Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grand Thread For Animation Improvements And Fixes. [Constantly Being Updated And Tweaked!]

Aure7

Damn right! I am hoping hours of editing those clips and gifs will eventually turn into changes that I can notice in game. So far a positive reply, but devs are busy with stuff, thought they don't show too much enthusiasm.

you shall be bumped forever more good sir....this thread is worthy of attention.

i posted links to both of these threads in both the last livestream questions and the comm hot topics, AFAIK still no official response

It's confirmed by Scott that he did see this (not sure about parkour thread) But I really expected few words about it on the livestream. I am really hoping that he'll bring this up when topic gets touched when answering questions or something.

What's wrong with the rolling animation? It looks fine in my opinion.

not that it looks wrong, but faster and different animation would benefit the gameplay so you could leap further.

Edited by Aure7

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this, it's been a while since someone seen this. Rewritten everything to fix those nasty forum code peaces sticking out instead of forming a nice post. 

Please read part 2, I've put a lot of work into there during recent weeks.

Edited by Aure7

6) Turning animations when quickly changing directions on sprint?

from this7sd.gifto something like this zke7.gif
Now this one looks Ok when you don't mind these things, but it's still worth mentioning. You can see in slow-mo that she simply turns around on her leg with no other animation whatsoever, while these days it's very usual to see some sort of animation that would show you quickly kicking of into the opposite direction and countering all momentum you just had. (just like in the second GIF)

I totally DISAGREE with this suggestion!  This suggestion is precisely what I hate about games like ME3.  You are suggesting sloppy controls here.  I .... hate .... sloppy controls.  Warframe's controls used to be TIGHT and I loved it!  Now they are sloppy, and I hate it!

You have some good suggestions, but, I find this one to be so objectionable that I can't upvote.

Please, I know Warframe is under developement.  But, let's let Warframe be Warframe not Mass Effect 3 or other junk games, or Assasin's Creed, etc.  Improvements are necessary.  But, importing "industry standards" into Warframe does us all a disservice.

Edited by ThePresident777

I totally DISAGREE with this suggestion!  This suggestion is precisely what I hate about games like ME3.  You are suggesting sloppy controls here.  I .... hate .... sloppy controls.  Warframe's controls used to be TIGHT and I loved it!  Now they are sloppy, and I hate it!

You have some good suggestions, but, I find this one to be so objectionable that I can't upvote.

Please, I know Warframe is under developement.  But, let's let Warframe be Warframe not Mass Effect 3 or other junk games, or Assasin's Creed, etc.  Improvements are necessary.  But, importing "industry standards" into Warframe does us all a disservice.

how they're sloppy now? they changed nothing

Do you realize that with the right animations and coding this can be as fast as it is without animation and look 10 times better?

how they're sloppy now? they changed nothing

Do you realize that with the right animations and coding this can be as fast as it is without animation and look 10 times better?

Sure, they could speed up the animations so that the performance is not impacted.  But, would you be able to see the animations then?

They have implemented this suggestion, by the way.  Side to side movement is sloppy now and it interferes with aiming.  I may as well just use a sloppy weapon like a shotgun or Oghris, anything with an AOE, or spray everything with Soma because using precission weapons now is a waste of effort.  I'm fighting the controls to get anything done now.

EDIT:  Guess what?   DE reset my aim sensitivity with the last patch.  So, my character was sliding all over the place.  None the less, the gif of the changes you propose looks like low aim sensitivity.  So, is it possible to have the animations without the interfearance in movement?

Edited by ThePresident777