21 hours ago, RivenHydrosphere said:

Manilladon, the paper Warframe

by, RivenHydrosphere

Link to PDF (if you need it)

Stats

Health: 200 / 300 / 500

Armor: 50

Pressed enamel*: 500 / 700 / 800

*Pressed enamel takes the place of shields. It protects in much the same way shields do but it cannot regenerate on its own and takes extra fire and puncture damage. Pressed enamel can be refilled with Manilladon’s passive. Can be upgraded with shield mods.

Alternate names

Amate [ama-tay], Vellume [vellum-ay], Papyron [pap-eye-ron], Parchartok [par-char-tock]

Theme

The use of paper in reshaping enemies, maiming them, altering their mindset, and using its versatile properties to evade, defend, and survive overpowering opposition.

Apperance

A tall, thin frame. Limbs fickle and wrapped in tightly wound strips of paper. Like a walking gilded scroll, hands ornate and accented with gold.  Wrists made up of thin boards mimicking the appearance of carpal bones of a fine dense wood. Behind the boards of each wrist holds a long and sharpened writing tool. A physique more akin to a scribe than a warrior. Undergarments long and of flowing silk, decorated with thin overlapping circles of gold. A mask adorns Manilladon’s face, reminiscent of polished ivory. Gives little to no appearance of being separate from the rest of his body. Little features are present on the mask but for a circular hole in the middle surrounded by a close repeating pattern of its shape, each repetition makes the shape taller until it’s an oval. The back of Manilladon holds four cylinders protruding from its gilded wooden-like carapace. The cylinders contain slits for which long strands of paper will emerge. Manilladon often stands in a dignified and refined pose. His left forearm contains a scroll that he writes on with his scribe when casting most of his abilities.

Manilladon’s Scribes

Manilladon holds two sharped scribes in his wrists. They are used to telegraph his abilities but can also be used as his own melee weapons. They have high attack speed and low range. Because of its low range, Manilladon often incorporates kicks and jabs into his combos to keep a steady flow of combat.

Passive

Enemies killed by Manilladon will have their corpses folded into paper shards that fly into Manilladon, returning portions of pressed enamel that were lost in combat. Paper shards also collect Ream. 1 kill = 4 ream = 10 pressed enamel. Melee kills yield double the amount of Ream and enamel.

Ream

Like Nidus’ stacks and Baruuk’s restraint, Manilladon has Ream. Ream is a collectable material used to operate Manilladon’s 3rd and 4th abilities in place of energy. Ream can reach a maximum of 500.

1st ability: Corrigendum

Cost: 25 energy

Three abilities in one. Can be accessed using an ability wheel. Corrigendum comes in three forms: Chattel, Origami, and Repossess. All of them are activated using the player’s field of vision (e.g. Mesa’s peacemakers and Ash’s clones).

Chattel

(All stats can be upgraded with appropriate mods)

Duration: 10 seconds / 20 seconds / 30 seconds

Range: 30 meters / 60 meters / 80 meters

Damage percent: 50% / 60% / 70% (ability strength)

A held ability. Manilladon stands disdainfully as he marks down the names of his victims. Enemies caught in Manilladon’s gaze are written down on a piece of paper. The paper is dropped as a totem and can be damaged by other players to distribute a portion of the damage to all the enemies that have been marked by Chattel.

Alternative ability for Chattel: Obituary

Max enemies targeted: 20 / 40 / 80 (ability strength)

Duration: 15 seconds / 30 seconds / 45 seconds

Range: 30 meters / 60 meters / 80 meters

Suicide threshold: 25% health / 45% health / 55% health (ability strength)

Also a held ability. Manilladon stands observantly with a scribe and scroll at the ready. A focus cone highlights the enemies that will be targeted. Each enemy he sees is written down quickly and extends the scroll. Enemies marked by obituary have a large sense of pride instilled in their minds. Once their health reaches a certain threshold, they will kill themselves rather than have their lives taken by Tenno scum. Enemies unaffected by obituary seeing their allies kill themselves within a 5-meter radius will flee in fear for 10 seconds.

Origami

(All stats can be upgraded by appropriate mods)

Duration: 5 seconds / 10 seconds / 15 seconds

Extra fire damage: 15% / 25% / 45%

Range: 30 meters / 45 meters / 55 meters

A held ability. Enemies caught in Manilladon’s gaze are violently folded into pieces of paper, leaving them defenseless and immobile. This would be accompanied by sounds of bones crunching and enemy screams. As paper, they can be set on fire by any fire damage and will remain on fire even if they unfold. Enemy fire damage can also set the folded enemies on fire (e.g. arson eximus).

Repossess

(Can be upgraded with range and ability strength mods)

Ammo return: 30% / 45% / 60%

A held ability. Enemies in Manilladon’s range have their weapons replaced with paper replicas and their ammo stolen. Ammo is then returned to the player and the player’s team.

Alternative ability for Repossess: Rewrite

Max enemies targeted: 20 / 40 / 80 (ability strength)

Duration: 10 seconds / 15 seconds / 25 seconds

A held ability. Manilladon targets enemies in sight and rewrites their idea of friend and foe. This sends affected enemies to do a turncoat and attack their allies.

2nd ability: Freesheet

Icon idea: A paper airplane, lol.

