Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kill dargyn pilots before they hit the ground while aimgliding

(PSN)hypo_thallamus

Question

Trying to unlock the riven, I have tried just jumping out of arching and blasting them mid-air but despite the ride blowing up and the pilot not getting back up once he hits the ground it doesn't count? 

I have also tried using Nova to slow them on the ground then using ignis after they take off and after maybe 20 attempts I have one one kill. 

I have used supra vandal, aksomati, rubico, fulmin and can't seem to make the kills count. Any ideas? 

11 answers to this question

You need to shoot the dargyn and then shoot the pilot as he is falling to the ground. Any fast firing hit scan weapon will do. Soma or aksomati should be fine. You definitely aren't doing yourself any favors if you use a projectile weapon.

The hard part is jumping off the ground, aimgliding and then shooting the pilot midfall. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)hypo_thallamus said:

Trying to unlock the riven, I have tried just jumping out of arching and blasting them mid-air but despite the ride blowing up and the pilot not getting back up once he hits the ground it doesn't count? 

I have also tried using Nova to slow them on the ground then using ignis after they take off and after maybe 20 attempts I have one one kill. 

I have used supra vandal, aksomati, rubico, fulmin and can't seem to make the kills count. Any ideas? 

So I had to do this to unlock my riven and while annoying.  Mine was made even more annoying because I had to do it with a bow.  

I managed to do this with Zephyr who made it very easy.  And oddly enough the Attica.  Because puncture and armor.  I used a viral setup with puncture.  I charged up Zephyrs 1.  Hovered to get a vantage point and then slowly aim glided down.   I increased my firerate to but i found the attica worked better than the Zhuge. 

The travel of arrows made it much easier to clip them because they have a predictable pathing.  So they flew into my arrows.  Throwing on Turbulence with the Jet stream mod made it even easier.

Sadly the riven it gave was for the Argonak.  Tragic!

Edited by Hexsing

I had to do this fairly recently and the requirements are actually... -incredibly jank. Although the riven itself says "kill Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground", there are only two real requirements:
- You have to kill a Dargyn Pilot (of course).
- They have to be ragdolled.

What this actually means is that you can achieve the requirement literally by using your operator form, void blasting or void dashing at the pilot to ragdoll them, and one-shotting them with your amp before they get back up. Yes, it's that jank. -and no, I'm not even sure they even need to touch a Dargyn, though finding their Dargyns and blowing them up is the fastest way to find Pilots.

As an aside, those two requirements are actually why it doesn't count when you kill a Dargyn Pilot while he's still inside the Dargyn (since he won't be ragdolled), which really should count if you ask me, since the Pilot is still in the air when he dies.

Anyway, DE really should have looked into this a long while ago - it's most likely the most misleading Riven challenge, if not the most misleading objective at all I've ever had to do in Warframe, and is also clearly bugged as all hell or just not programmed all that well. Which... -honestly, I'm a little bit thankful for because as far as Riven challenges go it would kind of be a pain in the ass to do as it's written, if only because killing the Pilot still inside the Dargyn doesn't count for some unknown reason.

[Edit]: I just noticed the "during aimglide" part. You absolutely have enough time after using Void Dash (not as sure about Void Blast) to get back into your frame and one-shot the Pilot with a weapon before he gets up. It might be a little tight on the timing window, but it will probably still be 100% easier than shooting them as they drop out of the air.

Edited by (NSW)Conn1496
Additional info.
  • Like 1

I use ash for that. Just put some power strength and aim glide mods. Go near a dargyn, aim glide and spam his 1st ability.  The dargyn just has to be in your fov, you don't need to aim. Its actually pretty surprising that a lot of people don't use this method (or rather don't know about it) even though its probably the most easiest one, well for me at least.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb SmileyTenderHope:

Use Titania with her first ability, it will do the trick

because:

vor einer Stunde schrieb (NSW)Conn1496:

- They have to be ragdolled.

so my serious question: why is this epic fail description from some braindead dev still there? this is no offense! this is fact!!! i havent seen such high stupidity in last 20+ years in any game.

btw. 2 kills wasnt registered. such "challenges" kills warframe reputation!

what I usually do when I get that challenge is:
- equip the Patagium mod
- equip the highest blast damage weapon I have in my arsenal (in my case, the Corinth with a god CC/CD/MS Riven)
- run the lowest level bounty possible
- have some Dargyn chase me on the hill (so when you jump you maximize the air time)
- shoot at their back (they have a shield in front) with primary fire
- in case they survive the first shot, immediately shoot again with secondary fire, so they will be caught by the esplosion

I've unveiled several Rivens with that challenge using this method, success rate is around 80%