Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Benefit To Re-Level Weapons More Than Necessary?

Bobsplosion

Question

The title phrasing is a little weird, but my point is that I've seen people who seem to have lots of states next to their frame or weapon, but they don't... NEED them.

For instance, lets say I polarize and re-level my Nova once or twice. I can now fit in every mod I want, with a little space left over. Is there any benefit to continuing to polarize, even though I'll end up with no more visible gain?

11 answers to this question

No, there is no benefit to it whatsoever.

Its a waste of time since the purpose of polarizing is so you can fit in all 8 fully ranked mods.

Infact I've never even heard of someone doing it more than was absolutely required unless it was to have the bragging right of an 8x forma'd weapon in which case they just sound like idiots

Edited by Santaphrax

The only reason after you can fit all the mods you want is if you want to max out those mods. 

For example:

I've forma'd 3 times and have everything I want. I'm at 0 mod slots left. However, there's a mod I want to rank up. I'd need to forma and max out again to give that newly leveled mod a spot.

This is where you'll see excess. That mod could only go up two ranks, but halving the cost of another mod gave me 5 slots. This leaves me with 3 left over. 

Its a waste of time since the purpose of polarizing is so you can fit in all 8 fully ranked mods.

Infact I've never even heard of someone doing it more than was absolutely required unless it was to have the bragging right of an 8x forma'd weapon in which case they just sound like idiots

Torid needs.

3V + 1 -

This is assuming you are using this build.

Max....

Serration. (v)

Split chamber (v)

Damage elemental (-)

Wild fire (v)

AP

Cyro Rounds

Bane / Speed trigger

Fast hands (cut 3 second reload to 2.1 seconds)

And this is just for maxing out faction DPS only and not even the "best" build.

Edited by fatpig84

Some people did it and they cried for a bonus for they frames and weapons.

All weapons (or almost all) require no more than 5 polarity slots to max out. My soma is done after 3 formas.

I know some people who polarized every slot on the Acrid just for show though. Others do it repeatedly just to stack up the stars and feel special.

It is ultimately the individual choice to forma or not. My take is that in an individual formas something, there will be a reason. Even if it is "I have too much forma lying around", or "I enjoy re-leveling equipment". Or there could be people that does things "without reason", that being a meta-reason itself?

We're humans. Not all our decisions are rational, logical and beneficial (even to ourselves) :P

After fitting in all mods you want (and maybe having a few points left in case of changes for new mods/other playstyle) additional formas are wasted when looking at effectivity. Of course, other reasons than pure maxing out of usefullness still apply. For example, some people just want to watch us normal players cry when presenting us a weapon they extra build a second time to forma in 8 defensive Slots.