally see it as a good tool to traverse maps and reach points of interest like in Mobile Defense or Sabotage.

Or you could just slow the entire interception map building her with duration, then teleport to the towers every 5 minutes when they start to flash by the enemy. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Ok so non open world maps. Yea you dont need all that range when we have bullet jumping. Try her Augment "Escape Velocity." That along with bullet jumping should be good enough. It'll be a change and like all change you have to get used to it. Like I said before though, that mod doesn't disappoint. 

Edited by da_blok_is_hot

Just keep playing her in missions you feel comfortable, keep collecting mods, testing different builds, and you'll get more comfortable with her and other frames. Some take more time than others. And always feel free to ask for suggestions on builds and what not. "No more Nova" as a forum title is a little unnecessary though. You're going to make people think you want her out of the game lol.

And 34% range on wormhole can launch you across any mission tile set, you just need momentum and more practice timing that kind of jump. Unless I want to instantly teleport a drone or something somewhere across a map, I run minimum range on all my (6) builds except from speedva.

Don't give up on any warframe til you know the play style is what's bothering you and know that the min/max potential isn't going to change your opinon. Some warframes aren't fun until you max everything out and others are fun right away. There's at least one player out there who mains even the most under appreciated warframe, and Nova is at least an A- tier warframe (A+ imo) and there are a lot worse warframes to pick than nova.

Edited by (PS4)slova77

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i have a video in youtube somewhere were i explained it , there are a fer methods now i think that can accomplish it but basic is this

strat with a speed nova and then factor in buffer mods to power strength to meet the min for slow 

the initial test case was years ago  so this was accomplished in a 3 stage using overextended , growing power and energy conversion  

meaning you can have a varied middle tier moderate to slow ish, fast and full slow  giving a per permutations of speed combination 

it actually affects the total enemy ai behavior quite dramatically as enemies end up getting trapped behind the slow while moving fast  causing grouped up pockets that are easy to chain

but as i said that was an old method , now you can use power donation and other combos , so if your interested try some in simulacrum

I think that first combination with growing power would still work best. It would give a nearly a full fledged slova and moderate speedva. Using power donation would handicap the slova. Still, even morphing between a slova and a normal nova would be quite interesting. Thanks, I might try this out.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)slova77:

testing different builds

Might be easier for me if I was more experimental. But my aversion against anything that even faintly looks like fail keeps me from doing that. I mostly play things safe.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)slova77:

And 34% range on wormhole can launch you across any mission tile set

I've always been one to believe that you can cover more ground with more range, requiring less portals to go further. That's why I want her portals to have at least default range.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)slova77:

And always feel free to ask for suggestions on builds and what not.

I have been. But there have been some things I haven't been comfortable with and it always came down to arguing  about those and me catching heat. That's why I grew reluctant to even ask; relying more on myself to figure out what builds to use.

don't use a fully Ranked Narrowminded then. realistically you'll never actually have the full DR from Null Star 90% of the time anyways, so just crank it back some Ranks so that the Range is still decent.

the higher Range isn't much of a problem for Null Star either if you're using Molecular Fission. (which you should be using at all times if you ever Cast Null Star)

2 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

You sure about that chief? These level 140s aren't doing damage to my nova. 

that's because they aren't even attacking you there. it's easy to tell, by several things:

• half of those Enemies are Blinded or some other CC
  • no muzzle flashes or hit impacts on your HUD
  • you have full Shields and Null Star only applies to your Health anyways
  • no Adaptation icons and we can't tell what the one Arcane icon is from just this shot

so again, those Enemies aren't even attacking you.

Edited by taiiat

44 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

relying more on myself to figure out what builds to use.

I'm more of a solo player so I feel you. I'm about 2400hr in mission time now and 45% of that is with nova prime, 17% was with nova, so I'm a little biased, but here's a cheaper version of my favorite build at the moment if you ever do want to try it out.

Aura: Energy Siphon/Corrosive Projection (doesn't matter really)

Exilus: Power Drift

Continuity (Primed Continuity if you can get it, very worth it)

Narrow Minded (if you're that set against negative range add constitution or auger message, or keep NM and substitute streamline or neutron star for stretch)

Vitality or Quick Thinking if you use Flow

Streamline or Flow (or Primed Flow also very worth it)

Intensify

Molecular Fission 

Neutron Star or Escape Velocity (or a range mod, efficiency, constitution, auger message, etc) Neutron star paired with streamline is great crowd control and allows you to recast when the number of null star particles is low.