Energy drain: 1.5 energy per second

Energy cost: 50

Slash damage: 100 / 200 / 350

A repositioning ability. Manilladon folds himself into a paper projectile (e.g. an Orokin style kite) and maintains a quick forward thrust. His flight can be steered, sped up, and slowed down much like Ivara’s Navigator ability. Freesheet can deal slash damage to enemies by flying through them and has a chance of inflicting a bleed status. Freesheet has a small hitbox, so it can also be used to make a quick getaway.

3rd ability: Planography

Ream cost: 4 ream per meter

Paper health: 500 / 700 / 1000 (upgradable with strength mods)

Meter allowance: 15 meters / 20 meters / 25 meters (upgradable with range mods)

A mode-switching ability. Upon activation, Manilladon holsters his weapons and extracts the scribes from his wrists and all four of his scrolls open like a syandana. In planography mode, the use of ranged weapons is restricted and the only weapons that can be used is Manilladon’s scribes. In planography mode, the player can build cover and platforms out of paper. A translucent reticle (e.g. 3 meters away from the player) dictates where the cover can be made. Right clicking will change the platform from vertical to horizontal and left clicking will build the platform. Building is held with the left click and draws like a wide freeform line. Building trails uses ream by the meter. All paper trails made with planography can be used as cover although enemies will still try to shoot players through it upon being noticed. From behind paper cover, players can see through the paper via a window relative to the player’s vision (e.g. Mirage’s ability to see through her hall of mirrors). Players can shoot through the cover, but it will leave holes that can be shot through and will also decline the paper’s health. Each paper trail will be about 2 meters in width. Exceeding the meter allowance will cause the oldest parts of trails to disappear while new trails are being made. Vertical and Horizonal platforms have their own independent meter allowances, i.e. vertical platforms have as much meter allowance as horizonal platforms, they do not share each other’s meter allowance. Planography mode can be turned off by pressing 3 again. Paper trails can be taken down by holding down 3. All Manilladon’s other abilities can be used while in planography mode.

4th ability: Handout

Ream cost: 250 (upgradable with efficiency mods)

Manilladon rolls out a large sheet of paper and scribbles away before tearing it and holding it skyward. The paper explodes in a flash and bolsters his allies with the same amount of pressed enamel that Manilladon has. The pressed enamel will act as an overshield to all other players besides Manilladon.

Alternative ability for Handout: Mimeograph

Ream cost: 250

Duration: 20 seconds / 25 seconds / 30 seconds

Damage bonus: 15% / 25% / 30% (ability strength)

Doppelganger health: 700 / 900 / 1100 (ability strength)

Manilladon extends all four of his scrolls and sketches his allies – as well as himself – onto the sheets of paper. Upon spinning and tearing the sheets off, he sends three sheets flying to his allies and leaves one to himself. Once the sheets reach their destination, they will turn into doppelgangers of the players and use whatever weapons they’re using. The doppelgangers will be able to deal more damage to enemies than their original counterparts. Their appearance is a cell-shaded and paper-like visage of their original counterpart, seemingly 2-dimensional. They are especially weak to fire damage and can combust easily.

This is a very creative one ! Nice !

This is Ekun, not only your enemies need to be careful tenno...

Once upon a time there was a orokin researcher that worked in both EMBER and GAUSS he was one of the inventors of the battery system whenever there was tests made in both batteries everyone rejoiced with the results however Mr... Well for the sake of the story lets call him Mr. Ekun while his companions were delighted with both batteries results Mr. Ekun always felt that they were weak and simple... He wished for the battery system be put to be the most destructive force possible, I believe you're already aware of the LIMBO warframe happenings so I won't tell you the destiny of Mr. Ekun, while in development he barely got any tenno to agree to test EKUN being forced to test him himself with a transference bolt for about 80% of the time whenever he got a tenno to test it usually they never came back to test it again but after a long time of testing and a lot of redesigns (really a LOT of redesigns) it was ready EKUN. Now this is the last recording Mr. Ekun did:

"Hmm... I believe... *psss* yep it's ready oh **** it's on. My esteemed council of the 7 here I humbly offer you my greatest creation behold EKUN the nuke, now do not fear even though I'm pretty sure this mortal emotion doesn't exist in such amazing minds... Regardless he will not blow up... At least not now the battery system until now was only used for utility from reduction of damage to improvement of speed in its core is pretty simple excess kinetic and/or tenno energy is stored in a special recipient within the warframe for later use... However what I came here today to show you esteemed council is not another battery in a warframe but a warframe who is a battery the full test will be tomorrow if the council agree of course today I'm here just to show EKUN's possibilities and potential whenever the tenno command the warframe to use energy he will grow a little until he is in a state I like to call 'armed' when it doesn't matter which ability the tenno will command next he will blow up without fault hehe. Well as you can see by this schematic he is mostly hollow inside and he has all this red lines openings all over the body to contain and release the energy as he see fit... or not well next is what I consider both a triumph and a failure depending on what we observe you see he is kind of a walking ticking bomb if we can call it that because whenever the tenno uses an x number of energy he will blow up becoming a little shorter and thinner compared with his appearance when armed I believe his destructive capabilities are useful not only in war but in mines and whenever you need something leveled to the ground I would love to show a bit more of him but I will only get a tempo who will test it tomorrow orokin researcher ***** signing off"

EKUN's design is slightly tricky imagine ben 10 alien x like jet black however hollow and with openings all over the body so we can see he is hollow those openings have red in both sides of the openings and they create the contention field who withstand the overwhelming energy in its most pure form... Now that I think about it it looks like I mashed in my head the designs and ideas of NRG and alien x.... I need to stop watching ben 10....a32208e05a7a6581872c762d6a6bde24.jpg

Hildryn is the shield, while the pure body is Inaros

So why not have a pure energy?

