Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How will the Shotgun Status change effect the Phage?

Zahnny

Admittively I've not been using the Phage as much as I wish I had, but when I was a newbie it was one of the first weapons I can vividly remember using frequently and investing into, multiple formas and catalyst. In truth I've not been using it as I've been hoping for years of an upgrade variant of the Phage either as an event or from another source such as Baro Ki'Teer.

Back then it was one of the worst status weapons. It suffered from both being a Shotgun weapon, and a Beam weapon, two factors which effect the way Multishot Status worked on them. My history on the changes exactly are rough, but I think if I'm recalling correctly that when Beam status was changed, the Phage either at the same time or sometime close to it, was given a status chance buff.

You were now able to make it reach 100% Status, which caused it to both benefit from the Status changes for beam weapons, along with the weird way 100% Status works on Shotgun weapons. Meaning each individual tendril of the Phage would now cause a garunteed proc because of it being a Shotgun weapon, while also benefitting from the changes to Beam status.

As of the most recent Devstream, there are going to be changes to the way Shotgun status works and I'm concerned that the Phage might become forgotten once more and become a useless status weapon again. I'm making this thread in the hopes of hearing what other players think of this and to maybe add some clarity.

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, (PS4)DemiReamer said:

im wondering the same the Arca Plasmore, giving it an 84% status would be crazy.

Arca plasmor only has one projectile, and thus will be unaffected by the status/pellet changes, so it most likely will receive no change.

The Phage deals innate Viral damage, and has six beams to load it up with. Give that gun some Corrosive and load up more status chance with Motus Setup and Shotgun Savvy and it should do a lot of work. I'd expect it to become considerably more effective than it already is, and it can currently almost instantly kill level 160+ enemies if built correctly.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)DemiReamer said:

and they said all shootguns are getting 3+x Status, its a shootgun so it might gett it....

The patch already dropped, It didn't get a buff.

Now that greater than 100% status is a thing a decent chunk of our whole arsenal (beyond just shotguns) should receive a status buff to properly make use of it (and Arca Plasmor would definitely be a good candidate). But that would be a seperate set of buffs and the Plasmor didn't receive one in particular in compensation for the shotgun status changes because they had no effect on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rapt0rman said:

The patch already dropped, It didn't get a buff.

Now that greater than 100% status is a thing a decent chunk of our whole arsenal (beyond just shotguns) should receive a status buff to properly make use of it (and Arca Plasmor would definitely be a good candidate). But that would be a seperate set of buffs and the Plasmor didn't receive one in particular in compensation for the shotgun status changes because they had no effect on it.

is there a list on the buff eatch gun got im not on PC so i cant look it up on ps4 yet

• Like 1

I was actually surprised how much dps can "new" Phage dish out. Finally doesnt need 100% status (difference between lets say 80% vs 100% status was HUGE pre patch). Mod for viral/corro with crit stats on riven + HunMun and that thing is dirty. This weapon and Vaykor Hek/Exergis are simply amazing after patch (well all shotguns were buffed ALOT actually but have to build them slightly different now).