Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma sound effect

Briaray

Dear DE, the fact that you added a weapon with such an interesting mechanics as Bramma is wonderful - but explain to me - what the hell is LOUDER than all the other sounds in the game at least 3 times? If there is a player in the team with these weapons, staying with him is simply unbearably longer than 1-2 minutes. I play with the 5.1 system and a poor subwoofer bounces half a meter with each explosion - while all the other sounds in the game are perfectly balanced and do not cause any problems. I’m even afraid to imagine what the players feel in the headphones! I ask you - once again check the volume of sound effects for this particular weapon! Imagine for a moment that your neighbors are on a survival mission for at least 30-40 minutes at 2am on Sunday!

• Like 1

Multishot causes the explosion sounds to overlap and saturate the sound, it causes FPS drops on low end computers (my friend told me he goes from 60 to 40 fps during the explosion)

the amount of sounds should be limited.

I have had a few runs with Mirage/max multishot/bramma spammas. It wipes the audio, and it they're hosting on something other than a godly rig it's actually chopping their comp, degrading the match for everyone. It's weird to have a shot lined up and you know they're spamming elsewhere because lag compensation kicks in and everything slides around for a few ticks until IT WIPES OUT YOUR SOUND WITH 15 EXPLOSIONS SIMLUTANEOUSLY GOING OFF.

It's a nice sound, but it's also a nice sound THAT"S SO OVERSTAURATED IT WIPES ALL OTHER SOUNDS FOR THREE TILES.

Additionally, the weapon visual effects completely wipe out any visibility in the region of the shot due to fire and smoke. Yep, real combat is like that, but A) I'm playing a game and random coloured opaque blobs are not fun, and B) I'm a far future space ninja with eyes and sensors that can see through things like that.

• Like 3

Meanwhile, more and more shooters in a teams. I tried just to lower the volume of sound effects in the game options - the result - ALL sound effects were barely audible, but the KABOOM from each shot is still annoyingly loud. ((

Edited by Briaray
upd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]George said:

Thanks for the reports, we will take a look.

Adding some info, since today's patch, the sound no longer crashes the audio driver (sounds from other programs were interrupted for a fraction of a second), but the explosion causes severe FPS drops for low-end computers.

we tested by entering a mission, and i shot at my friend with the bramma, his FPS went from 60 to ~30 for the duration of the effects, it get worse the more proyectiles appear, so multishot (and mirage) causes severe performance issues for teammates.

• Like 1

so.. since this is about too high sound volumes..
what about vaubans little balls, wich made him the most annoying frame since his rework in my oppinion ? he easily removed volt from the top.. by far xD

some option like it exists for octavia would be nice to disable the sounds of certain warframes.. but the most important one would be vauban.. ty ♥

I see that I’m not the only one to report this issue. It does more than thrash my speakers. The same occurs with any speakers I’ve tried. Even when my master volume is turned down low, it’s thrashing sounds horrific. I remember they did some kind of pass to reduce the visual-suffocation of effects a few years back. This feels like a bypass to that intention, visually, audibly, and balance-wise. Disabling screen shake is no longer a user preference to me, because of that how it’s mandatory as everything about it screams “why did you log in?”

This thing is a nightmare, and fuels trolls that tote how much fun it is to spam at allies.

Edited by Woe_Prime
Flow
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because of these sound effects and smoke&explosion effects from bramma spamming players, the fun I had playing this game is complete gone. Often I just quit the mission. The screen shakes, the smoke explosions just blind other players. As I like to play melee and go up close to the enemies, bramma-users just shoot at me and I don't see anything anymore. Gone is the fun.

Would be a great feature, like with mandachords from allies, to have somewhere in the sound-settings a switch to turn off the sound-effect of kuva bramma's of allies. So all the bramma users can keep enjoying their ridiculous explosion sounds and others who not like it can just make the choice to switch it off.