• As the carrier of void energy, she has no shield or health value
  • Consume energy when attacked
    • When the energy is exhausted, she will dissipate on the spot
      • Once she runs out of energy, it will dissipate, so don't abuse her skills
        • Some eximus and Magnetic effect could be quite deadly to her
      • When it's gone, she'll condense herself after a while(This will take a lot longer than normal self resurrection, but it can be repeated indefinitely)
      • It can still move and be unrestricted by the terrain after dissipating, but it can't use weapons to attack
      • But then she can attach an enemy to speed up the cohesion
        • Even if she's completely reincarnated, she can still cling to the enemy until you want to come down
        • It's the only skill she can use after she dissipates
      • Teammates can help her regenerate faster, just like resurrecting other Warframes
  • All her damaging skills deal void damage
    • Passive: always have + 15 energy / s
    • Ability 1: gather a stream of energy in the enemy's body. The enemy will explode after being killed. If there are other enemies in the explosion range who are converged with energy, it will cause a chain reaction.         Using it on friendly Warframe will restore energy for each other
    • Ability 2: link an enemy, make him fall into chaos, and consume his life value to replenish her energy. If there are other enemies nearby, they will be linked together. Ability effect doubles enemies affected by Ability 1.          Link a friendly warframe, sharing strength and energy.
    • Ability 3: dissipate and attach to an enemy to slow them down and reduce their attack power. If the enemy is affected by Ability 1, the skill does not consume energy. If the enemy is affected by Ability 2, all connected enemies will be affected by skill effect. It's the only ability she can use after she dissipates.    Attaching to friendly forces will speed up and increase attack power
    • Ability 4: expand a border, enemies in the range will be burned by void energy, and friends will recover energy.

I know abilities aren't in this phase of the community warframe's development but it's about the only thing I would know how to show potential in an idea, aside from my own idea of an Eldritch themed frame me and a close friend have tried thinking of a frame that could fit in nowadays and would be fun to play, ofcourse anything is up to be changed and this is just a concept if anything, also I'm not great at any kind of visual design.

This is probably going to be pretty long for a single post and if there are any restrictions I'll edit it if necessary.

Here Base concept: nuclear themed warframe made around high mobility and damage potential, not much around defense, the idea would be to synergize with other frames, status builds (considering the recent rework)

Ability 1. Superposition Charge based ability, replaces the dodgeroll with 6 charges of superposition, instantly blinking (rapid dash in practice) towards the given direction, if it hits an enemy it will deal massive amounts of damage, if it kills they disintegrate Cost: 25 Charges: 6 Damage: 2000 Range: 5m

Ability 2. Molecular fusion Marks a target, making them panic in agony and drag in other enemies who will take constant radiation damage and will become panicked aswell after a few seconds Cost: 50 Range: 35m AoE: 10m Duration: 15 seconds Time to stun: 3 seconds Damage per second: 250

Ability 3. Quantum lockdown Marks a target and any around it, if the secondary marked targets are near any others it will spread to them and further, indefinitely in theory. Once a web is tethered to a target any procs and ability casts it recieves is also put on all other tethered targets, recasting refreshes duration Range: 35m Tether range: 20m Duration: 25 seconds

Ability 4. Molecular fission Targets one enemy who after a short delay will violently explode into a nuclear bomb, dealing massive damage and leaving behind a deadly area of radioactive fallout Range: 35m AoE: 60m Damage: 10,000 Fallout damage per second: 10% max health Fallout duration: 10 seconds

I'm a n00b at Warframe so I'm not sure if this idea/warframe aleady exists or not.

I'd like to see a digital/programming based warframe.

I read through about 10-12 pages of this thread to see if anyone's come up with the idea or not, but gave up when I saw there were 245 pages. I did see one person suggest a glitch based warframe, and that's sort of the aesthetic of the Warframe I'm suggesting, maybe  even one of the abilities.

My warframe would inherently be able to hack instantly without consuming Ciphers.

It could/would be invisible to cameras, but not to proximity sensors. (I'm guessing that's what makes all the doors in the game open.)

The Warfame also would be able to project holograms, (not as a decoy) but as an environmental projection to mislead the enemies or for stealth. It would be something akin to this, but a digital version in a circular wall or a hemispherical shape.

I'm not entirely sure about the glitching ability. It could be used to either glitch through objects and lasers, or to glitch enemies into thinking warframe is not their enemy and the threat is gone, or to making them think their own squad is the enemy. Maybe that could depend on the enemy type, but if neurological signals are similar to binary code or signals, it shouldn't matter.

