Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino needs a better passive.

(PSN)SpartanLegend_27

Plain and simple: his current passive is useless. You can do much more damage in a probably wider radius, by doing a simple slam attack with your melee, so his passive really doesn't provide much value. And personally, hearing that sound effect every 7 seconds as I leap around in larger, open areas is kind of annoying. Rhino as a frame is very good, but I really would like to see a passive that actually has use. I don't really know what to offer as an alternative, but practically anything would be better than what he has now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)SpartanLegend_27 said:

Plain and simple: his current passive is useless. You can do much more damage in a probably wider radius, by doing a simple slam attack with your melee, so his passive really doesn't provide much value. And personally, hearing that sound effect every 7 seconds as I leap around in larger, open areas is kind of annoying. Rhino as a frame is very good, but I really would like to see a passive that actually has use. I don't really know what to offer as an alternative, but practically anything would be better than what he has now. 

I’ve been said he needed a better passive. Like maybe the longer he sprints the more momentum he builds up where eventually he can’t be pulled or knocked down and he can push through hordes of enemies. 

Maybe he increases the damage from hammers or heavy blades. Or just heavy swings. Maybe the slower the melee the more damage he increases over all. 

Or just make his heavy weight mean more like add it to ground slams where ground slams create a much wider radius and does more damage if done by Rhino. Or combine it with his fourth where performing a rhino stomp in the air will increase the radius and damage some the higher he is(up to certain point). 

Either way no other warframe passive is as useless and annoying as rhino’s. Most enemies do not get that close to you so the chances of you falling and knocking enemies down is like 1/1,000. 

On 2020-02-16 at 4:15 AM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Either way no other warframe passive is as useless and annoying as rhino’s. Most enemies do not get that close to you so the chances of you falling and knocking enemies down is like 1/1,000. 

Frost says hi.

Edited by 990k

Frost's passive might be useless, but it's not directly detrimental. Rhino's heavy landings are just longer than other frames', so you're punished with a slightly longer delay when you forget to tap roll. It'd be fine for frames to have quirks like this independent of their power set, but treating it as his passive seems a bit unfair. X ]

12 minutes ago, (XB1)HERODI0N said:

Passive should have more range and lift enemies maybe? In my opinion this isn't the real problem. The real problem is Iron Skin that has no visual effects, no audio effects and adds the absorbed damage to the modified health instead of multiply it

Uh, last I checked, there were visuals for his iron skin. Not necessarily as to how much you have on you, but there is a visual indicator to know you have it on. Or there was, I thought. And even if not, that's not even a real problem. You can just glance down at his abilities to see if he has his armor up. Having a useless passive far outweighs having to look down to see if an ability's still active. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)SpartanLegend_27 said:

Uh, last I checked, there were visuals for his iron skin. Not necessarily as to how much you have on you, but there is a visual indicator to know you have it on. Or there was, I thought. And even if not, that's not even a real problem. You can just glance down at his abilities to see if he has his armor up. Having a useless passive far outweighs having to look down to see if an ability's still active. 

Yes but I mean visual and audio effect when you are in the invulnerability phase that says you "Keep taking damage" or "stop taking damage". And the damage is added to the modified health, that's S#&$

They're saying that Rhino's Iron Skin is initially invulnerable, absorbing damage, then applies the health gained from this damage and begins taking damage as normal. You can tell which phase it's in by the ability icon's counter, but not by looking at him. 

On an unrelated note, they're also saying that the boosted health he gains from damage is unaffected by the mods that increase the initial health of Iron Skin, instead of getting a multiplied benefit. That means that even though his Iron Skin benefits from health and armor mods, it doesn't ... really benefit from health and armor mods, because the initial health is nothing compared to the health built by damage absorption, which scales only with power strength.

(For my part, these things seem fine IMO with Nezha, whose Warding Halo works the same way. I haven't played Rhino much, mostly because he's just a worse Nezha.)