Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confusion with melee mode

Yseviel

Question

I never used melee mode before. Like I'm certain of that. But before the heavy attack change I would have sworn that I ran around holding RMB and spamming attack all the time. Now if I RMB with my melee weapon out I aim my gun which makes me lose all my combo points. I asked in clan and they clearly thought I was dumb because they don't expect it to work the way I am describing but I can't believe RMB was aiming this whole time and I NEVER NOTICED. Well actually I can believe that, which is why I am asking if I'm crazy, or actually really dumb. Tempo Royale is one of my most used stances and I did not ever notice RMB making me aim before this update. Please confirm if I am criminally unobservant.

3 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, Yseviel said:

But before the heavy attack change I would have sworn that I ran around holding RMB and spamming attack all the time. Now if I RMB with my melee weapon out I aim my gun which makes me lose all my combo points.

Before the heavy attack was added back, if i remember correctly, holding RMB would put you into blocking state and you surely could attack with your melee (that is if you had equipped your melee beforehand by holding F). 

Today you still can do this exact thing: hold F to equip melee, then run around while blocking and attacking. But with the Melee 2.9997 update devs added a new way of equipping mlelee - pressing E while a gun is out, with pressing RMB to go back to the gun. Switching between firearm and melee should not make you lose your combo.

Edited by Dante