I was also thinking about being able to connect to the orbiter and being able to teleport on open world maps, the range could grow as the warframe levels up or with mods specific to the warframe.

That's all I got so far. Maybe the abilities should be thought about again, but it would literally be a DIGITAL EXTREMES warframe if it comes to life.

PARALLEL UNIVERSE- THE FRAME THAT WENT BEYOND.

I'd like to see a warframe from a different timeline, making him unstable like a bug in the matrix. Maybe a warframe created by the orokin in an alternate universe so powerfull that ended the whole war there and no more were needed. That frame that went one step further than the rest, maybe went full transference and can no longer separate. A visitor, something that every tenno could tell is off. I'd like to feel the same I felt when I first saw sentients in Uranus, 'I don't know what that is but I know it shouldn't be here'.

Being able to use other frames abilities as sample to create new ones, like transformers mimic cars when they arrive or terminators, then shooting Mesa's spears from the ceiling or making enemies uncontrolably fast like gauss until they crash and take damage.

Titania and Harrow were cool with that failed experiment vive in the lore but you forget about that when you play and I want something that can keep that topic in mind as I play. This more of a backstory focused concept, you can then mix it with any plant-werewolf-summoner base concept for the frame

A Headless Horseman inspired frame! I like to picture him with smoke rising from his neck, his head dangling by a bit of his own spine off his hip, and his signature weapon: A whip made of a humanoid spine, with an axe head soldered to the end.

Passive: The frame's head is a sentinel, operating like any other sentinel. If it dies, it is hung by it's spine-like tail around the frame's waist, and is revived upon use of an ability.

Ability 1: The Frame slings the Head at an an enemy by it's spine-tail, having the tail impale the enemy. This will drain the enemy's health while the ability is active, and leave a toxin/bleed effect upon the end of the ability, where the Head flies back to the Frame. In addition, if Ability 2 is used right afterwards, health drain is delayed for a short time.

Ability 2: The Frame jams the Head on it's neck. At base, the Head gets a large speed and damage buff, but as the ability goes on, the buffs get increasingly better. While this ability is active, the Frame's health drains. At the end of the ability, the Frame keels over, and the Head slides out of place onto the ground, glutted. After it wakes up, it has a damage buff for a while, proportionate to the time the ability was active.

Ability 3: The Frame grabs the Head out of the air by it's sides, and swings it in a slow semicircle in front of it. A sound effect of a roar plays. All enemies in the radius have a panic and viral effect applied. This is sort of a "panic button" ability, for when you're swarmed and need to regroup, and pays homage to both Dullahan and Pestilence.

Ability 4: (While Moving) The Head moves to fly in front of the Frame, and sprouts a shadowy body. The Frame leaps on it's back, and they run around chaotically, but controlled by the player. They get a speed boost, and any enemies they run into are knocked over, and dealt big damage. When the ability ends, an animation of the Frame ripping the Head out of the shadow creature plays- like pulling the pin of a grenade- and the mount explodes, doing massive damage.

Warframe Test Name: Njord (father of the twins Freya and Freyr in Norse mythology)

My Warframe concept is explained by some lore that I wrote to make the Warframe function:

The lore:

Among the children on the Zaramin 10-0 were fraternal twins Jared and Liz. They huddled together while the adults went mad, Liz periodically sneaking through abandoned decks alone to rummage for food as her brother could not walk to search with her; Jared had been born with a spinal defect that paralyzed his legs. Jared was brilliant, his critical thinking was unparalleled and would've been praised and cultivated if their parents hadn't tried to eat them when the adults went insane. Liz's physical prowess was unmatched. Although she had never been in hand-to-hand combat before, when the adults on-board the Zaramin 10-0 attacked them her instincts kicked in as if she was meant to impact bone with flesh; she was beautiful, like she was dancing.

When the void energy burned through their bodies Jared was healed but not healed and Liz was made stronger but weakened. The void connected the twins mentally and physically so that they could not be apart without feeling terrible pain. They required a unique Warframe that could accommodate their need to stay together. The Orokin designed a frame that was inhabited by two Tenno, one would act as the "brain" and one as the "body". This frame was enormously powerful, too powerful. The Orokin were afraid as they had reason to be.

The Tenno Slept. They Dreamed....

End.

This is Mecha-based frame. The idea being that there are "two" operators inside (of course there is just the player but there is an implied twin from the story) but the Warframe has two modes: when the Twins are together operating the Mech as one and the other mode when You (whichever Twin you are lore-wise) exit the mech in operator mode.

• In Combined Mode you are extremely powerful because there are two of you working together, increasing crit dmg, targeting multiple enemies and so on.
  • When you are out of the Mech, your Twin who remains inside the Mech not only continues to fight but provides buffs to you in your operator mode. 

So, the basic idea is there but my thinking is that, whatever gender the player's operator is can take the place of either Jared or Liz in the lore and the names can maybe change if the player has named their Tenno. I had the possible idea of using Transference so that one Twin occupies the brain while being in the Somatic Link on the ship and the other Twin is the body as the operator inside the Warframe...so I think the concept could work in several ways.

Glaucus (inspired by the animal Glaucus atlanticus, also called Blue Angel). A beautiful but deadly slug, she relies on her cerata and inflicts status. Glaucus uses her enemies to get stronger while slowly killing them.