If you have 740 health or energy with adaptation, 75% vs 90% damage reduction isn't going to make a huge difference. 145% strength equals max slow (idk if someone mentioned that already). Less range also mean your nullstar particles won't target enemies far away, but range doesn't affect neutron star's range when you recast to knockdown enemies so you can always knockdown enemies in a 15m(?) radius.

You can ignore all of this too and just do you, I just felt like sharing lol

Edited by (PS4)slova77

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PS4)slova77:

I'm more of a solo player so I feel you. I'm about 2400hr in mission time now and 45% of that is with nova prime, 17% was with nova, so I'm a little biased, but here's a cheaper version of my favorite build at the moment if you ever do want to try it out.

Aura: Energy Siphon/Corrosive Projection (doesn't matter really)

Exilus: Power Drift

Continuity (Primed Continuity if you can get it, very worth it)

Narrow Minded (if you're that set against negative range add constitution or auger message, or keep NM and substitute streamline or neutron star for stretch)

Vitality or Quick Thinking if you use Flow

Streamline or Flow (or Primed Flow also very worth it)

Intensify

Molecular Fission 

Neutron Star or Escape Velocity (or a range mod, efficiency, constitution, auger message, etc) Neutron star paired with streamline is great crowd control and allows you to recast when the number of null star particles is low.

If you have 740 health or energy with adaptation, 75% vs 90% damage reduction isn't going to make a huge difference. 145% strength equals max slow (idk if someone mentioned that already). Less range also mean your nullstar particles won't target enemies far away, but range doesn't affect neutron star's range when you recast to knockdown enemies so you can always knockdown enemies in a 15m(?) radius.

You can ignore all of this too and just do you, I just felt like sharing lol

Most of those are already in my build. Tho I don't have Narrow Minded and I recently swapped Quick Thinking for Adaptation.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Most of those are already in my build. Tho I don't have Narrow Minded and I recently swapped Quick Thinking for Adaptation.

I would try narrow minded and stretch then to see if that helps. But also just try as many different warframes as you can get your hands on. You'll find your favorite and it'll feel natural to ya.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb taiiat:

don't use a fully Ranked Narrowminded then. realistically you'll never actually have the full DR from Null Star 90% of the time anyways, so just crank it back some Ranks so that the Range is still decent.

I wasn't actually planning  to fully rank it when i get it. I did consider to make use of those mods instead of downright refusing to, but I still wanna get some compensation for their stat decreases.

vor 45 Minuten schrieb taiiat:

the higher Range isn't much of a problem for Null Star either if you're using Molecular Fission. (which you should be using at all times if you ever Cast Null Star)

I'll see that I get my hands on her augments.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)slova77:

I would try narrow minded and stretch then to see if that helps. But also just try as many different warframes as you can get your hands on. You'll find your favorite and it'll feel natural to ya.

My current main is Rhino. He is really tanky and his kit feels so well rounded, especially if you use the augment to his 1.

I've also spent some time with Nidus and Valkyr. And I thought of doing more with Wukong.

On 2020-01-31 at 2:50 PM, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

She's still much too squishy for my taste (I'm used to play Rhino tho)

Most players who use Rhino/Inaros main's don't learn how to play Warframe effectively, my own testament. I became use to taking all damage without learning how to move and shot simultaneously or even did I care to avoid damage because I knew I couldn't die from any level 70 or lower enemy attacks. When I started using other frames who couldn't tank everything in the game they felt useless because of the condition of my previous unsinkable tank frames. The only recommendation is to avoid using those Lazy frames and learn how to play with skill required frames.

If you want to use Nova build for slow and even Lich boss are easy to kill since they barely move so you can do all you want to enemies who are frozen.

Edited by kwlingo

vor 3 Minuten schrieb kwlingo:

Most players who use Rhino/Inaros main's don't learn how to play Warframe effectively, my own testament. I became use to taking all damage without learning how to move and shot simultaneously or even did I care to avoid damage because I knew I couldn't die from any level 70 or lower enemy attacks. When I started using other frames who couldn't tank everything in the game they felt useless because of the condition of my previous unsinkable tank frames. The only recommendation is to avoid using those Lazy frames and learn how to play with skill required frames.

Any recommendations?