Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating the best male Operator face possible...

LoriSei

50 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Awsome theme, it has great asthethics, fancy those backpacks as well.

As you mentioned putting mask on works fine, which my point here, as there is 2 options on why we wear mask in the first place? First because we like it, and 2nd because we're trying to cover it up. I'm not against putting mask on. Although what I'm trying to point here was they kept saying that "male faces are bad as if nothing changes no matter what you do", and I'm happy because, it's a sense of achievment and change the way it looks as if there's there is a variety to it, even many people think it's not.

So I tried to make the character look a bit versatile and unique which a handsome and pretty boy at the same time, well if that make sense 😄

To be honest I never bothered to sculpt the face before, invested a few mins in it now and the result below.

8ja0x5.jpg

mMIwEV.jpg

• Like 3

On 2020-02-24 at 8:13 AM, LoriSei said:

KVBzbQP.jpg

Edited: Look a like just from the vibes: Levi (Attack on Titan), Todoroki (Hero Academia), and Yuno from (Black Clover)

To think that I break the barrier of a bad design, and make it look good, and the outcome somehow pave its way. XD

Noted*

I really tried my best to make him look decent. Even we all know male faces are terrible in this game so hope ya'll appreciate it 🙂

If you're interested on the looks here's the config:

Face Config: (C) Collum (R) Row

Needs to be done in "Order"

Face1: C1, R4

Face2: C1, R3

FaceBlend: 50-70%

(I'm quite proud how it went but I'm precking Asian)

If u guys want to share your best Male Face just follow the CONFIG format.

Some of u guys might prob see this on Reddit. I also post that, although cant put image and text altogether.

DE can't into human face design, I mean, Nakak is a little girl with an adult's face.

2 hours ago, Tilyon said:

To be honest I never bothered to sculpt the face before, invested a few mins in it now and the result below.

8ja0x5.jpg

mMIwEV.jpg

Awsome and it looks great , so u prefered w/o any asthetics added.

May I have a question. Do you design it refering to yourself or a character you like, and also  do you like it a bit masculine, feminine or both at the same time?

I tried similar to yours, although this time it's the same face config on the post but, w/o any asthetics on the face. I hope this time no one call this a girl 😄

yRJBDIR.jpg

Edited by LoriSei
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

I Agree it has outdated face graphics. Or maybe it's hard to animate it.

Low polygon faces with a good topology and proper materials would look great if the artist knows how it is done, they could even use MakeHuman and experiment, that's a free tool, now consider they have moderate resources to even buy stuff like a license for Character Creator, %&^eGen, DAZ3D content, etc., there is no excuse in my opinion.

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Low polygon faces with a good topology and proper materials would look great if the artist knows how it is done, they could even use MakeHuman and experiment, that's a free tool, now consider they have moderate resources to even buy stuff like a license for Character Creator, %&^eGen, DAZ3D content, etc., there is no excuse in my opinion.

Prob no one's good at it. Just look at warframe faces XD

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

That's the thing but seriously, even independent artists around the globe can do some good jobs.

We don't know what will happen next till Duuviiri arrives, but the only thing I know. Warframe was trying to avoid generic anime faces we normally often see in online RPG games. Well they tend to be unique in design but not everyone's cup of tea.

Edited by LoriSei

21 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

We don't know what will happen next till Duuviiri arrives, but the only thing I know. Warframe was trying to avoid generic anime faces we normally often see in online RPG games. Well they tend to be unique in design but not everyone's cup of tea.

Well, when it comes to human faces it doesn't do much either, also RPG games? oh wait, I need to get some cash from the ATM machine.

7 hours ago, LoriSei said:

May I have a question. Do you design it refering to yourself or a character you like, and also  do you like it a bit masculine, feminine or both at the same time?

I tried similar to yours, although this time it's the same face config on the post but, w/o any asthetics on the face. I hope this time no one call this a girl 😄

yRJBDIR.jpg

They both looked great man. Theres just a surprising amount of ignorance and 1920s sexism here for some reason.

I had no idea people honestly still followed the caveman mentality of "man do dis, woman do dat".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

They both looked great man. Theres just a surprising amount of ignorance and 1920s sexism here for some reason.

I had no idea people honestly still followed the caveman mentality of "man do dis, woman do dat".

Tnx and although I made the characters I’m interested at. I never gave a though that people with different ethnicities also may not be interested since of the skin color and other facial expressions which doesn’t fit their criteria. So no one is to blame really XD

Edited by LoriSei

On 2020-02-26 at 6:55 AM, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I sort of agree that his creations look good in relation to what Warframe allows. 

Still the basic visual design of the Operator(again that is DE s fault) goes contrary to what I wish my character to be. Maybe having an Ubermensch modded Skyrim does push my standard to high. 

It is a bit like a DM forces you to play a character you are not interested in. 

With these kids... they are not even believable. You wake up with a Warframe as a body, later you wake up again with a child as a body--> you are a child. You don t ask serious questions like, where I am coming from? Who are my parents? Who I am?  Are there others like me? .... Killed over ...let s say 700k Grineer, 700k Corpus, killing soldiers who died in agony while their guts spilled out and cried for help . Our psycho half god Child operators,... no problem, EVERYTHING IS FINE. Because they had like a children years to deal with that,... wait a moment...

I think it is ignorant to shame people for their preferences and sorry I don t know which year I should slap on this comment to make is sound more tumbrlesque.

Maybe they wanted to avoid the cancel culture B.S.  by removing the option for players to make an attractive characters. Then the term "loli" (or "I am not into kids")appeared in chat because people complained/made fun of the (yet again) questionable design choice. Yeah banning people for using "loli" helps to fix the issue like arresting doctors heals Corona. 

With the trailer about the next expansion people got hope to make their characters adult and thus more attractive(as long players can choose I am happy with that). I think DE is thinking about that since that generate more money than those meaningless murder children with B movie dialogues( like Nora Night) .Operator: "My Warframe is strong." 

On 2020-02-28 at 6:46 PM, CR0ME said:

With the trailer about the next expansion people got hope to make their characters adult and thus more attractive(as long players can choose I am happy with that). I think DE is thinking about that since that generate more money than those meaningless murder children with B movie dialogues( like Nora Night) .

First of all, tnx for appreciating. I've never think about anything before posting, and which it came to a lot of misunderstanding. I do this, and is not because of my personal gain, and it's more likely a habit because, I like figuring things out, or came up for a solution. Which it comes to my fruition to post this thread.

Speaking of which, I agree this proposition of having adult characters as an option, or instead, to have an option to change it's height and appearance, just to look younger or older depending on the height, and i'ts only to fit everyone's preferences. But right now I like the recent fresh changes, that is comming right up to Warframe (by the time I post this), rebalancing every aspect of gameplay,rewards and weapons . No wonder why their busy, and New War and Duuviiri it's on it's way too.

So for the time being our suggestions will be held back until December I guess 😆 (If u know what I mean 🙂). But for now I'm happy to share what is on the Original Post, and use it as a starting point, to find a good looking operator of your choice.

Just contributing to the Community like it or hate it, and only 1 phrase that everyone needs to learn "Acuired Taste " in life.

Edited by LoriSei

• 1 year later...
On 2020-02-25 at 11:51 PM, LoriSei said:

yRJBDIR.jpg

I really like how yours turned out and i tried replicating it, but i can't seem to get it right. Would you be okay with sharing which faces did you use?

• 7 months later...
On 2020-02-26 at 5:00 AM, Tilyon said:

8ja0x5.jpg

mMIwEV.jpg

Hi, may i know how to this face with the new war update?? They change the options of the faces