I know it says you aren't considering abilities during this design phase but I'm sharing them to convey the theme I have in mind which otherwise could be difficult to imagine.

Passive: 30% chance of paralyzing enemy upon contact.

Ability 1: Shoots a ceras to sting an enemy, drops an energy orb out of pain.
[Picking up the animal can result in a painful sting.]

Ability 2: Purifies the area, allies and self of status effects and replenishes % health.

Ability 3: Glaucus absorbs incoming damage to receive a 50% damage reduction. Well nourished she gains additional status chance for her weapons and after absorbing X amount of damage (scaling with enemy level), the next ceras emitted by 4th ability is able to apply 3 viral status effects, and its cloud after explosion additionally deals Y% of X damage.
[The Glaucus atlanticus is able to swallow the venomous nematocysts from siphonophores.]

Ability 4: Cerata (number of cerata is affected by power strength) swim out inflicting enemies with viral. Once a ceras has reached an enemy it dies leaving behind a cloud of it's poison dealing damage to every enemy getting into contact.

A jojo or “stand” theme warframe 

it’s a warframe that has a mimic/ persona type of being behind him when casting abilities 

Exalted weapon is the mimic itself and can be modded to increase health, damage etc.

(Single cast ability hold to rotate)

1st ability can be rotated between 3 variations of the ability:

*mimic assumes a stance that increases weapon damage and fire rate

*mimic assumes stance that increase allies damage within range

*mimic assumes stance that heals allies statuses and heals them slightly 

(Single cast)
2nd ability send forth you mimic to attack, if the mimic comes into direct contact with an enemy deals impact and slash damage and distracts/ confuses surrounding enemies 

(Ability that has a timer end early for varied effects)

3rd ability is that the mimic blocks all incoming damage in front of it it, if the ability is interrupted by casting it again and is ended early by recasting all damage blacked is reflected back. If ability isn’t interrupted damage taken replenishes heal, shields and provides bonus armour

(single use, use again to turn ability off)

4th ability use your mimic to beat up enemies, mimic will be susceptible to damage once health and shield are depleted ability ends and the mimic need to regenerate 

sorry don’t have any artwork of what the Warframe could look like, thank you for taking your time to read my idea

Elasmo

The Shark Warframe (name is based on the word Elasmobranchii. The scientific sub-class that sharks and rays are in)

Back Story/Lore:
Elasmo is from a planet that is 95% covered in electrically charged water (Think the planet Titan from Destiny 2, only its magnetic water) with very tough creatures with heightened senses. He is able to swim in this magnetic water and it does not affect him. He survives by not only being one of the strongest and fastest warframes, but also, one of the smartest. He often watches other creatures and factions to learn what their strengths and weaknesses are. Despite being a great fighter, he'd rather stand back and observe a situation. He will use fighting as a later resort if needed or outwit his enemies. If one had to describe Elasmo in one word, it would be "Efficient".

Passive: Animal Instint. Can swim in water, catch fish, and is unaffected my magnetic effects while in water. (Based on sharks having alot of senses, 7 to be exact, to feel the world around them)

Health: 200
Shield: 0
Armor: 500
Energy: 100
Sprint Speed: 1.10

Ability 1: Strike
Elasmo attacks enemies with his powerful bite at high speed. Enemies killed by this restore health. Use Strike during bullet jump to increase range and damage. Surviving enemies are stunned for a short duration.

Ability 2: Water Absorb
Elasmo covers himself in a water shield that absorbs and collects damage in stacks (25 max, 1000 damage per stack. Gains damage reduction with each stack. Up to 90% damage reduction at max stacks). Movement speed increased every 5 stacks. Consume shield to restore energy and health

Ability 3: Methane Splash
Elasmo releases a powerful wave force that covers the enemies and the floor in methane water. Enemies covered by water get viral proc. Move faster in areas covered in water. Allies hit with water do increased Viral damage for a duration. Hold to consume 10 stacks of Water Absorb and increase distance of wave.

Ability 4: Shiverous Conductor
Elasmo punches the ground to send an electric charge out around him that knocks enemies down. Enemies in areas covered in water get armor and shields stripped. Hold to consume 20 stacks of Water Absorb to half enemy health. (Regardless of level) (A group of sharks is called a Shiver. The electric waves would be in the shape of sharks. This ability is simply using the fact that water conducts lightning.) 

My final words and reasoning behind Elasmo is for him to change the way people look at sharks. Not as mindless killers, but as efficient predators that should be respected and loved.

I know the insect theme was posted already but I wanted to kind of display an idea of one. This is a orchid mantis warframe I drew/painted myself. I named her Schizo and would love to see how DE tackles an insect frames origin. This inspiration of a beautiful yet vicious insect would look and play nicely in warframe. 7SbQh0Z.jpg

Prexus, the book keeper, the duelist.

