Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rail jack has been dead for some time now

Jackdarsan

Question

Hi all, been trying to join others in rail jack missions and finding it very rare to find a group in requite chat. 

Has something changed? Is everyone just soloing the missions now?

Or has their been a decline since people just don't like it?

Please let me know what I have clearly missed, I am still trying to get my intrinsic up and my own ship isn't "crash hot". Might just need to work on it and host instead of looking for a group. 

• Like 4

Most people fought through the bugs, horrible economy and or abused the affinity bonus+abort method to max out intrinsics, then quit playing the mode. Gian point is about the only node left where you can still consistently find a squad. Reason being, again, once you max out intrinsics there is literally no reason to play RJ, and if you have VH+Mk3 gear its typically faster to run solo with the artillery changes. Pub players are dead weight and AFK in turrets.

Edited by DocLouis
  • Like 1

Yeah... That's what happens when you prioritize marketing over a good delivery. Players feel deceived, worn-out and then quit. In other words, that's what happens when you start hyping a project 1 year+ in anticipation, showing off something that will change drastically and possibly even have many shown things pulled off by the time it releases. Not to mention the rushed release just for the 15-minute-fame of "Oh my! They released it during the freaking Game Awards!!!".

Now apply that logic to pretty much everything else.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 10

I'd be mostly living in RJ if the Lich system changes didn't come out, considering the bugs I like both, I run solo when farming no one really wants to sit there playing solitaire on the ship while I'm flying around crashing into everything to get resources.

Railjack is missing a lot on what was shown in the promo video, though the railjack star chart will increase eventually so sort of stocking up on all things railjack to be prepared.

Yes, I guess I'm the odd one out that despite the HYPE around railjack leading up to release, I quite enjoy it and wait for more.
Lich farming has my interest at the moment upgrading guns, only time I hit railjack is the sentient ship mission, or maybe gian point to keep upgrading but already have very high MKIII stuff and all the avionics.

Edited by Slayer-.
typo

I consider Railjack to be a starting point for a new content path. Currently a lot of players have gotten "everything available", even if they haven't maxed out intrinsics or gotten all the avionics/drops there just isn't enough incentive to do the fairly long missions over and over again. So more content will be coming, but currently there isn't enough to warrant "continous playing".

The "three space areas of increasing difficulty"-concept worked fairly well when climbing towards Veil Proxima, but doesn't work at all when you have an out-fitted Railjack and know what to do. Having to go down in enemy levels just to farm certain avionics is just irritating, no fun involved, and there is no way to truly speed up the missions.

Player behaviour killed PUG/random missions, huge amount of leechers, "know nothings" and "piggy-backing egoists". This is on the players, but the problem has been compounded by DE not coming up with a cure (that actually works).

From my point of view Railjack is currently just hibernating, and that is not necessarily a bad thing. New content will turn it red hot again, and hopefully DE can create a mission <=> squad <=> player system functionality that actually works.

Currently I am in favour of a "Captain Bligh"-system, where I as captain could kick players from my ship (the mission), remove them from the helm & guns and stop them from using certain functions (with pre-mission and in-mission "locks"). Until I have that kind of full control over my Railjack, or some sort of equivalent DE-designed system that actually effectively stops leechers and idiots, I won't do a single PUG/random mission. Never ever again. And I think a lot of players with Railjacks think and feel the same way, and that is (a huge part of) the reason Railjack feels "dead".

Another way to handle this would be to allow Railjack host to set minimum intrinsic levels (per intrinsic/slot or something) for the players joining the mission, and they couldn't "demand" a higher intrinsics than their own mean intrinsic value. In combination with some rudimentary "allow other players to use the helm/navigation or not"-toggle system this would remove a lot of the leeching/piggy-backing sh*t. Which leaves the problem with players that give f*ck-all about the mission and immediately jump ship and go for in-mission drops (Tennant/Quellor/sentient ship), but maybe you could stop that by a simple mechanic of keeping the doors to galleons etc. "locked" until the Railjack is within a certain distance (and this could also be on/off-"toggleable", allowing the host to set "the rules" for the mission in advance).

Edited by Graavarg
  • Like 1

Im 7787 and my ship's grid is all maxed out with maxed out mods and my ship has all veil gear.

Im still after better stats on gear but I totally prefer to solo or only go with friends.  

However after getting all that stuff I mentioned before my motivation is super low (The level 8+ instrinsics all suck bad so no real motivation to grind those out)..  now im back to Lich's so I can try and max out the bonus on my fav weapons like Karak, Chakkur, Twin Stubbas.   (maybe ogris much much later)

But thrall farming is also insanely frustrating and I am losing interest in that to =(

I stopped playing Railjack before I got to the final zone, my preferred role was Pilot and I was fed up with getting screwed over on intrinsics, I figured that if DE couldn't be bothered to make the progression fair and reasonable then I would just stop playing that part of the content. 

