Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for some clarification on Valance Fusion

(XBOX)Thang Hung

Question

3. Valence FUSION
First introduced in 26.0.6, Valence Transfer, now re titled Valence Fusion for clarity, was designed to address owning duplicate Kuva weapons with different unique innate damage bonuses. Giving you the ability to replace a Kuva weapons innate damage bonus (plus investments like Forma, Focus Lens etc) with one from another Kuva weapon was a good start, but we can push this even further!

• Valence Fusion now also boosts your Kuva weapons innate damage bonus. Examples:
    • Your Kuva Kohm with 25% damage can be fed into your 40% weapon, to make it 44%
    • Your Kuva Kohm with 40% damage can be fed into your 25% weapon, to make it 44%
    • Your Kuva Kohm with 25% damage can be fed into your 44% weapon, to make it 48.4%

The above is directly from the update notes. My question is, I have a Kuva Khom with innate radiation. I would like to switch it over to innate toxin. Under the previous update, the way I understood it is that if I got a Kuva Khom with innate toxin of a higher amount than my current ones radiation and I did the Valance Transfer (what it was called at the time), mine would become an innate toxin Kuva Khom. Under the current system can I turn my Kuva Khom into an innate toxin one at all? Or will it only add to my radiation? 

8 answers to this question

From what I am reading, it seems like you would keep the original element if it was the weapon receiving the other. So if you had your radiation kohm and your toxin kohm, you would need to use your toxin kohm as a base and fuse your radiation kohm in to keep the toxin element. If you did it the other way around, you would end up with a radiation kohm. 

• Like 1

it will change to the element of the weapon you are adding
example:

if your base is a 55% rad kuva kohm and you add a 25% toxin kuva kohm you will get a 60% toxin kuva kohm

if your base is a 25% toxin kuva kohm and you add a 55% rad kuva kohm you will get a 60% rad kuva kohm

and remember you will only keep the catalyst and forma of the weapon you are using as base

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)The LapisLord said:

From what I am reading, it seems like you would keep the original element if it was the weapon receiving the other. So if you had your radiation kohm and your toxin kohm, you would need to use your toxin kohm as a base and fuse your radiation kohm in to keep the toxin element. If you did it the other way around, you would end up with a radiation kohm. 

That's how I'm reading it also. Of course if it's true that means I have to start all over with forma-ing it 5 times and all that jazz, I don't think that's what DE intended. Hopefully someone with more experience in the matter will chime in. Because if that's the case, I'll just keep my old one even though it's not what I'm wanting. 

Just now, enemystand said:

it will change to the element of the weapon you are adding
example:

if your base is a 55% rad kuva kohm and you add a 25% toxin kuva kohm you will get a 60% toxin kuva kohm

if your base is a 25% toxin kuva kohm and you add a 55% rad kuva kohm you will get a 60% rad kuva kohm

and remember you will only keep the catalyst and forma of the weapon you are using as base

Cool! This is how I was hoping it was going to work! Thank you for the clarification!

At the valence confirmation screen when you have to type 'TRANSFER', wouldn't it show definitively what the final weapon element and % stat will be?

The update notes should've been expanded for a few more use cases just to make it clear.  The WF wikia has this updated info too.  Look for the Valence Fusion section here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)vinster said:

At the valence confirmation screen when you have to type 'TRANSFER', wouldn't it show definitively what the final weapon element and % stat will be?

The update notes should've been expanded for a few more use cases just to make it clear.  The WF wikia has this updated info too.  Look for the Valence Fusion section here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich

Thanks, I'll take a look at what the wiki has to say. 

To answer your question I have yet to acquire a second Kuva Khom, so I am not entirely sure. It showed the 'TRANSFER' box in the update notes but I only remember seeing numbers and not elements. I'll double check there too though.