Prexus would be held secret by Drusus, a frame that harnesses the power of the old stories. To unlock them, you would have to find Prex cards in the Leverian. After finding say, three Prex cards Drusus would speak to you, commending you for your observation and interest in the histories he has recorded, and reveal that his archives contain fragments of blueprints for Prexus - he'll have to search them deeply to fully assemble them, but in the meantime he'd tell you to continue enjoying the Leverian. Finding a fourth Prex would open a new Leverian, that tells the story of Prexus... or at least the first chapter of it, the rest would be cloaked in darkness and unreachable. Viewing the displays in this first chapter and hearing the stories of them would earn you the first part of Prexus. Prex 5 would open chapter 2 of his Leverian along with another part, Prex 6 would give you the last part and a third chapter, and Prex 7 would unlock the final chapter of his Leverian with the statue of the frame, and reward you with its main blueprint.

In terms of design, I imagine Prexus sort of like a technological fantasy magician. They could be male or female - their design is like bulky robes, tattered and worn by time spent studying, years travelling and gathering stories, legends, knowledge. It's not a full robe or dress, like a robe-coat, with a mantle, perhaps a kind of crude mechanical hooded. While I totally want a duel-disk á la YuGiOh, that might be a bit silly and infringey, so instead... Prexus has a book, metallic or maybe made of energy and not even physical, that they can summon and dismiss at will, and it's with this book - and their deck - that they cast their abilities.

The core of Prexus's abilities would revolve around building a small deck of cards - say somewhere between 5-10. You'd build your "deck" at the arsenal. These cards would be elementally infused, and Prexus would initially just start with 5 basic cards, a "Force" Impact card, and Heat, Cold, Electric and Toxin cards... but the real trick would be integration with the Leverian Prex system - each of the Warframe Prex you retrieve from Leverians would be infused with an element as well, and could be included in Prexus's deck, with the power of the elements they provide being higher than those of the basic cards you start with. This Prex-deck concept would provide incentive to continue viewing Leverians and searching them for more cards to expand the kind of decks you can build - as more frames get Leverians, more deck options would become available as the pool of available cards for Prexus increases.

Since abilities aren't the focus of this, I'll spoiler my ideas for abilities, but I feel like they kind of help capture the vision I was going for, so I'll leave them spoilered below here incase they're useful

Spoiler

Prexus's abilities would revolve around drawing these cards from your deck with one ability, then using their abilities to project the elements held within. I envision their abilities as something like this:

1: Tap - Tapping the ability button draws a card from Prexus's deck held within their book, and adds it to their "hand", then unleashes a radial damage pulse that matches the element of the drawn card. Prexus has a hand size limit (however much that would be, I'm not sure what would be best), and attempting to draw with a full hand returns the oldest card in their hand back to the deck. Holding the ability button allows Prexus cycle through which card in their hand is highlighted, and that highlighted card is used with their other abilities.

2: Summon - Tapping the ability button consumes the currently highlighted card (highlighted with Ability 1: Tap) to cast forth a wave of elementally infused energy matching the consumed card's element. Holding it consumes the currently highlighted card to provide a buff to Prexus and nearby teammates within range

3: Fusion - Using it once consumes the currently highlighted card as the first fusion material. Using it again will fuse the first card with the second, and add the resulting card to Prexus's hand. Elemental cards can be fused to create combination element cards if the materials are different elements, or enhanced basic element cards if the materials are the same element. Force can only be fused with itself.

4: Synchro-storm - Consumes all cards in Prexus's hand to launch some kind of channeled ultimate ability, which deals elemental damage depending on the elements of cards that were discarded.

On 2020-03-06 at 2:35 PM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Mimic : take the form of your enemies and turn their strength into your own

This except more focused: A bookish warframe (possibly the innocent librarian trope if female?) Has powers and abilities based around scanning enemies. Would come with its own unique scanner that you have to use for it to gain power (so everyone starts off equal) and scanning enemies allows you to do different things: basic ones like deal more damage to them or take less from them, to more inventive things like: create an illusion of them around yourself so they don't attack you or your weapons' change damage types to be more effective against currently faced enemies. (Or the warframe could have an exalted weapon. Perhaps a book that channels a laser beam similar to Operator Mode when you first unlock it, or a pair of spectacles that do similar, etc.) The ultimate ability would be full on mimicry. You turn into your enemies, gaining their weapons and abilities for a short period. For extra cool factor this ability should also work on every boss where programming a player controlled version wouldn't be an absolute pain to do. (The humanoid ones like Vor, Lech Krill, Alad V, etc.)

As for how to get the warframe, exploring an ancient Orokin library for some hidden knowledge (or fact checking some current knowledge) would be very appropriate. Possibly you could work in that your character is going to the library to research the Lotus and her 'condition.' Another option is that perhaps the warframe was assigned early on to be caretaker of the library and when their brothers and sisters rebelled, they were either shut down by their creators or shut themselves down out of grief over what their family had become.

As for name, I've got no clue because I don't do languages. However, there is a quote that you could possibly draw inspiration for the name from. It's where the idea for this came to me. (alongside the person I quoted above.) Ecclesiastes 1:18 - "For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."