It's not like I don't enjoy the actual mechanics of railjack but the progression is too slow, the salvage drops are too expensive to repair and not really good enough to justify the cost and the whole thing feels like it was about half finished. 

• Like 1

It's a lot quieter now but I think those who do play are going solo, myself included. As was said before, my experience with playing public was people joining and rushing the sentient ship/galleon for blueprints leaving me with no blueprints, 90 fighters, 6 crewships, fixing hull breaches and any other objectives to deal with. Seems a lot easier to do it all myself anyway.

It's a shame as working in a well organised crew could be quite rewarding. I'm curious to know what the command intrinsic will bring.

Like others on here I got fed up with pub mode.

My wife can do any mission solo and once in awhile I go with because I'm still farming for the  anomaly shards (Tenebrous ephemera). She having it done so many times that her ship is far better equiped then my own.

I got my levels up to where I want them 4-5-7-6 and I'm saving my intrinsics for the 5° one.

You won't find many people wanting to play with randoms because to many times the randoms are utterly clueless. This wouldn't be so bad (we all had to learn) wasn't it for the fact that in general randoms won't listen to advice, tips or even use common sense. The last time I went out with my ship and randoms the mission was almost completed when some random decided that it was to far to fly to the ship killer platform, couldn't wait until I had finished it off and parked the ship on a 'convinient' distance from the enemy cannon which promptly resulted in a mission failed seeing that the cannon + half a dozen fighters were attacking the ship and no one could be bothered to actual defend/repair the ship.

So in general with randoms you end up having to pilot the ship, ward of the fighters, take out crew ships, ward of boarding parties and repair the ship and getting cussed at for not coming to pick them up for whatever corner of the map they end up being and on top of it they'll hit refine whenever they feel like it so that you end up without a working omni-tool (no way to replentish it) and a failed mission and.... then getting cussed at because you didn't take care of the ship ?! In short, if I am doing all the work anyways, why would I bother having someone around who will just be a hindrence ?

This doesn't bode well for me...

I took a break, once all four positions hit r5. I went back to grinding out the Lich and builds. 

Up until that point, I was joining other ships since I enjoyed that more (it took me FOREVER to fix a giant hole some jerk put in my railjack). I guess I'll stick out the evenings and weekends, just to see if there's any life out there.

KiQhSYF.jpg

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

I finished Railjack back in early-mid January (in fact, it was the day of the reactor buff update -- when that went through it solved the last outstanding issue with my Railjack).

Haven't been back since. At this point, there's nothing left to acquire or do, and with the recent changes the Lich system has edged past Railjack in terms of "things I'd prefer to do." 

Which says something, I guess. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Thanks for the feedback, that makes sense but also very disappointing that such new content can be so dead so quickly. I guess I will just have to wait for new railjack content before I can progress further. Might as well get those new Kuva weapons and un-vaulted primes while I wait. 

Actually Railjack helped me take a new look at my warframes.

When I started Railjack I had my core frames for certain missions and used them in the Veil.

Once I reached midway on my intrinsics and had 90% of the equipment I needed I decided to learn pilot.

So I went back to Earth. That evolved into learning how to solo and that evolved in running each frame through a slingshot "gauntlet".

Prior to Railjack I pretty much just focused on my core frames.

But solo running each frame really opened my eyes to what I thought I knew and what I didn't.

Eventually I got to Saturn and started the process again.

Today I see all my frames in a completely new light.   

I have a list of frames that couldn't make it past Earth.

Next those that completed Saturn.

And then the short list.

The 2 at the bottom, Harrow and Mesa. I know why they are at the bottom. They are "shooting" frames and since I primarily melee they don't aid my style.  Anyway, nowadays I focus on the Saturn Frames, I've been able to squeeze out a lot of functionality and forma etc. 

So while it may be dead for some. My view of my frames before Railjack and after my gauntlet are very different. 

I have to agree with the above, and I think I now understand why everything was time gated, because there just wasn't enough to do and like someone also said above once your ship is fully outfitted with MK 3 stuff why go anywhere anymore, in fact why even bother with the first two planets so you've pretty much narrowed what you can do in railjack by 2/3. To be honest i'm not sure what the answer is, maybe somehow let us free roam space freely instead of doing the same things over and over again??

as aforementioned, likely a mixture of Players already did everything in Railjack, or the exact opposite of gave up. not that it's one or the other, just those are the two biggest groups.

Railjack did launch with like 5-10% of what was originally promised, after all.

20 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I really wished there was  just 1 turret beneath or on top of the ship instead of 2 side turrets, in this case less is more and better. 

the Turrets literally shoot in any direction, it doesn't matter where the Turrets are, there is no difference.