Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rail jack has been dead for some time now

Jackdarsan

Question

Hi all, been trying to join others in rail jack missions and finding it very rare to find a group in requite chat. 

Has something changed? Is everyone just soloing the missions now?

Or has their been a decline since people just don't like it?

Please let me know what I have clearly missed, I am still trying to get my intrinsic up and my own ship isn't "crash hot". Might just need to work on it and host instead of looking for a group. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jackdarsan said:

Wait, the host is paying for all the forging costs? I thought it was from whatever was picked up in the mission

You know what, you're right. I had the wrong impression on that. Just started Railjack stuff, so I got the wrong impression from what I'd overheard.

However, it would be nice to have backup storage that the owner and players could contribute to in the event of frivolous spending from individuals.. that was the main concern I was looking to address... not having the expenditure of resources cost the owner for hosting reckless players.

7 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Mostly, it's how players interact.
Some people have what could be very high or sometimes oppressive demands of their team's performance, and conflicts occur.
Learning costs someone else resources... There's some very real oversight there.

I have two solutions for this, which DE have not implemented... though I sincerely hope they consider them...

1. Forge costs are player's own resources by default.
Have a, "vault," of resources on each railjack that work like Clan vaults. (Players can donate. Resources are only used by Forge.)
There is a owner-only reserve that they can ration from personally... and owners can, "relieve," any pilot from the pilot seat.

2. Cephalon Cy or Samaris have a Simulation of Railjack. Your Score determines a league players can use to find matches of skill that are their equal or below.
Bad at or new to railjack? You can learn without costing players. Too good at railjack for randos? Earn the right to play in your league.

1. Do not agree with that imo, resources are picked up in mission, all you do once in mission is fly threw asteroids and pick it up to get started, I do it all the time.
2. Placing a sort of penalty on players who are not quite up with it is going to create a bigger divide on players, I was one of those players when railjack came out I had railjack built waiting for the missions to go live in there at the very start but I learnt fast, went out blew up crew ships and ONLY repaired the bright red hull breaches.

Now I fly my own ship solo in the veil if new players join good for them, if they're trying to learn I don't mind, I do it solo anyway so them being there every little bit helps, it's even easier now in the veil you can take out crew ships with one shot without avionic power ups..  just don't shoot my mini missiles at crew ships. 😛 

3 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

Wait, the host is paying for all the forging costs? I thought it was from whatever was picked up in the mission, those resources are being used to top everything up. 

Then you refine to get the remaining resource at the end of the mission (wish that was automatic since some hosts just rush to get out). 

No they don't, they are in mission pickups, unless they're are talking about back in DD when you top up your on ship supplies the revolite, flux, missiles and dome charges, though that shouldn't be a problem anyway I'd say most players who play railjack should have about 250,000 300,000 thousand in stock of each resource, I know I do I don't even look to see what I have I resupply and get on with it.

Edit: Struck out what the player kapn655321 now knows as wrong. I saw you post as I was updating my post. 🙂

Edited by Slayer-.

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Placing a sort of penalty on players who are not quite up with it is going to create a bigger divide on players

That's why there are two methods in that plan for other players to cover the expense.

A well experienced player who no longer needs the resource could go, "Here, I gave you a metric F* ton of resource. Go nuts, and keep me stocked with missiles."
...or likewise, a new railjack owner doesn't need to lose their potential earning by someone cooking off everything all willy nilly.

Edited by kapn655321