So I haven't looked through this section to see if something similar has been posted, however a few years back, I posted an idea for a cephalon based warframe. I wrote up a brief backstory as well as a full set of powers and all the stats I had considered to be balanced. As posts from over a year are automatically removed from the forums, I can't link my original post. That being said, I do have the original word document with the story and all the warframe details hidden somewhere in my google drives. Unfortunately (and probably by coincidence) some of the skills I had thought up have been added to other frames. For example, Baruuk's 1 was a variation of my frames 2 albeit slightly weaker. I would love for this to be chosen as I would love to help with the story and I could even retrieve the original document for some extra guidance in the creation of this frame as well as it's powers and story. It was a hybrid tank/support frame that allowed for multiple ways of utilising the frame. I would gladly go into more detail if requested. Hope this gets noticed. <3

The goo frame. AKA Mucin, a more femmy male should not be underestimated. He can get quite slimed up & move with ease. With a body that has nearly no limit to it's bendability. It's a creative combination in combat. It's limbs glow brighter as they grow, revealing it's gooey form. Able to turn into goop. Or make massive limbs of "mass" hammer time. From trapping enemies in goo bubble like jello masterpieces, to making them slip for fun. Allowing himself to enjoy as he skillfully passes by with ease. Dancing a ballet it only knows as he jumps, twirls, flips, sways and causes a trail of slippery, slimey, oddly entertaining destruction. This is a true Acrobat of oddities. You'd think he'd be slow, but no. He slows and pummels with grace without haste.

Here is the link to view a lil drawing i made of it down below. ✝

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wFPlGU0yY-C1opgNGoW75xlxngwFqcRI/view?usp=drivesdk

An idea I've had floating around for a while is that of a warframe themed around instability or a loss of control. Their powers would be unstable and could shift during gameplay. Perhaps their abilities could be affected by what allies they have in their squad (or what enemies they face while solo). The general idea is that they are powerful or their abilities would use different resources than energy, but overuse of their powers leads to negative effects on the caster.

"Having never gained full control over their powers Vesania was considered a failure by the Orokin and was discarded. Incomplete and alone Vesania sought endlessly for a purpose, the search eventually breaking them. Their isolation only deepened their hatred for their former masters and along with that came a power unlike any other."

I believe that a somewhat infested look would fit best, as though the infested strain used to create this warframe never fully assimilated, or perhaps its more of an early prototype. An asymmetrical, distorted design to fit with their incomplete and unstable nature. 

I think that a slime mold themed Warframe has potential while being unique at the same time. The first thing that people likely think of when thinking about slime molds is probably the gelatinous branch-veined plaque that grows on tree bark and solves mazes for food, like rats but stickier and also entirely not like rats. Seemingly intelligent, yet also seemingly nothing more than bizarre looking putty, it reminds somewhat of the amorphous growths found in infested spaceships and derelicts.

A Warframe with this theme would be capable of harnessing and controlling this plasmodial mass as a form of environmental creep. This slime mold creep could passively debuff, immobilize or damage enemies, feeding on corpses that fall near or upon it and actively growing to increase its presence. The frame can further exploit this network by directly manipulating it for offense (launch tendril attacks from a distance through the mold, create traps, turrets or minions from it), support (connect allies to mold network to share buffs and resources) or even as a mobility tool (dive into the mold and rapidly transport yourself across it Splatoon-style).

The gelatinous component of the Warframe could be displayed in a myriad of ways, the mass seeping through pore-like holes or simply creeping over the Warframe’s body. This visual element could also change on ability use, its presence becoming more or less prominent as it is accumulated expended; the slime mold grows and covers more of the frame, or it recedes to a few core locations on the body. Tendrils of the mass can be draped around the frame in a way analogous to clothing or hair, giving the impression of the frame wearing a tattered robe, gown or dress. Bulbous fruiting bodies could also be incorporated into the design. Additional inspiration for the main body could be derived from protective hazard suits, plants and fungi (which are not slime molds but there are a lot of cool shapes and patterns that can be derived from them anyway).

Hypnos

Green God of sleep. Has a twin brother Thanatos (death).

He possesses the standard powers of a god. Flight: Through levitation or his wings Hypnos has the ability to fly. Hypnokinesis: As the god of sleep, he has divine authority over sleep.

His godly symbol is a branch of a poplar tree dipped into the River Lethe, the river of forgetfulness located in the Underworld.

Hypnos`s sons:

• Morpheus: The Winged God of Dreams, able to take any human form in dreams.
  • Phobetor: He was the one who created the scary dreams. He was the personification of nightmare, taking the form of huge and scary animals.
  • Phantasus: He was the one creating the fake and illusional dreams, and had no animus form.
  • Ikelos: He was the one creating the true dreams, making them more realistic.

This is Aractinus the Spider Lady

I wish to preface this by saying me and my group of my friends all came up with the idea long before we saw anyone else post recent concepts, its total coincidence so i guess its a really popular concept. we totally need a spiderframe.

shame someone beat us to the punch but the other spiderframe i saw was really cool, and also basically totally different to what we had in mind, which i think is neat!

mpu6TFB.png

Passive: Trichobothria - wall stick when wall latch (like a spider)

Sheet web - spider web on the ground slows (augment:weaker slow but DOT)

Spawn spider-like maggots to suck health to give to team -

the spiders look like gemstones attached to the frame

3)folium - give all allies spider web armor, each time they get hit a web shoots out stunning the enemy (bullets stuck to armor)

4)Bidentate - turn you into a spider draining life around you (20m range + range) forced melee, melee replenish your health 2x allies.

5 ^'turning into a spider might just mean their second pair of hands spring out, or actually turn into some dope looking spider

Idle animation: spiders dance with her

I've always wondered how absolutely fantastic it would be to have a traditional African themed Warframe. Something akin to a Massai warrior with a shield and Assegai or spear. Perhaps even a Warframe modelled after and inspired by Shaka Zulu.

Of course such a frame would not have to be Shaka Zulu himself but I bet DE's creative team can work wonders with something similar.

Guardian Warrior Totem theme Warframe

Story:
Based on a Cetus legend, there is a monster sits on the top of the Tempest mountain.  This mountain is believed to be sacred because of the strong electromagnetic storm surrounding it.  Not one flying mechanism can approach the mountain.  There is only one broken foot path that leads to the top.  At the start of this footpath, adventurers can see the blue/yellow glowing structure that resides on the mountain top.  Cetus named it the Tempest Temple.  Whoever dare to reach the Tempest Temple will meet their falling doom.  Huge wild beasts will not attack who venture on the foot path and only smell & stare at them as they walk to the mountain top, because they know that they will get bodies from the sky.   Along this foot path, you will see all kinds dismember bodies, Grineers, Corpus and even Warframes....  Rumor said that if you dare to hunt down those wild beasts, you may find the weapon parts range from the past to the latest.  Cetus people knows the legend is not just a legend.  Up until now, Grineer and Corpus continues to venture to the mountain top for the secret of such powerful electromagnetic storm (strange fact: the infested won't approach the mountain). 

Warframe (Kaur):
Cetus people called the monster "Kaur" because they can hear the huge screams "Kaur" once a battle begins (It seems that Cetus people setup a camp next to the mountain).  Nobody knows such monster on the mountain top is a Warframe because no one can survive to tell the tale.  This warframe somehow is like Umbra that can move on its own.  It only remembers one thing when it wake up.  "Guard" is the deep message that locks into its mind and it believes the temple is what Kaur needs to fulfill its duty!  Whatever (except huge wild eagles) reach the mountain top will get defeated and thrown off the mountain.  As time passed by, a legend was told.....  Since Kaur doesn't remember what it really is, it developed its abilities according to the environment around him.  The temple totems, the huge wild eagle beasts and the Eye of Tempest on the top of the mountain (the Eye may be the cause of the electromagnetic storm around the mountain)
Any Tenno who dare to challenge this monster will also fail.  It is so powerful, all challenged warframes will get thrown off the mountain with their weapons scatter around the mountain.  Tenno somehow will also get affected by the electromagnetic storm and forgot anything happen after the reaching the mountain top (you may lost your frame and weapons not until you recover them) so be alerted before to take on this Quest of no return......

2 Sketches attached to show Kaur's look and abilities.

EIbXHfd.jpg

XtkQRL5.jpg

I unfortunately cannot find a way to post a picture of what my Warframe is supposed to look like, so I'll just describe it.

Basically a Warframe, but with paper. I have no idea what to call my Warframe idea, so I'm just gonna use Origami as a placeholder. The 'frame uses paper and origami creatures as its abilities. I wanted to make it a sort of jack-of-all-trades kind of thing, so it could have a few abilities to help with some things here and there. It's thin with jagged edges on the armor plating and has one small eye similar to Ivara. The color pallet mostly consists of drab paper colors with green glowing energy.

Stats:

Health: 75 (200 at Rank 30)

Shield: 100 (225 at Rank 30)

Armor: 125

Energy: 150 (225 at Rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.2

Could have Madurai and Vazarin Polarities in Mod Slots. And a Naramon Aura Polarity.

Abilities:

Passive: Papercut

• Bullet Jumping, Rolling or Sliding by enemies causes Slash damage to them.

Ability (1): Looseleaf Shuriken

• Origami throws a bunch of those paper shuriken things we all made back in middle school. They travel in a single direction and do a bunch of damage. Does more damage to enemies suffering from Slash damage.

Ability (2): Paper Airplane

• Origami does what is essentially a "Super Bullet Jump" in one direction. Enemies hit by Paper Airplane take damage. Unlike Rhino's first ability, the player can actually see how fast they're traveling.
  • Upon use, a 3-second timer starts. Any time Paper Airplane is used within this 3-second time limit, the ability only costs 10 Energy instead of 50. When the player uses Paper Airplane within the 3-second timer, it resets the timer. This basically means it can be chained if used constantly.

Ability (3): Crane Swarm

• One selected target or point that the player points at is swarmed by thousands of tiny origami cranes. The swarm only damages enemies when they enter or exit the swarm. Enemies that are already inside the swarm do not take any active damage, only when they pass through the swarm.
  • Any time an enemy tries to shoot into or out of the swarm, the bullets are deflected by the cranes. This basically means it's Frost's Snowglobe but with less protective capability in exchange for doing damage.
  • If placed upon a moving target or object, the swarm will follow that target or object, but the protective and damaging capabilities of the swarm are thereby limited.

Ability (4): Paper Storm

• Origami creates a flurry of papers that fly everywhere within a 20m radius of the point at which she had cast it. It lasts for 10 seconds.
  • Enemies that travel 0-5m into the storm receive Slash debuff.
  • Enemies that travel 6-15m into the storm get actively damaged.
  • Damage done to enemies that travel within 5m from the center is doubled.

Archived